Login to your account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OOC : Dark Seed

Legendary Adventurer NomDePlume's Avatar

THIS IS THE OOC FOR DARK SEED
    Please Subscribe because I will update this with information often.

Here we will discuss plots, have general chatter, and otherwise be awesome.
    Just remember to play nice with your fellow players.

Last edited by NomDePlume; 01-01-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Alright~!

Considering that there hasn't been interest abound I'm going to wrap up my character, snatch the Misene seed I want (sorry- I did wait around a week), and make the first post in the Prelude. When and if your character is accepted you can also make a post in the Prelude. In simple it is just the 'how you came to Ivory City' paragraph (or more). Just give us a feel for your character how you ended up where you were when everything happened. There is no need to go into the city being attacked but you can hint at it at the end of your post. Otherwise when Chapter 1 opens up that is when the city is attacked and you are teleported to Misene.

While there are 4 slots open in this RP. I may start after 2 have been filled as I do want this RP to pick up, and maybe after that it'll be easier to gather two more characters- or more if the RP gets popular!

Anyway! I hope to see you guys soon!

DARK SEED HAS BEEN FEATURED.

;_; I'm so happy.

So I'm hoping we get two more people, or at least some more interest! Either way if we don't I'm going to go ahead and start the RP this weekend. It will still be open, but people might have to wait to jump in at spots where we can add other characters

DARK SEED HAS STARTED
    but it is still open

There are two spots remaining in the RP and it is very much open to new players and characters. Of course if you do create a character and are accepted into the game- you might have to wait until we get to a part in the RP where it is feasible for another character to join. No worries though that shouldn't be too long.
    Otherwise- let this epic begin!

I'm utterly entranced by the concept and deeply wish to express my interest in seeing this vision come to fruition. The idea of the villian being Entropy personified...um,sends little ants marching down my creative spine. That being said, I would deeply like to play a mage from the city of Steel, seeking to study the changes in energy caused by the Dark Seed's coming. I would like to have him gain the omnipresent perspective for 2 reasons. It holds the most danger with the possible aspect of losing one's self to someone else's thoughts, emotions, etc. and it could be applied in a myriad of ways. Can the bearer of this Seed project this perspective outward to the focal person? Could the effect be amplified? And if so, at what cost to the bearer? Once I have some of the details,I hope to jump into posting ASAP.

Well thank you for your interest! It is much appreciated and very VERY much so welcome.

And a character from the City of Steel is very much so interesting. Just a note though- there is no 'magic' per-say just Talents based off of having a seed. That doesn't mean some city-states haven't toyed with certain aspects of technology to give a 'magical' effect. For instance: a rod that creates lightening is actually just an electrical device that words off of solar power. Scholar Inventors are pretty much the equivalent of mages here, and very much so welcome in the storyline. c:

Sounds like an interesting twist with that seed power. And actually- I meant to state this somewhere in here- that that seed power is a very heavy GM power. So I'll be telling you what your character hears and sees- or at least the plot parts of it. Now if you just want to spy on two midwives having some idle gossip go ahead and make it up. Otherwise if you use the power on an important side character or NPC I'll make up what you see and hear. Yeah I definitely should have mentioned that somewhere.

Also the seed power- or at least Misene's- are very limited as to what they do. What it says in the description is what you get. They don't evolve like the character's personal seeds unless they are coupled with a complementary seed (which may or may not happen in the plot). Also Misene's seeds don't have a cost so they can't be used with neither a diminished or heightened poignancy. Unlike the character's personal seeds they lack that maneuverability. Apologies for not making that clearer- but I figured it would be too heavy a GM if characters were able to grow on a goddess's seed.

I hope that helps!
    And I can't wait to hear your response!

Informative indeed...I've submitted a character for approval and scripted an introduction of sorts. I'm currently researching to bring myself as up to speed as possible. As soon as I am approved, I'll be more than happy to join in.

Um, I've submitted a character and have been waiting for approval. I can't post anything till then.

Yes apologies- I had an impromptu family crisis I had to attend to this weekend and I've been trying to catch up with everything this week. I meant to post it on WTF, but I ran out of time before I could get a decent message out and wifi was balls at the hotel I was staying at. I shall get to it tonight, and let you know my thoughts and then we shall work on an entrance for your character. Currently we are not in a place where people can show up, but we should be soonish. So we'll discuss that.

I've been advised that I should seek to lay claim to the Omnipresent Perspective seed, which I'm going to do. However, in the spirit of cooperation, if anyone feels that their character would make a better fit for it, I'd be happy to negotiate a change. IM me with the details and I will respond asap.

