Login to your account

Nonu Maihel Online - Closed

Step into the world of Nonu Maihel Online or NMO. It's your escape away from reality. That is until the lines are blurred and virtual reality becomes your only reality. To survive, you must complete the game without depleting your life......

Tags: action, adventure, drama, game, mmorpg, virtual reality

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: Xavirne

Created: 11-12-2012, 12:27 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 31 to 60 of 61

1. Characters in this post:
    New message from ΛEdge to Aelki [STAFF]
    > Reporting a glitch on Duke Donald Faire's billboard. Billboard messages still mark as unread after being read and some side quests still show up after they are cleared. I have made sure these weren't repeat quests before reporting this, it turned out they weren't. On a side note, I heard rumors that the Witch Blader class would be nerfed in the next patch. I would like to confirm / debase that rumor ASAP.

Thank you for your time.

-ΛEdge

2. Characters in this post:
    Jake slammed the door behind him, before locking it with a flick of his thumb and forefinger. His backpack was then thrown across the room and slid to the ground in a small heap against the wall next to his nightstand. His homework was completed on the ride home, and he wasn't expected to come down to dinner tonight. It also probably helped that he didn't have to go to school the next day, making things all the more better.

Once the gear was pulled on, the young man was out to the real world, and sucked into the virtual one. The log-in was quick and easy, and as soon as he hit the submit button, he was no longer Jake Fryn, but instead a mage called Breaking_Creation.

Instead of his dark brown hair covering his eyes, he found the red locks hitting his nose. He brushed them away with an uncanny grace before something in the corner of his eye got his attention. He reached out and touched it, finding it to be a message from one of the staff.

"Ah. Wonderful." he muttered. He could recall the numerous times he had been caught on that ridiculous fence, and had to log out just to get off of it. There were even times when he had to fight from that ridiculous thing, but still end up completely draining his HP.

He pushed away the notification, and then set his IM status to available, with no side-message. When he was done with that, he actually looked up at his surroundings. As he did this, he caught sight of a new face. Sure, there were many new faces about the town, but for as long as the young man had been in the game, he was most taken aback by the odd floating of the woman.

When he shifted his attention to her, he could see a username float above her head. BestSpellCasterNA? He laughed quietly, almost a scoff, and figured that he should go introduce himself.

"Nice username." he said, sauntering up the other after following to the shopkeeper, a cheerful smile on his face. He would have called username arrogant, but he had to be polite to strangers. " I'm Creation. Ya' new to the game?" Breaking_Creation, or just Creation nowadays, looked much like a young girl in his dress, but his voice seemed to sometimes give him away.

3. Characters in this post:
    The interface of NMO was strange in that it blended the idea of your basic MMO (where you were removed from the game) yet it put you in the perspective of that character (similar to a first person shooter). She supposed that the mentally-powered interface was an interesting change of pace for new users since it eased them into the world of online gaming without all of those pesky key bindings, but it was sometimes strange considering that the idea of virtual reality was that they'd be tricked into thinking they were in another world. Here, they made no show of trying to act as though NMO was its own separate world, it was a game through and through that just happened to have a lore quest in place.

Even outside of the interface this was made painfully clear by the shopkeeper's bland greetings that stayed the same no matter how many times Rena visited the store.

"Haven't seen you in a long time lass. What will be your fancy today?"

A menu of various items and upgrades showed up on the screen, allowing Rena to mentally select them and exchange the money quickly.

"This better be worth the gold I paid," she muttered as she equipped the appropriate items.

Clothes were entirely aesthetic in NMO, meaning that one could (if they wanted to) upgrade their outfit or keep the one they entered the game with regardless of their level or actual equipment. If she wanted to, she could probably purchase some sort of Asian outfit and guqin skin for her weapon. She could have brown hair, a long, flowing robe, and-

"Nice username."

Oh right, there were other people in this game.

Irena looked down to see a redheaded...man addressing her, who by the sound of his voice, was rather young.

"Well I would have called myself 'BestSpellcasterOnEarth', but those Koreans are rather serious about their video games. I mean have you seen their Starcraft II tournaments?" she asked with a grin.

She played a jaunty tune her Etwahl before holding out her hand to shake. His voice appeared to be genuine as did his smile, something that was hard to fake in these types of games. For all she knew, he could be a forty year old neckbeard. There were many cases of people who took on another persona once they were online, especially in cases where a heavy amount of customization was available. No one's breasts were this big and perky in real life.

