Login to your account

The Coming Darkness 2

Finish your journey in this anime-themed roleplay.......

Tags: action, adventure, anime, awesome holy crap moments, drama, fighting, life, magic, romance, school life, swag, yolo

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: IamEnzo

Created: 12-22-2012, 07:18 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Posts 301 to 330 of 665

1. Characters in this post:
    She could tell from the knitting of his eyebrows and the gestures that he made that Angelo was indeed, worried. Manilla's eyes silently followed the male to where he sat down, staring blankly as the worried expression continued.

She took a few steps, a small crunching sound on the ground from her shoes disturbing the eerie quiet atmosphere that had been going on, and made her way towards Angelo.

"Do not worry," she spoke, her voice toneless, "It will be okay, Mind. Relax; the head of the famiglia should not brood so deeply over things such as this- instead, take confidence in the fact that you will be able to get through it."

With that awkward sort of 'pep talk' over, Manilla plopped her head onto Angelo's shoulder, "I am tired."

2. Characters in this post:
    The dream ending shrieks of Enzo and Argo had forced Volitaire from out of his rest. Now grumpy and confused he groggily stood up from his bed slightly sliding a bit form wearing socks on the smooth surfaced floor. His feet tapped the cold floor quietly as he made his way to the metal door. With some applied force the metal hinges squeaked and the edges of the door pushed against the floor scuffing up the smooth surface below it. The lights of the hallway shined upon his pupils, causing them to dialate from attempting to adjust to the light. He soon heard another female voice down the hallway; in the direction of the medical bay. This one wasn't too familiar but from what he heard she seemed to have known to Enzo was and was quite comfortable where she was. The medical bay door was open and Volitaire had walked in front of it catching a view of Enzo's arms wrapped around the female he had heard from down the hall. He raised an eyebrow walking into the bay turning his head to face the two as he walked next to him. A gleal of reflected light had struck Volitaire's eye once again. He looked down to the source of the reflection and noticed the Ring of Mist. His heart jumping Volitaire had gasped at the realization of who he had found. "Silver..? That you?"

3. Characters in this post:
    Silver chuckled lightly and hugged Enzo back, patting the back of his head gently. "Still such a softy.. I missed you, Enzo." She glanced around the room, her eyes resting on the stranger who was with Enzo. She eyed him suspiciously, about to say something when another familiar face walked into the room. She looked to Volitaire and smiled, nodding. "Hiya Voli. Long time no see, eh?" She reached out her arm to him, offering for him to join the hug she and Enzo had going on.

4. Characters in this post:
    Manilla's words helped eased his surfaced tension and worries. As blankly stated as they were they still held meaning. A grin came over his face as he turned over to her; almost ready to thank her. Before he could even open his mouth to speak she was on his shoulder, tired-eye'd and lowering in tone. His cheeks flushed with his eyes widening and stomach fluttering. Manilla had never been this close to him before. Of course it would feel better if emotion was behind it but this could settle for some warm embrace. He moved his body over letting Manilla fall onto his chest while in his arms. "Then go to sleep... I'm not tired at all yet." He said with a nervous chuckle.

5. Characters in this post:
    "A group hug..? I'm not a child, Silver. I'm just fine. Though, it has been a while. Why the sudden appearance?" "He snorted when he noticed Enzo was still latched around Silver. It was rare to catch him in his softer moments which waas always quite comical to Volitaire. Sighing he decided to cave in and give Silver a quick hug before letting her go and sitting on one of the beds. He turned to Argo who looked both distressed and confused. Volitaire had narrowed his glare to the man, "Something troubling you, Argo?" He asked.

6. Characters in this post:
    His arms wrapped around her, and Manilla glanced back up at the other male, eyes scanning his expression, which was significantly more relaxed than it had been moments before.

"I cannot sleep," she replied, "I have simply lost the ability to, Mind."

Her reddish brown eyes blinked once, and her petite arms reached out to poke at his cheek, "You look 'tired' too," she said, "Can you sleep?"

