Login to your account

Thread: A not-so-average school roleplay, anyone?

Lightbulb A not-so-average school roleplay, anyone?

You're frightened, it is a time of need for you, and you're trying desperately to get some rest despite whatever circumstance is troubling you (be it great or small). Suddenly a quiet voice calls to you, sending shivers down your spine- it's offering you a choice. It can help you it says, give you a "Gift". You were young then, and half asleep you trusted it greatly. Perhaps, if you're sharp, you ask what it wants in return. It doesn't say, simply says it will come to you when the time is right to ask what it needs of you. You wake up and think it's a dream, after all, you don't feel different... Except there is a single tarot card laying beside you on your pillow.
    It isn't long before you notice, something has changed after all...

So, I'm gauging interest for an idea I had; as above, characters are given a "gift", a single power related to the tarot card given to them, at some point in their youth. These characters are in a hard spot, as it becomes difficult to control, perhaps even more difficult with time if training is not done properly, and the powers may be frightening to others. However, the Academy takes them in to provide this training and that is where the story begins...
    They'll try to provide as normal an experience as possible for the poor kids, but it's difficult when the thing on everyone's mind is what might be coming for them.

Anyone up for it? Idea is totally still in the works, if people have any input to give!
    Attached Images Attached Images

This sounds like it could definitely be interesting! I would love to join it. Would it only be the main cards or will there be also the minor arcanes?

I'd die to make a character based on the 9 of swords... Nightmare powers are best powers.
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.