"I s'pose you can call me Rena or just The Best if you want to get formal on me," Rena continued airily as she scrutinized her form.

He was a thin boy, yes boy, that would have likely been taller than her if she hadn't been floating so high. He was a very decorated fellow, his hair adorned by a braided cloth as well as long earrings and a bejeweled necklace. Had she not heard him, he could have easily passed for a flat-chested woman. If his hair was any longer, he could have passed for a prettier version of her real life cousin.

She paused for a moment at her question and shrugged her shoulders, deciding to play it cool since she couldn't gauge his level. For all she knew, he could be a veteran too.

"Yeah I guess you could say that I am. I've played games before, but nothing this interactive I guess? It's really something."

4. Characters in this post:
    W1LDC4RD7 logged in at his normal time, right after studying for exams the next day. He appeared right where he left his level 7 character, the central marketplace. He noticed a few other people around, but wasn't really concerned with them. He didn't know what do do, so he wandered over to one of the shops and looked at the articles there. There was two users talking next to him, but he paid very little attention. He couldn't really afford anything in the shop, so decided to back up and go see who was LFG. He hadn't grouped with anyone yet on this game, and didn't have any friends that played, so he was interested in how it was going to work

He saw a few people who were much higher level then he, so he decided to put up a group himself. He didn't have a quest in mind, but he was willing to do almost anything. Then he waited for any responses.

5. Characters in this post:
    The bright light was a welcome sight to the bi-eyed feline creature as she 'awoke' on the roof she had logged out on the night before. Stretching, her fluffy pink tail curled slightly as a slew of messages popped up onto her display. "Geh!" The girl blurted out, falling onto her backside as she quickly closed out all the messages, not caring too much to read any of them. "They really know how to ruin a good wake up stretch," she mumbled with her arms crossed under her chest. Swiping her hand across her hud once more, she brought up her friend list and what she saw brought a bright and cheery smile to the petite woman's face.

Patting her side, just to reassure herself that her grimoire was where it should be, X'zimzizi took off running across rooftops of the plaza buildings; there was no way he would be trying to hide himself. Her ears twitched slightly, trying to find any hint as to where he may be hiding this time.

Creeping over the edge of one of the buildings, fingers gripping the stone roof, the bright smile only grew upon the tattooed woman. Her grip changed as her leg muscles tightened, launching the woman from her 'hiding' spot on the roof and towards her target.

The smaller form of the tiny woman collided, instantly wrapping around the neck and back of the dark haired, masked male. "Aelki! Oh I missed you!" The pink haired feline-like woman cooed as her head nuzzled the nape of his neck, resting on his shoulder only moments later.

6. Characters in this post:
    His running halted when he heard his name. Aelki whirled around in a manner that a romanic movie would die to capture. As he looked around the area for the voice that called to him, he found himself making eye contact with a good friend. "ΛEdge!"

Backtracking so he was now beside the hacker, Aelki laughed before giving the user a once over. "You've seen better days. Don't tell me you're bored with NMO again!" The mod laughed before leaning into the warrior's ear. "'tis a secret but the bossman has a new game-changing challenge that'll be tied to the upcoming event." With a wink, he leaned back away from the male. "You didn't hear it from me. But, if you would be so kind, please distribute this information across your boards. I'll be sure to throw something in, like usual."

Grin in tow, the masked mod directed his attention across the plaza to his favorite blue-haired lass. Oh, Rena. Wonder what she's up to today. She was a troublemaker but Aelki craved it. He was a bit of a diva. At one point he was referred to as Aeloki with extra emphasis on Loki. To be honest, he was sad that Loki had been given to him. He much preferred the idea of being a Tony rip-off. Still, at least he landed an Avengers character, right?

His attention was immediately directed to his IM box. A smug look appeared on his face. "You just had to ping me, didn't you." Being that devious bastard that he was, the male decided to answer his question via the chat system. Oh how he loved to do that, especially when he was standing right next to the person he was chatting with.

Smirk on his face, he hashed out his response and hit send seconds later.

7. Characters in this post:
    New message from Aelki [STAFF] to ΛEdge
    > One of these days, the bossman will get that code cleared up. For now, open the cheat box with SHIFT + ~. Enter DDFBfix!t. That should correct the issue. Sadly, you'll ahve to input it every time you login. D;

Also, Witch Blader class. It's supposed to come out as part of the Halloween themed event. Witch Blader, Vampyre and Undead are the new themed classes for the event. The marketing campaign for those mods will start next week.