7. Characters in this post:
    The tear on Enzo's face was burned up by a small sky flame when he heard Volitaire's voice. A second long group hug went by and he finally let Silver breathe by letting her go. His crooked face still there.

Argo on the other hand wasn't enjoying this reunion at all. He was focused on more pressing matters. When Volitaire asked, he answered straight away.
    "Of course something's bothering me." He responded rudely. "Some other jackasses has the book that's not meant for them."

8. Characters in this post:
    Volitaire growled under his throat to Argo's rude response. He was grumpy from being awaken as it was and had little tolerance for Argo today. His dreams weren't the most pleasant either. The shade of his hair covered his eyes slightly as he leaned over a little bit to meet Argo's glare from being slightly higher from the large frame of the medical bed. His glare sharpened and turned to Argo, beginning to frown. "Watch your tone..." He said under his breath.

9. Characters in this post:
    Silver glanced back and forth between Volitaire and Argo, then glanced back to Enzo. She cleared her throat at the obvious tension, and nodded. "Alright, we can catch up more later. Clearly there's something important going down. What's this about a book?.." It was too late. She was caught up in it. It's not like she was planning on just dropping in and leaving really quick anyways. Her friends were in trouble, so of course she had to help. But she had to be in the loop first.

10. Characters in this post:
    The sky had darkened by now. Lauren had spent the entire day running errands and picking up parts.Stepping out of yet another store, Lauren had a few bags in hand, and a long, rectangular box carried under her other arm, along with a medium sized box carried in both hands. Attempting to balance the boxes with all her other things, she tried to take care not to bump into anyone. So far, no one was getting too close. Good thing, too. She wouldn't stop if they'd hit someone. The things were a bit heavy. Luckily, her other arm was taking the brunt of the weight.

11. Characters in this post:
    Argo looked between all three of them, giving a pause after Silver asked what the situation was. "Done? Finished? Okay." He then started to explain. "The book I was going to use to commence a mass resurrect.. was actually a book that contained a spell that allowed people like me..." He pointed to himself to help his cause a little. "...To turn into people like you." He then pointed at the Guardians. A worried, slightly frightened expression was on his face. He WAS staring at three Guardians, after all.

"I know, I lied, but now some rich douche has it. I'll find out who it is, but you just have to continue doing what your doing and stop whoever it is before he opens it. Because a man with money AND power, is a big deal."

12. Characters in this post:
    Eli started heading home again, and was very focused on his thoughts as he walked. Unfortunately, he didn't notice the woman carrying all the stuff, and as he was looking down, he walked right into her. Luckily, the collision wasn't hard enough to really send her stuff flying. "Sorry..-" He spoke before he looked up at her. When he saw how much stuff she was carrying, and his eyes widened a bit. "Oh, geez, I'm sorry, do you need help with that?.." He offered an apologetic look, not reaching out to take her things until she approved it.

13. Characters in this post:
    Marcus blinked, a bit stunned as the person(?) jumped up on the counter in front of him, trying to shrink back into the darkness. "Woah. It's okay. I just want to know who you are and what you're doing here." He spoke very softly, almost fatherly-like. It was a whole hearted attempt to calm down the being before him. Giving a gentle smile he reached forward slowly, showing an empty face-up palm. "Please, come down off the table. I won't hurt you, I give you my word." He was being honest, he didn't want to harm anyone. But he was fairly curious as to why this thing(?) disguised itself as a cat to gain entry to Dora's home. While obviously a magician of sorts, what were its intentions?

