He was taken aback by her comment of hidden and potential popularity. There was no way he was going to let the elven user get away with such a comment or even such a bold suggestion. He was the masked superhero of NMO and he was ranked number one of the STAFF charts. Granted, Ally was up there, but surely it was only for looks! Ally was ranked fourth, which did surprise him. Rema, another female staffer of the scout class, came in second and K0d3rTr0n, the eighteen-year old male elementalist, was holding third.

Still, the thought of her growing in popularity caused a scowl to form on his face. Was he really the jealous type? Wasn’t he above that? Well, of course. He was Aelki. He was full of himself and damn cocky about it too. He knew that Ally wouldn’t and couldn’t compete. The female fanbase always outranked the man fanbases. Yeah, the scantily clad clothing would help her but he was strutting around in a vest and tie. Who, in all honesty, could resist that? He was a handsome stud with a mask and facial hair. Women flocked to him like bees flock to fresh flowers.

Caught up on his own popularity, he almost missed the sentimental look that came onto her face. It was times like these when Aelki wished he could just kiss her. And then he remembered that would 1) be gross and 2) be gross. Gross because she was his best friend. He would argue sister but he knew better because if they went with the “sibling” thing, he couldn’t flirt with her. And there was no way in hell he would drop that. Flirting was his thing.

Although… hitting on a pseudo-sister could be fu… no. That was just wrong.

As he watched Ally’s emotions get the best of her, he rested a heavy hand on the lady. “I have no faith in your ability to find him. Moving back to the states was probably the best move, too. NYC is a fine place and most people long to visit there. I’m sure he’ll cross paths with you sooner or later -- either here or in real life.” His eyes looked down at the watch that clung to her wrist. “One look at that and he’ll know it’s you.” Aelki grinned before laughing. “I think Stephenie Meyer's might pick your story up and turn it into a book, if you keep up this whole love-story thing.” Winking, he quickly plugged away to avoid getting slapped. “What, I thought you were a hardcore Jacob fan. I mean, dem abs.”

When she took to his offering in the manner that she did, Aelki puffed up his chest and placed his hands on his hips. Jaw square and tight, he let his baritone voice sound heroic and fine as ever.

“Never fear, my dear, your hero, Aelki, is here.”