P.S. New weapons will be up for grabs too. Bossman has a new "system" for buying them too. Think candy corn hunt.

Enjoy!

Yours truly,
    Aelki the Awesome

8. Characters in this post:
    Just seconds after sending ΛEdge a message, Aelki found himself blinded by a pair of hands. There was only one woman who would do this. Wait, no. Scratch that. There were a dozen. But only one of them had a laugh and that voice that gave her away.

"Hey, Zizi." With her hands now resting around his neck, he moved his own arms up to hold hers. "How's my favorite kitten doing these days?"

His attention moved to ΛEdge for a second. "ΛEdge, this is X'zimzizi. Zizi, meet ΛEdge." Even if these two were to part as unlikely friends, it was still the polite thing to do -- you know, introduce strangers.

9. Characters in this post:
    Finally, someone around 13lueice's level was looking for a party! Instantly catching drift of that request, the icy-haired male made a bee-line toward W1LDC4RD7.

"Hello," he said faintly. "I see you're looking for a party. Mind if I join. You're," he cut himself off to look at all the high leveled users around them, "one of a few people around here that's under level 15." With a sheepish grin, he pulled his hand through his hair. "The name's Blueice or Dmitri."

He hadn't really gone forward with any missions yet either. He earned all his EXP from wandering in the tall grass, literally. Amazing what the tall grass and summon. Some pretty interesting creatures always popped out of nowhere. Thanks to those mice and bugs, he was a messily level eleven when he should have been closer to 50. Oops, oh well!

"Do you have anywhere in mind? I haven't really left the plaza," a hesitant grin came over his face. "I don't mind weakening something down to the last drop of HP so you can take the kill either. So don't worry about me stealing your kills." Dmitri smiled before extending a hand to shake on their partnership.

10. Characters in this post:
    "Hey there, Dmitri, it's nice to meet you." W1LDC4RD7 said, accepting the others handshake. "I didn't really have anything in mind, lets just go out and fight some mobs shall we?" He said as he headed over to the portal area.

He hadn't explored all that much, so he didn't know many of the areas in the game. He looked through the list then turned to his new companion. "I don't know where to go. Do you know anywhere good? I want to be challenged but not owned. you know what I mean?" He had a major lapse in his thought process and never mentioned any name to be called by. He didn't mean to be rude, he just had a short attention span sometimes

11. Characters in this post:
    New message from ΛEdge to Aelki [STAFF]
    > It's fine, after you gave me the code I made a link to a quick hack which automatically puts in the code. If you want to distribute it to all players, here's a link; http://www.NMO.net/forum/mods/542-889-L3K/?Edge-billboard-fix

If you download this (it's just 3.4 or so kbs) it adds an instant input of the code to NMO's boot up sequence. I also posted the coding for this function in the OP so if you want to add it to an upcoming patch or something that's also an option. I could fix the issue in a more direct manner for you guys but I don't want to hack into NMO's network.

Anyway, consider this returning the favor... thanks for the info on the Witch Blader class by the way. I know I got early access to it since I helped out during the beta phase, but I was afraid the final release would tweak it in any significant manner. I got used to a certain play style, you know how it is, I'm sure.

I'm gonna get back to talking to you IG. We have company you need to introduce me to.

12. Characters in this post:
    Λ couldn't help but show a faint smile at Aelki's greeting. He had to give credit where it's due, as far as fun mods were, Aelki was pretty high up there. Personally, Λ viewed him as both a friend and an information source. The man with the mask always seemed to know how to walk the thin line between giving away information and using Edge for his own purposes. While he was not part of the game as a whole, his white hat brand of hacking and influence on the game's forums was such that Edge could help to a certain degree when it came to spreading information and fixing minor issues.

"Sorry... I'll stop with that from now on." He uttered in regards to the messaging rather than talking. "I'm a little dulled out, but I'm happy to hear the good news. I'll spread it once we're done talking." He let out simply, a light grin appearing on his lips to reveal his excitement. Something new, huh? He'd have to take a peek in the games inside in search of a bit of additional info later.

"You know me, why waste my breath?" He let out with a light amused smile once the mod received his message, when Aelki replied, he would then go idle for a few seconds and work on a little something. Seeing as he already had the cheat code given to him on a silver platter, what he did required very little actual effort and was posted on the gamesite's forum. Easy stuff. He then linked it to Aelki and returned to the game only to note that a stranger had added herself to the conversation.