Felix chuckled pulled the dart from in between his eyes. It was quite apparent that it was some sort of tranquilizing weapon, but the ammo that Jacen had saved for the 'cocky bastard' was free from the sedating fluids. It was nothing more than a scare tactic. "He's clever," Felix said looking over the business guide that the man provided him, "I like him. Even if he is a magician, he doesn't seem as though he knows about Argo and his gang of misfits. Perhaps he will prove useful to me in the near future." Placing the dart down on the desk, after examining it once more, he turned to his mistress. "I'm sorry, my dear. It seems there are far too many distractions today. How about tomorrow, hmm? Same time?" With a quick peck on the lips and a slap on the ass, he playfully shooed her out the door. "Mind the guards. They seem to be napping." He jokingly said as he closed the door behind her. "À demain, love."

For the next hour or so, Felix sat silently at his desk eyeing the mysterious book that his men had recovered. "Why exactly did they want this so bad?" He asked himself again, gently running his fingers along the spine and cover. On the outside, it appeared like a normal book. It had no fancy latches, locks, or aura. It seemed to be just a standard book with neatly written calligraphy on it. The more he studied it from a far, the more curious he became about its contents. His only real fear regarding it, was if it were booby trapped. He let his fingers slide along the edges of the papers inside. It all felt normal, no unnatural weight or texture. It was just so enticing. What if inside were all the secrets to the magic world? He would want to be the first to know about them, not some R&D lackey. "That's it." Felix pressed a button on his intercom that put him through to all security personnel on his floor. "I will be conducting a study in my office momentarily. Stay alert, if anything seems abnormal, you have my permission to enter immediately." From outside, he could hear the guards shuffling around, getting into position in case something were to go awry. It made Felix feel all the more safe.

He took a heavy breath and lightly gripped the edge of the book. Ever so carefully he began to peel back the cover...

14. Characters in this post:
    Volitaire growled to Argo's story. He didn't like the idea of anyone getting their hands on a tome of that knowledge. He almost wanted to yell at Argo for his carelessness with such a dangerous artifact. Volitaire stood up from the bed while pinching the bridge of his nose with his eyes squinted shut in aggravation. He almost wanted to hoist Argo up to the wall for all the trouble he could have possibly caused. Relaxing his face while releasing his fingers from his nose he kept his eyes closed and head pointed down to the ground, wanting to avoid all eye contact with the man. "So what you're saying is... You lost a tome, a tome that could grant the everyday human possibly boundless power. And you didn't just lose it to an everyday person, but our enemy..!?" He spoke with his teeth grit and a scrunching frown that worsened as he spoke. Volitaire walked to Argo and gripped him by the collar of his shirt, his anger now at peak. "You were supposed to be finding a tome on Resurrection, not something as dangerous as this! Now you went and lost it to the enemy who God knows what the hell they will do with it! I knew from the moment you spoke to us at that party you'd just throw us into a bigger mess!" He tossed Argo back while gripping tightly on his own hair. Volitaire never handled stress well after recently waking up. He acted more on impulse like this when not completely awakened or a bit restless. "And discerning features of who took the book? Emblems? Names? Anything?"

15. Characters in this post:
    Silver listened to the stranger, nodding in understanding. That certainly was troublesome. But before she could even say a word in response, Volitaire responded, quite angrily too. Jeez, maybe it was because he just woke up, but she hoped he wasn't like this all the time. Silver put her hand on his shoulder, giving him a look that basically told him to calm down a bit. "Volitaire, don't you think you are acting a bit rashly? Shush up, and let's talk about this calmly, alright?" Looking back to the man who was with them, she tilted her head, a bit confused. "Well, how many insanely rich and powerful assholes are there in the world? Surely it wouldn't be too hard to find out who it was." She shrugged, not realizing finding out would probably be a lot harder than it seemed.

16. Characters in this post:
    The figure trembled, but as Marcus drew his hand out, the shaking stopped. The hood fell off to reveal an innocent boy with blonde hair. He moved the sack of food behind him to defend it. "No.. You and that lady.." The way he talked seemed like he was more of a victim than anything. He had the look that made you automatically know he couldn't do any harm.

