Login to your account

Thread: Old Female Characters

Old Female Characters

So, I've been poking around the internet for elderly female characters... strong elderly female characters to be precise, and I don't just mean personality wise. There are characters like Mr Miyagi in Karate Kid, Yoda in Star Wars, Whitebeard in One Piece, Pai Mei in Kill Bill, Shepard Book in Firefly, Gandalf in Lord of the Rings, Barristan Selmy from A Song of Ice and Fire, all respected, all badass and I could go on. The question is, are there any female equivalents? I mean, sure there there a lot of examples of Never Mess with Granny, but there aren't many who are portrayed with as much dignity as the characters I just mentioned. I'm not looking for Betty White with a submachine gun or some powerful ancient witch who solely relies on magic and MacGuffin. I'm looking for those who can rumble with the best of them like Chiyo from Naruto and Big Mama from Metal Gear. Just a picture of an old lady with a sword, or gun, or armour, or bare fists and looks like she can be taken seriously is all.

EDIT

And I did realize from the get go that I was going to be disappointed. Female + young + attractive = mandatory, I get it, but surely I'm not the only one who ever thought about all this. There's got to be at least some art of a senior female samurai, or knight, or hero, or whatever.
    Last edited by enkerzed; 11-15-2012 at 11:56 AM.

It's true, but then again old people have a tendency to be only supporting character. Makes me want to do a 70+ only rp!

But where to find decent character pictures? If I had any skill, I'd draw one myself.

I would try photographs in that case, as they are more numerous than drawings.

I JUST REMEMBERED... Lin Beifong. But yeah, word. We can only hope that things get better with time, eh? And I guess I do tend to rely on pictures too much, so I'll take up your advice on writing a good backstory. Nice bit of wisdom overall.

I could have sworn that I saw such a video somewhere on the site when I first joined... well anyways, that all sounds pretty ultra ghey. You should get a new computer if the one you have keeps crapping out. Then again, I should speak for myself... currently using my dad's laptop, which is ancient, missing several keys and can't run at all without constantly being hooked up to the charger. My own laptop's charger is fried, so I'll have to wait a while for a new one. Getting Skyrim withdrawal symptons over here. It is the suck.

... Damn.

Sorry, I couldn't help it. Had to.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.

Quote Originally Posted by enkerzed View Post
    Lin Beifong
    That was honestly the only character I could think of. There was Sophie in Howl's Moving Castle, but other than those two that's about all I got. *shrug*

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Wait, I lied. I guess there are quite a few:
    http://www.animecharactersdatabase.c...20&otherchar=0

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Just watch Pokemon. I guess it's chucked full of grannies. XD

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369