As Aelki took care of the introductions, he gave a quick glance to the young woman. She seemed like an average player with a neko-esque avatar. Nothing too out of the ordinary, but nothing boring either. He would give her a small nod and acknowledge her with a simple.
    "A pleasure." Before turning back to Aelki.

"Does the boss man still have my e-mail? I haven't been asked to help out in a while now..."
    He inquired, seeing as in the last month he hadn't received so much as an hello on his e-mail from any memberber of the NMO staff. Aelki excluded, but they had just talked. "...I know you guys can handle things on your own but..." He would stretch one arm up and grab his elbow, bending his arm so that his hand would rest between his shoulder blades. "...I kinda liked having access to the staff central." He mused. The key word here being 'liked' as for the past month or so access to that area had been restricted to him. He wasn't actual staff, so it made sense in a way, but he dislike being kept in the dark.

13. Characters in this post:
    "Any place in particular you want to scout out?"

Mouldybeans turned to face the ginger haired lady and replied, "Yeah, Linistit Canyon. You interested?"

"I might be able to get us another party member too."

Apparently she is, Mouldybeans thought. "All right, that's..."

cool, he was about to say until...

"Grr, Narci should be on. That's not like him."

"... a bummer. So, I see that you're a rogue. What do I call ya?"

After the lady introduced herself as 'Rhy' and spoke of her last experience in the canyon, Mouldybeans felt that he could sympathize, if not exactly empathize, with her situation. He had not died in the Canyon yet and was careful not to.

"Well g'day, Rhy. My name's Mouldybeans, just call me Mouldy, and I'm actually doing the same thing at the moment. No luck here either so far, but I'm hoping this time will be different."

"If you're up for it, I say we give it a go."

Mouldybeans cocked an eyebrow at this. "What, just the two of us?"

14. Characters in this post:
    To those watching Allyssandra at that point, they would have been greeted by multiple player displays, to the point that it looked as though there was no way that she could be monitoring all of them. The priest was watching chat logs, lord not all of them for that would be out of the question, rather, there are key words in the game's database that will flag a chat to bring to a staff member's attention; the several screens that were before the woman were said flagged conversations. There was one conversation among them that brought a dark scowl across her face and close the chat windows before her, her glowing green orbs met the reality of the game once again.

There was a small group of players forming in different areas of and the sudden movement that came from the previous statue-like woman probably came as a shock to them; not to mention that she had the reputation of being a fun killer because Aleki tended to not do the 'dirty' work of the staff and usually either turned a blind eye or left it up to the 'meek priest' to handle.

Walking with meaning Allyssandra walked by other players and NPCs through the depths of the busy, main city until she found her targets. "Aleki," she grumbled under her voice as soon as her eyes landed on the dark haired male. The staff she used hit the back of her legs as she briskly finished her walk through the crowd. "Good morning gentlemen, and lady," she said, her voice holding all the accusation it needed while she was in her moderating mode. Flicking her hand before her, a screen opened up that drew the woman's gaze for only a moment.

"I hope you gentlemen are aware that discussing such matters in game or a part of any company owned site is in violation of the terms of usage that you agreed to when you signed up for this game." Her slender fingers flicked the screen upwards as her eyes quickly scanned over the conversations. Her glowing orbs snapped from the translucent screen too look at the bi-eyed male before her. "Lambda Edge, might I recommend you cease you activities in which you are constantly delving into the games core information. Your constant prodding has kept you on watch for many months now and perhaps not in the ways in which you are hoping. Such actions shall quickly warrant you an account suspension, though if it were up to me, you IP would be banned. Not to mention that your go-to in the company will risk losing his job should you proceed with your 'hacking' questions much more than this.

"We do understand that you wish to help the game and for that the company in grateful, however your means to gain information that the general public are no privy to is something that has upset the company greatly. Discover your issues and exploits on your own and report them to the staff via the forum boards or open a ticket as players are supposed to do. If you truly wish to have access to company information perhaps you should put in a job application rather than putting Aleki's job on the line." Her gaze towards the male was cold and hard as the screen before her closed. Once it was gone, Allyssandra's gaze turned to the other male in question.

"And Aleki, perhaps our conversation should be continued in a place where we are less likely to have players eavesdropping." Her eyes fell upon the male she had just scolded and then slid to the feline woman that seemed to be trying to disappear behind the staff member.