Enzo already knew the situation, but he let Argo explain. Unfortunately, Volitaire took it the worst. He didn't want to stop his friend, because he knew he would react maturely, but the way things have been going, it's not surprising the man lashed out. Silver pleaded him to stop before Enzo could, so he went to Argo instead, who was now on the floor. "You said you could find out who it was." "Y-yeah I can, but now with big apes throwin' me around!" He gave Volitaire a glare for what he'd done. Enzo gave Argo a hand back up. "Don't get me wrong, he's not the only one angry. Now, how are you going to find this guy?" He asked. "Does this place have internet?" "You'd have to ask the 'ape'."

17. Characters in this post:
    As Silver advised he calmed down. Though his anger for Argo's carelessness still remained, especially now that he was called a "ape". He was ready to slam the man into the ceiling with a flick of the wrist... But he didn't want Silver to catch on to the impression that his frustration has gotten a little worse since last they met. He heard Argo ask about internet access in the bunker. Volitaire thought about it, though he never remembered Artizle using a computer during his stay here. He tapped his index finger over his lips trying to remember if he saw anything close to a modem or Ethernet port in the bunker. "Not too sure, why would a ape have access to the internet? I'd probably just break my modem picking up hostility from seeing the many blinking lights during a boot up screen. But, to take your question seriously it varies on if I find anything. If not, then we'll have to relocate." He stated while looking out the doorway, refusing to face Argo.

18. Characters in this post:
    Silver huffed and rolled her eyes at the raging testosterone coming from Volitaire, and turned back to Enzo and Argo. "Where might we relocate to? Would you need private internet, or would something like wifi from a cafe work?" She scratched her head, wishing she could be of more use than this. Unfortunately, she had been M.I.A. for so long that she didn't exactly recall how things around here worked from day to day.

19. Characters in this post:
    Back in Tokyo, under the surface of the city laid a hanger full of mechanical humanoid husks that stood in lines. They were in the dark, and stayed there, powered down. Next to the chamber was a testing chamber. A large dome like arena. In the middle was a single robot. 8 feet tall. It had was also powered down, but had a long cord hooked into it's side.

From the observation room, Kyoya stood observing as a handful of scientists huddled around consoles. On one of the screens was a video of Enzo in his Soulless state. With a push of a button, the data was streamed down to the robot, which absorbed the data quickly.
    It's amazing what doors technology opens for us, isn't it?" From just a simple video, the robot powered up. It's human-like eyes turned yellow, it's body starting to twitch, and finally,a flame ignited on it's head.

"Let's put Valkyrie to the test." He gave a nod to one of the scientist, who in turn pushed a few buttons that released several human beings that possessed magical ability. The dome was inside of a magical and flame nullifying field, so they couldn't fight back. The robot picks up their presences, and vanished from sight. They began to drop like flies in the dark dome as the robot 'Valkyrie' went to work. It moved just like any Soulless would, with the addition of flames coming out of it's boots for added projection.

In just a few seconds, the group of people were dead, and Kyoya narrowed his eyes. It was a way of telling he was at least interested.
    "Valkyrie. I have an assignment for you." His voice began to transmit into the room. The robot acknowledged it's voice by staring directly at the observation room window, which was only view-able one way. "There is an assassin going around making trouble. Find and kill Jacen Eirsth."

A hole opened up in the ceiling. It was a launch pad. And so, Valkyrie 1 took off into the tube. In seconds, it was already soaring through the sky and parting the clouds at amazing speeds.

20. Characters in this post:
    Argo dusted off his damaged suit, refusing to look directly at Volitaire either. It was true what he tried to do was wrong, but this was way worse. He looked over to Silver, which was the more friendlier of the bunch. "Anything with a secure connection. I need to be able to do what I have to do and not have to be traced back."

