Login to your account

Thread: What are you thankful for?

What are you thankful for?

Happy Turkey Day, everyone!
    Gobble, gobble!

... alright, so this day isn't all about turkey. Although I do love stuffing my face and passing out cold afterward, I know today is a holiday for a reason. In the spirit of the holiday, I thought I'd ask everyone what they were thankful for. It doesn't have to be an answer we would expect, or an answer we would fully understand. Sometimes it's just nice to take a second and write it out. Even if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, everyone has things they are thankful for.

But please, I do hope you all enjoy your holiday! And to all those crazy enough to go Black Friday shopping, good luck! And to those that have to work retail that day at some crazy hour in the middle of the night - I wish you more luck! (And I feel your pain.)

And I hope you have not a single still moment.

I'm thankful for a whole mess of things. Of course I'm thankful for the usual, my healthy and happy friends and family, the roof over my head and the job I'm lucky enough to have. But I feel as though I really need to pay gratitude to the string of luck that has hit my family as of late - in specific, my mother. The past half a decade hasn't been the best for her and things have finally turned around this year.

But on a less serious note, I'm thankful for Guild Wars 2. Damn. That's a good game. xDD
    Last edited by Schizophrenic; 11-27-2014 at 05:51 PM.

I'm really thankful for my boyfriend, more than he knows. He keeps my head above the water when I start to feel like I'm drowning in every day bullshit. It's not every day you find someone who is willing to listen without walking away, not to mention he supports my art completely. So, thank you for that even if you'll never see this, heh.
    If you were evil, then do evil.
    If you were good, did you regret it?
    Were you successful? Were you clever?
    When you wanted it, did you get it?
    Well, here's your chance, do it again. Do it through me, but it's still you sin.
    I want to taste it, no consequences.
    We'll give each other a second chance.

Even though this is a bit Thanksgiving themed, I feel like being thankful is one of those "all the time" deals. So yeah, I'm thankful for the usual -- parents, family, and friends. I'm also super thankful for my boyfriend. He's one of those no bullshit kind of guys and really knows how to push my buttons but he's also really patient and doesn't ever force me to face things prematurely. I simply adore that he lets me battle my demons at my own pace. He might not be the best rock to lean on but I think he does that because he knows I don't really need the help/support.

Anyway, people aside, I'm also really thankful I'm an American. I love this country and I'm glad I get to call it home. My home state of New York has also done me a load of good as has my alma mater.

So between all those things, this last year of college, although stressful, has been highly educational. I've learned so much these past six months. I've had my ups and I've burned bridges -- but it's all a part of life. And this life, the one I've been living, is something I'm thankful for. I couldn't ask for better opportunities and chances.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

After my dream last night, I'm thankful that dreams are not reality. There are just some things you have to wonder why you dream them up...

Quote Originally Posted by Vastani View Post
    After my dream last night, I'm thankful that dreams are not reality. There are just some things you have to wonder why you dream them up...
    Agree. I like having nice dreams. Reminds me of Rise of the Guardians. You know, where Sandy makes people have happy dreams and Pitch gives people terrible nightmares. >.< I'm thankful Sandy is around to keep the Boogieman out!

- hangouts -

My boyfriend. He's very patient with me which I don't imagine is an easy thing. After everything I've done to him (I'm quite the vindictive bitch), he's still dating me and still loves to call me his. I'm hoping he'll break me of my nasty-ness. It would be nice if I didn't get so pissed at him sometimes. I just wish I could tell him how much he means to me. Like, I do but I feel like I don't at the same time. Words just can't express how much I love the guy. And gifts don't seem to cut it either. One day I'll figure it out.

- hangouts -

Wow, it's nice to look back on 2012 and see what I was thankful for then to keep me in the spirits. And kinda funny... I really was obsessed with that game, haha. Anyway!

Hope everyone is having a nice holiday and getting all fatty over some turkey this year!