Login to your account

Thread: Ready To Fight?

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.

Ready To Fight?

Cheesy title, I know, but this is a real question.

I used to run Soul Gauge Arena on here, about a year or so ago. It didn't go very far, and quite honestly, it wasn't active. I probably didn't advertise it enough, or made it seem as if it were meant for a small group of people who all knew each other. It wasn't, just wanted some people to come in and let their character fight for their lives.

The roleplay was based in a huge fighting arena, and it was set up much like your average well-built professional football field. There were training rooms, the medic room, dorm rooms, and all things needed for living and more in one area, all combined with the arena. This arena, though, is where the magic happened.

Soul Gauge Arena is but a show in this universe, and a collection of people have it out in a place that was predetermined by the Game Masters. These Game Masters created the contents of the arena, the rules for the game and many other things that are just simply a part of the show. During the show, or the recording of the game for the show, they monitor the Soul Gauge that are on the participant's wrists.

The Soul Gauge monitors the player's vitals in all manners- blood pressure, temperature, various levels of things in the blood and body. If you wanted to know it, you could find it on the Soul Gauge. It also tracked where you were using GPS. This Soul Gauge is a watch-like thing that is embedded into the skin for as long as their contract lasts. These stats can be viewed by anyone who is viewing the show or the show's website, and it can show these all of the states live and with previous recording.

That was in my earlier days on here, and now I'm seriously considering re-opening and renaming this roleplay. If anyone is interested or has questions, please post them here.
    Last edited by Omlyt; 01-06-2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Updated some information

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    Edit: Updated the information and corrected some errors.

seems like a very action-oriented thing, but i think there's some story potential. i suppose it all depends on the setting. if these fights are to the death (which i'm assuming they are from what you said about characters fighting for their lives), i'm supposing there'll be a Hunger Games / futuristic Spartacus: Blood and Sand sort of vibe. speaking of futuristic, what's the tech level anyway? are there different races (aliens even) or are there only human beings? do the contracts have a fixed length or can they vary? is there such thing as magic?

^ The exact questions that came to mind.

Also, would the RP be following T1 regulations?
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.