Spoiler Spoiler

21. Characters in this post:
    Spoiler Spoiler

"kuh..." Gritting his teeth, his muscles tensing as his body curled up into a ball, Acies's eyes would open to observe the dry sands of the beach he had taken his rest upon. "A dream, huh?" He'd think out loud as he slowly pushed his left hand onto the ground and slowly pushed himself off the semi-solid surface. His smokey orbs would slowly adjust themselves to the light, his right hand covering his face briefly in an attempt to form a filter, and upon finally lowering it reality would strike again. "Oh yeah... the academy's a ruin now and I've spent the last 5 years wandering around for nothing."He mentally summed up, his right hand reaching to his left arm and gripping at his bicep nervously, a reflex he had in hard times. Unfortunately this time he was not just faced with petty hard times; all his hopes of finally accomplishing his goals were crushed. Somehow however, what he felt at that very moment was not despair, but a sort of release, like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders. Either way, his quest was over and he no longer had to continue wandering the world. Maybe he'd get updated on the political status of the world, take more time meeting people or just kick back in relax. He could afford to do those things now, the options were open.

Slowly stretching his arms up to the sky, Acies would let out a light groan and then performed a lunge or two, he turned to his boat, grabbed the bag that contained his things, and started heading towards the academy. "Wonder if there's anything of interest in there..." He mused on the way.

22. Characters in this post:
    Jacen approached his home and used his wearable to turn off the lockdown feature.
    Upon walking inside, he kept his handgun ready...just in case. Once satisfied at the inspection, he took off his gear and returned to the equipment locker.
    He may not be scared...but I'm definitely in his head. He knows that I could have shot him with the real thing...either one. He knows that I can damn near enter his compound pretty much any time I want and his guards can't do shit.
    He walked back into his office, still holding his handgun...one of the few things he used that wasn't modified or built by him... acquired on one of his first international contracts doing security in Germany 4 years ago. I wonder...
    Jacen pulled open a drawer of his desk and took out his cleaning kit.
    He opened the handgun at the slide and looked for the serial number. All weapons with machined parts have them.
    He pulled the barrel out and put it under his computer's scanner.
    "Scan the serial code on this barrel. I want the brand naming and manufacturer. Factory name included."
    The computer cast a blue laser that swept over the barrel before reporting on screen and reading it off to Jacen.
    "Handgun barrel, for use with .45 and 15mm dart ammunition. Country of Origin: Germany. Branding is GSHP, German Specialized Handgun Project. From 2nd run of production, number 26 out of 100. It came from ETS Military and Law Enforcement...a laboratory and factory owned by Tormod Family Industries."
    Well how about that...I knew there was a reason he emphasized their weapon development.
    He walked over to his large window and held the barrel to the moonlight.
    "Computer. Run a search and list all known weapon factories and research laboratories in the area with ties to Tormod Family Industries...partial ownership included."
    "Commencing search, sir."
    You're a powerful man in a powerful family, Felix...let's see just how far your family's touch extends...

23. Characters in this post:
    The two had spent the night talking about each others odd sleep patterns. Or at least Angelo explained what it was like to sleep to Manilla who didn't seem to have a clear understanding of it. She was still enveloped in the young Soulless' arms while he talked about as many dreams as he could remember to her. At one point he did end up dosing off on her to which he woke up with his head on her lap; the first thing he saw was her blank stare over the ocean horizon. He got up, stretching and groaning with some joints popping become a bit more loose making for some relief. He stood up and stretched his back out and looked back over the bridge that connected Whiterun to the old Castle. He remembered that Sky, his Guardian and the other stragglers escaped into the ruins. He was curious of what became of them though if anything had happened he could probably pick up Sky's flame presence a mile away. He shaded his eyes with his right hand so he doesn't have to feel the sting of light adjustment just yet. Spare himself of the eye rubbing. He looked down to Manilla offering her a hand to help her up. "We're going to go see Sky. Come, Nilla."

24. Characters in this post:
    Manilla gave a nod, "Okay."

However, she shook her head at his hand, "I can get up by myself." lThe famiglia head should not offer help to someone such as herself. After all, she was a servant to the house.

Manilla stood, "Are we going to fly?"