THIS IS NOW CLOSED!
    wth! we closed the RP

Anyway a note to the two characters that just joined- due to the nature of where the characters are currently at we are unable to introduce you immediately. Instead once our characters are outside of the vault and in the ruins of Ivory City you may be able to post. You will not have run across Misene, but the seeds that the lead three characters have found will be given to you along with a general sense of a 'purpose'.
    That being said- to keep you from being super bored I am going to make a sub chapter called: 'Interlude: In the Wake of Destruction' there you two will be able to post how your characters came across the City of Ivory after the Dark Seed has left. That way you will have something to do as we finish up in the vault and inevitably get top side. There is no need to have interaction in these posts, but just fill us in as to how your character escaped destruction and ended up here.

Any questions- feel free to PM me.

Sounds good, Nom. I'm okay with interactions if it's a choice, but I don't mind if there are strictly to be no interactions. Looking forward to the sub chapter while the other three chars are finding their way out of the vault.

Edit: I have access to it, but as it's empty I assume you plan on adding in a description etc so I shall be waiting patiently =). If I'm wrong just let me know.
    Last edited by FijiLoki; 02-12-2013 at 07:57 PM.
    "And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?"

No need for description. You should just go ahead and post what your character was doing and how they got there, etc etc.

I mean it is the City of Ivory but pretty much abandoned with minor destruction. You're allowed to include whatever details you want to- I'm not going to limit you on this.

Oh, Okay. I will come up with a post later on tonight then when I have a second. Will think it over. Good to know it's just minor destruction. Was not sure how the city looked now topside Will get right on that, thanks Nom ^^

Hey was just wondering - for the city u said it was abandoned with minor destruction, does this mean that there are no bodies either?

There are bodies as the Dark Seed just stole the 'seeds' from everyone- aka their souls. Maybe I should have made this all a bit more clear. I'm a fail GM.

I am also going to apologize for lack of posting as of late- I've had a particularly bad cold and unfortunately I haven't been able to a break from work and it only has gotten worse. Anyway- I'm going to post my response today, and I'm going to be way more relaxed about posting intervals. I would be hypocritical if I wasn't.

Though FijiLoki and It_That_Rises you don't have to wait for me to go ahead. c:
    Last edited by NomDePlume; 02-20-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Ok I wrote my post...oh, I'm nervous though. Please let me know if something is not okay, and I can fix it.

If It_That_Rises does not post within the next week I'll reopen the RP. So anyone reading this that is interested in the RP- feel free to hit me up! Or I can just make another character- either or- I sort of leave it up to chance. c:

So having not heard from It_That_Rises in a month- I have put their status on 'inactive', and their presence in the RP will not be noted or recognized.

I had someone else lined up for the spot (hence the delay), but they will not be joining.

That being said I won't open the RP up as we seem to have a good dynamic going here and I would hate to ruin that. So instead- we shan't have a fifth member, but something else will happen to the shard. And I guess we'll just have to wait and see. c:

Too bad about the RPer not pulling through. But I think it's going to be interesting to see what you do about the seed.

Hey any reason why you lock the areas we've already done? When they're locked we can't go back and read previous posts for references or just for fun

So, do we wait for Jian to talk first? ^_^

Hm- I thought it was still visible. That is why I made it a visible lock. I guess I can unlock it. Maybe I don't understand WTF. XD Seriously I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't. I WILL keep the last part we did open- no more than that. If that doesn't suit you then let me know. But I'll leave the part we just completed open from now til the rest of the RP. How does that sound?

Anyway we are posting in Part II though- so push your posts there.

And no you don't have to wait for Jian.
    You can go ahead and move forward as much as you want NPCs at the gates are yours to command. Honestly any NPCs you want to make you can. Just leave all the gods and leaders to me (and of course any NPCs I make).
    Last edited by NomDePlume; 03-23-2013 at 06:29 AM.

Humble Farmer With a Sword RoguePanda's Avatar
    Hey guys! I just wanted to apologize for taking a long time to post something. This week was finals week for me, and my final projects for my computer illustration and typography classes took longer than expected. So I've been a bit busy and stressed out.

But now everything's back to normal so I should be good to go. :3

Cool beans! Yeah no worries Panda. Seriously I have been uber late on my own dern RP. -_- So I don't hold it against you. XD Just figured you were busy.

Thanks for posting! And I hope finals week rocked.

Humble Farmer With a Sword RoguePanda's Avatar
    I'm just glad finals week is over! But then again it's kind of my own fault for taking on complicated and time-consuming pieces for my final projects. I love doing intricate and complicated things, but having a limited time frame really screws it up for me. So much pressure to get it all done on time!

Plus I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I can't just slap a few things together and call it good. Everything has to be just right for me to be happy with myself. I've just always been like that. It's a blessing and a curse.

Nom~Nom, where art thou? -looks around- I can't even post again, not until someone else does...Nim feels so lonely...someone please! Post! -dying/crying-

Nom are we still playin?

Yes.

I was waiting on RoguePanda to post considering Margot addressed Jian. I give it until tomorrow morning and I'll post again.

oh nos. I just noticed RoguePanda's profile:

Last Activity
    04-10-2013 12:08 AM

Does that mean they haven't logged in two weeks or just that they have not posted anything anywhere?