Login to your account

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OOC : Nonu Maihel Online

The problem with mods are that they're basically the cops of a game. Games are intended for fun. Some see mods (like some see cops) as abusing buzz-killers. Especially the serious ones.
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.

Yeah basically LOL. There's a reason why Rena only wants to IM Aelki rather than Ally too

A Shining Example Sweetsunnyrain's Avatar

...after I disowned my character, I realized that I could've just totally revamped her instead of creating a new character augh sunny you're a dumb

Hahaha, we all have those times Sunny XD

And is it bad that I made Ally (mod-wise) the way I did because I would love to be able to do that in MMOs that I play? XD

Eghads, Duke has a deviantART?!

LOL YOU WOULD LOVE TO SEND RULEBREAKERS TO THE GRAVE?

...Actually that's pretty understandable given some of the communities. Those are the people that I half-based Irena on

Yes, many times I would love to. It's not every little rule that must be followed to a 't' for me, but there are some communities that are so horrendous, that if I could, I would just erase whole zones of people @.@ A new found rage comes from Final Fantasy XIV and the fact that they don't seem to have a character limit on chat messages so gold spammers are going crazy.

I feel you. I've had people (in LoL) tell me to kill myself for accidentally stealing their kill @___@

Yeah... People like that need to grow up... People would /rude in WoW but very rarely say something, but some did. FF14, most people are very polite.

I miss when most people were polite )x
    idk, it seems like the larger a community grows the more likely it is that a bad apple is going to join.

It's statistically always that way. If you consider 10% of people are assholes, the more people join a community, the more likely some of them are to be part of that 10%

And sadly it seems that '10%' tends to be the most vocal >.>

But tis the way of online gaming.

My one source of solace is the fact that of the 10%, 90% of them are probably too scared to say any of that IRL ahaha

Still, the nice people are worth staying for, most of the time anyway.

It's the anonymity that creates it online many times... I was unfortunate to be on a server in WoW that that 10% seemed to be 100% at times, depending on where you were in the game. Those that were actually polite and nice seemed to just remain quiet.

Woo. I'm back. Sorta. At least I have Internet now :3

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Good to hear Xavi :3

Yays for internets!

I will be here and not this weekend. Short but busy shift tomorrow and a family picnic on Sunday. I also have to start hammering out the cosplay again; I've been lazy about that @.@

The thing is that as humans, negative influences stick to us more than positive ones. When someone asks you how your day was and you were hit by a car but got a cute guy/girl's phone number. You'll say; "Bad, i got hit by a car." Because it's the biggest deal. We all see it that way.

I think the degree of 'good and bad' have to play a role at the same time. If I go to work and the girls bully me my whole shift but at the same time I make this epic sale that not only will net me a pretty decent commission, but a little bonus commission from a contest my boss has going it would become a pretty decent day. Yeah, the negative will still play a part in not being an epic day, but a little bullying won't diminish my excitement for the sale.

Hey xavi, a couple of questions. How does the appearance of avatars work in the game? Are they based on what the users look like in real life, or is it customized, or are they all randomly generated? Also, would it be okay to have more than one character? I feel like adopting one.

And since discussing the nature of humanity interests me, here's my two cents. It's all about perspectives, isn't it? Put me in that getting hit by a car the same day I get a cute girl's number situation. One guess on what I'm bragging to my buddies about. On the other hand, if the hit was hard enough to break bones and shit, then of course that's something to worry about, but I think that comparison is pretty crap overall. Here's something to chew on, winning the lottery vs getting mugged at gunpoint by a demented crackhead. On the one hand, some deity of fortune has smiled upon you and granted you a million dollars to do with as you will. On the other hand, some other deity, probably the same one actually, has chosen you to be the target of this boogie man dope fiend who may or may not kill you for the contents of your wallet. A fistful of cash and coins is a small loss compared to one million dollars, but that shit had to be scary, unless you're the kind of person who actually wouldn't be phased by that, and it all comes back to perspectives. Maybe it just registered as a mildly inconvenient moment that you can easily shrug off and go 'oh well, at least I won a million dollars'. Or perhaps it would be a funny story to tell later about the time you won the lottery AND got mugged on the same day (boy, what luck!). Or maybe it was some A grade traumatizing shit that you'll always remember with dread forevermore. Heck, why not both? Suffer the shock then laugh about it later or vice versa. People can change over time after all. Personally, I think getting mugged would be something I'd try to push to the back of my mind and never mention, but probably also never forget. How much would it affect me? I don't know, but hey, a million dollars. That's a bit of money I can find some good use for.

Returning to the matter of game moderators (and I guess they basically are like cops), maybe assholery is the norm and I remember that one person who was actually nice or the other way around. In any case, I'm almost certain it's the exception that'll stand out the most.

I think I may make a second character as well >.> I've fallen in love with the RP personality I've come up with for my character in FF14 but haven't really found anyone in game to RP with yet so I may hash her out here a bit to play around with her and make sure she fits what I was planning for her.

Customized appearances. Think the Sims and you're golden. You can have any look. Obviously the more complicated and unrealistic it gets, the more in-game (or out of game) money was needed. Everyone starts the game with a wide range of options though. It's edits thereafter that start costing money.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Oh and two characters is fine

- hangouts -

Hey! I'm here!
    CHECK IT OUT I'M UNIQUE!

; u ; Xav, would someone being able to summon weaponry fall into the category of mage or warrior or//// //totally not good at this MMO thing

How does this weapon summoning work? I feel like it's one of those lame powers. xD

All characters summon or pull out their weapons when entering battle. Some players will always have their weapons on them. Others will pull them out of storage (similar to a summon) and equipt them for battle.

- hangouts -

Ahhh tru tru
    I dunno or maybe being able to summon spirits? ; v; like a necromancer or a celestial mage?

Summoning spirits would be fine! And pretty shaweet!

- hangouts -

Finally finished X'zimzizi XD

Like another character of mine, I'll probably hash out a larger profile at some point, but tis pretty close to what I had in mind for her seeing as I never had that much in her history XD

xD She sounds very chipper, although I can imagine people having trouble figuring out her user's pronunciation LOL

That's only my guess as to how that name would be pronounced! The server I play on with this character is the 'unofficial RP server' so I wanted a name that went with the race. Even after reading about them, I still have no idea how this would really be said @.@

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    I'll be making a post somewhere in the next day, I hope. Party planning lead to consuming of time and now the party is over and homework's not too bad. ^w^ Sorry about the wait.