25. Characters in this post:
    Angelo pulled his hand back making a slight noise of disappointment. He frowned while turning his glare away from Manilla wishing he hadn't acted so personal with her all the time. It always ended with that ever present sting of regret knowing she wouldn't have a natural reaction to it. It impacted him harder seeing how he spent half of the night with her in his arms, he felt closer to Manilla because of that, maybe even made a breakthrough. But his hopes usually came up short. Dropping his hand and sighing, he turned back to Manilla shaking his head. "No, we're gonna walk. No use attracting attention to ourselves now that it's morning..." His voice was low and more mono toned than before. His heart always ached for Manilla to return some sort of action. Trying to push back his broken wishes he started walking by the craters and bodies, scuffing his heels in the ruptured soil.

26. Characters in this post:
    Slowly walking towards the rubble of what was formerly a school, Acies came to an abrupt stop when his ears heard the voices of a pair of individuals. Who were they? What were they doing near this collapsed building? Perhaps the collapse had been recent and they were survivors? Perhaps they were former students who came to pay their respects? Regardless of the situation, Acies hadn't talked to anyone in the last nine days and had spent the clearest of them rowing, his arms were sore, his stomach was aching for food and his mind was struggling to contain itself. After a brief moment of pondering, he headed towards the duo, a forced smile on his lips. He wanted to appear friendly, but his entire body was numbed by his voyage. It was a stroke of luck to encounter people at such an unfortunate time.

27. Characters in this post:
    And there he went again, his body language pointing to something mildly resembling disappointment. Manilla didn't understand why his demeanor suddenly changed, but no matter.

The two walked slowly, their pace slightly uneven with the other.

"Where is Sky again?"

28. Characters in this post:
    Angelo pressed on reminiscing over the times his childhood friend retained her natural feelings. He was oblivious to Manilla's question as it flew over his head. In the silence all you could hear is the board of the bridge creak and tap under his feet and soon the crunching of whatever living grass is left in the ruins of Whiterun. He was facing the ground with his wavy locks falling over his face making it hard to decipher what he was thinking or how he was feeling. In the next few moment of quiet he could hear another pair of footsteps. His head darted up in front of him hoping whomever's footsteps are approaching is non-hostile. Before him was a man in a white outfit with a carrying bag. He appeared to have been traveling, he looked stiff. Angelo didn't get a uncomfortable vibe from him, except for the wide and a bit "too" inviting smile. Tilting his head he started to speak, "Oh. Are we in your way..?"

29. Characters in this post:
    Acies would pause to observe the two, they seemed to be inoffensive... at the moment. Lowering his guard, he would allow himself a sigh of relief and returned to a more normal facial expression. "Not really... I was hoping you could inform me as to what happened here. I was supposed to come to Sorcerer but..." He would look to the rubble, his silver irises piercing through the stone like daggers of despair. "That just doesn't seem like an option anymore." He would turn to the two and give a light nod. "I'm Acies by the way. Acies Vitale."

30. Characters in this post:
    Sorcerers? Angelo hadn't a clue what that was. He had assumed it was the large campus in a total ruin not too far behind Acies. He tilted his torso to get a better view of the place. He understood the battle with Darkness took place in Japan but this area was really holding significance when he thought about it. He sighed with a slight frown. He shook his head and shrug his shoulders. "I'm sorry... But I'm not sure what Sorcerers is... But as for this ruin. My guess is a large battle from the past. That's the only significance I know of this place, so far." Angelo would've felt better explaining all he could, though that would leave many other blank points he'd have to give explanations for as well, leading to a unnecessarily elongated history story/biography. Though, he felt Sky and Storm would know of what he was talking about. They did take place in said battle and he was on his way to them. There went more unsure premonitions. Could he take a stranger to two of the people entrusted with the integrity of Worldwide Magic" He kept to his thoughts on the matter but had to think fast about this. The real challenge was not leaving him in the dark.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Posts 301 to 330 of 665