X'zimzizi wasn't fond of this guy's cold and 'holy than thou' attitude that just left her sitting awkwardly in the middle of a conversation that made little to no sense to her. Her head was beginning to throb as she had been trying to follow what was happening to no avail when her saving grace, the 'scariest' of staff members appeared and quickly went on the attack. The cat-like woman disliked such sort of verbal attacks more than she disliked not being able to follow a conversation, and with such feelings, she quickly found herself ducking behind Aleki's shoulders and head, not wishing to 'abandon her friend in his time of need', or at least that's how she saw it.

Her ears were pinned to the back of her head, trying to block out as much of the conversation as she could. Though it seemed like as soon as she was successful at that, the chatter around her seemed to stop. Remaining unmoving for several seconds, X'zimzizi's ears slowly began relaxing as she peaked over Aleki's shoulder; that was when attention was drawn to her as the mod before her was trying to take away the dark haired beau she currently clung to. Being one to take a hint, the pink haired woman shot Edge a look, pulling one lower eyelid down, she stuck her tongue out at him saying, "Just enjoy the game dude, seriously." With her message conveyed, she used the mod's back as a jumping board, though he probably didn't really notice too much, as she returned to her hiding area amongst the building roofs.

Once she was a few buildings away, the arcansit slowed down as she tried to find something else to keep her busy. She wasn't really in the mood to level by herself, or really level at all, but she also didn't want to sit in the city and craft anything for that was far too boring. Not too far away, she heard a couple of guys talking about wanting to level, though one seemed worried about them being killed. X'zimzizi leapt to a lower canopy near where the two were talking, they were a couple of players that she didn't recognize so it probably would have been better to not treat them as she treated Aleki.

That thought, though it came to mind, it didn't really register with any part of the woman's brain that would keep her from acting in such a manner. Rather, the woman was quickly air-bound once again as she landed on the shorter, brunette haired male (wild). "Have no fear, X'zimzizi shall protect you!" She announced rather happily, thrusting one arm in the air as the other wrapped around the male's shoulders to keep herself from falling to the ground.

Once one of the parties had vanished, namely the one latched to the male that Ally wished to talk to, her eyes returned to her co-worker. "Aleki?" She asked as she turned and began walking away, pausing only for a moment. "I trust that you will talk to me on this issue so that I won't have to escalate this further." She then continued walking away from the two male's and down the path that would lead out of the town.

15. Characters in this post:
    Rhy liked this guy. He was easy to talk to and pretty straightforward. So going out as a pair wasn't the best plan, but she was sick of waiting around for people. As her eyes skimmed over the others in the area, she didn't see anyone worthwhile. The levels just weren't catching her eyes.

"My friend, Narc, should be online soon. He's a defender so we should be fine. By the time we tely over to the canyon, he might log on. If not, we can just scout the area for a good kill and wait for him. He's level 31, by the way. So we should be plenty safe with him around."

Rhy saw no point in waiting around much longer. The more time they stalled here, the less time they would get in for leveling. Sending Mouldybeans an invite to warp, she smirked at him as she waited for him to accept. If he accepted, they would appear in the canyon and they could begin their hunting. It would be highly entertaining, especially since Rhy hated partnering up with anyone other than Narci.

16. Characters in this post:
    "Hmmm," Dmitri looked at the list of locations. That list, at least for him, was pretty limited since he hadn't explored much. "How about Kaire Palace?" He had heard people talk about how it was a good place to start and figured it might be fun to check out. Besides, Little Tokyo, he didn't see anywhere else they could travel. "Or do you want to check out Little Tokyo. According to the MAPS, the Palace is a main mission location. Tokyo is a leveling area."

Trying to recall all the conversations he overheard, he cringed at the idea of going to Little Tokyo. "Let's skip Tokyo. I overheard someone mention that if there are any high levelers in the area that all the monsters will be close to that user's level. I enjoy living."

With a shoulder shrug, 13lueice pivoted on his heels and faced the direction of Kaire Palace. "Since we can't teleport yet, we get stuck walking there. But that's a good thing since we'll run into monsters on the trek to the palace." With a lighthearted laugh, he looked over at W1LDC4RD7. "Sorry I'm pretty useless. I haven't really explored much." Biting his lip, he continued, "I just never saw any point in running through the game alone. I've just had a hard time finding someone to play with." With a head bob, he cocked his head to the side to grin. "You'll be my first official in-game friend."

I have no idea who X'zimzizi is referring to so if she's a part of this pair, just have her jump in and comment on Dmitri's advice.

17. Characters in this post:
    "My job's on the line?" Aelki blinked a few times before cracking a smile at the beautiful woman that sauntered up to the little group. This mod really was a fun ruiner. She tended to steal his thunder and often caused the people he wanted to hangout with to scurry away. Woe is the life of a mod. Still, she did have some right to be concerned but it was a misplaced concern. "Babe, I don't mind having people hear. You know I would marry you any day. Let the world know of our love and it will make things so much easier!" A rose magically appeared in his mouth and those sleek eyebrows of his wiggled with charm.

He should have known by now that his antics would upset his pink-haired lass but Aelki was a man of charm and cheese. He didn't realize what he was doing until long after it happened. And he honestly didn't mean any harm by it. Most of the women (and men) in the game knew this. He was a kidder and a flirt. Would anyone honestly get upset if he flirted them up? No, probably not. He was sexy and he knew it.

Aelki exhaled before give Ally a serious look. Sometimes he wondered why she was so uptight. And then he remembered she was trying to keep the game safe, especially for the man she so desperately wanted to find. It was cute but it was also a bit exhausting. She likes to cockblock everyone and everything. Hell, she probably banned her boyfriend! Well, maybe not. From the way she spoke about him, he seemed sincere and sweet and by all means, not a rule breaker.

Speaking of rules...

"Seriously, you need to worry less, darling. Remember, I'm the PR guy too. It's kind of my job to stir up mayhem and rumors. It helps sell the game. And we all know we need to do that or else we would be jobless and you will never find your boyfriend."

With a wink, he focused his attention on the feline that decided to bound off on her own. "Curse you, Ally. You scared my girlfriend off." Now that the two of them were pretty much alone, he gave the mod his full attention. "So what is it you really want to talk about, Ally?"

18. Characters in this post:
    Wild looked back at the whited haired player and said, "That's cool, Let's go to Kaire Palace. I've wanted to do the main quest for a while now."

When Dmitri mentioned his feebleness, he just waved it off, "That's no problem." he said reassuringly, "We'll help each other and watch each other's back."

Wild laughed when Dmitri said he'd be his "first official in game friend". "Yeah, same here. None of my friends have gotten the game yet and I haven't talked to anyone on- whaaaaaa!"

He was interrupted by a woman jumping on his back and nearly making him fall backwards with a yell.

19. Characters in this post:
    Mouldybeans didn't like the idea of going into the canyon with only a rogue and a chance of her friend logging on, but decided to go along with it anyway. Should the worst happen, Mouldybeans knew that he had the skill and agility to escape a bad situation, and it was safe to assume that Rhy would as well, being a rogue.

"All right, if you say so," Mouldybeans said as he accepted the invite and warped into the canyon.

20. Characters in this post:
    X'zimzizi stuck out her lower lip in a pout, yet still did not remove herself from the male's back. "Awww, I'm not that heavy," she complained as she pulled her legs up higher on the male's sides. "He knows how to play these games," she then said proudly as she pointed at the blonde haired male. "So X'zimzizi shall come along to keep you two company and to make sure you don't die."

A sweet smile played her lips as she cocked her head to one side, her ears cocking to the side slightly as her head moved. After a few moments of silence, the short feline finally hopped off the male's back, walking backwards to stand before the two taller males. "Have you two been Kaire Palace yet? It truly is a nice place to level, very beautiful place to." She nodded, her head tilted back to allow her face to be bathed in the warmth of the sun. After a couple more moments of silence, the pink haired girl looked back to the males, waving an arm towards them. "Well come now, we don't want others to take all the mobs do we?"

It mattered not that the arcanist was so much higher a level than these two players. X'zimzizi wasn't the type to actually need to progress in game to have fun; she was the type that enjoyed the RP and social aspect of the game so much more. It had probably been a few solid weeks since she had actually gone after a mob her level to level or gain any experience; she had been hanging out in cities or joining random parties much as she was now, usually inviting herself of course.

21. Characters in this post:
    Ally was used to Aleki's rebuttals to when she would come and step in on his conversations. Granted, his job being on the line was really being honest, but the information he provided to people, he could easily lose his title. Moving one arm from blocking her exposed mid section, the elven woman pushed her hair back over her shoulder and onto her back.

When he mentioned his job on the PR team, her pace abruptly stopped, only a mere feet away from where the group was gathered. "Yes, that may be true. But we do not wish for poor information to be circulating as well. For a company to hold the reputation of an employee that is rather loose lipped on matters, well, it tends to be frowned upon." Ally was passionate about the game, even if she wasn't very good at showing it. She had a blast playing but truly did was a happy and safe environment and the recent increase in harassment tickets were starting to get to her. The one guy she was looking for was usually a target for such people so she had made it her personal goal to be unusually harsh to these people.

Once the two of them managed to separate themselves from the other two, the woman sighed, mostly at his last comment. Aleki was right when it came to Ally's search for Dmitri and so far she had been far from successful in her search; even watch new player profiles, nothing had flagged a single soul that it would have been him. Being pulled back into reality by a more serious mod, the woman focused her green orbs on the male as she leaned against the wall of one of the buildings, her body facing the bright sunlight causing her pale skin to seem to glow. "You've noticed, haven't you?" She asked before adding, "I believe you had to cover a few of the issues before. We're starting to have more issues than before, not with just members, but in game. I was wondering what your oh-so imaginative mind has come up with for the reasoning of that."

(last new color, I promise >.>)

22. Characters in this post:
    Λ's eyes quickly flickered to Allyssandra as she made her appearance, it was always entertaining in its odd way to encounter the woman. She was interesting, not just for her value as a staff member but also due to her overall personality. On top of that, she presented the only true obstacle to his habits within the game. He wasn't doing any harm and had actually been doing some deal of good, so as mentioned earlier most mods either had him on their good side or considered him as being on a gray list at worst. Allyssandra was the exception to the rule, the only one who appeared to have strong feelings about him being an overall nuisance. "Good morning, Allyssandra." He dully replied as she appeared before them, awaiting whatever form of reprimand she had to distribute. Perhaps people would be more keen on respecting her rather than despising her if she had other things to discuss, but whenever she struck up a conversation with a non-staff member it always led to some form of reprimand or warning of such. He'd give her the advice if she cared to listen, but past altercations indicated otherwise.

"I've got you to notice me, haven't I?" He uttered with a shrug when she said he wasn't getting the kind of attention he seemed to be desiring. Though he couldn't really blame her for thinking that, his motives were always a little obscure, even to himself at times. He would then listen on until she finally finished her dull text which - in all likeness - had been read blatantly off of paper or, in this case, box. "Noted, thank you for your time." He simply uttered, unwilling to waste time arguing with her.

With that, he would turn to Aelki and give him a light pat on the shoulder as he realized his attention would soon be slipping out of his fingers as he had to deal with more important matters. "I apologize if I've jeopardized your employment. I'll leave you to your lover's quarrel. Let me know what I can and can't ask from you once you're free alright? I've always got the message board open somewhere." He uttered before turning around and leaving off in a random direction, paying little attention to X'zimzizi's unamusing counsel.

It was a bit of a misfortune, but he would have to fiddle around... again. He grew tired of black hatting as it brought more negative than positive attention and he had no real purpose for it, but he needed to secure his connection to the game to avoid being locked out by the mods. His IP he could easily change, his account he could transfer, his characters he could recreate but there was a difference between walking the fine line and jumping off the ledge. Just because bullets don't kill you doesn't mean you enjoy staring down the barrel of a gun, after all.

With that, he'd continue wandering off, putting his index against his left ear lobe.

((Could you go a little darker for Allyssandra's color? It's killer on my eyes. :P))

23. Characters in this post:
    New message from ΛEdge to NMO_Everyone [functionμ = exclude STAFF]
    > There will be a game-changing challenge tied in with the upcoming event. I'll keep you posted as details arise.

Thank you for your time.

-ΛEdge

24. Characters in this post:
    Character's came from the Plaza.

The pair soon appeared in the canyon in all their glory and before Rhy could even suggest moving in for an attack, she saw a notification pop up out of the corner of her eyes. “I told you he was good.” In less than a minute, another person spawned in the area. This one, much like Rhy, was dressed in attire that suited the role. This player wore a suit of arm and had what looked like six katanas strapped to his hips. An eyepatch veiled one eye and the other looked a bit crazed.

Rhymal placed a hand on her hip while gliding the other one back toward Moudlybeans. “Narci, meet Moudlybeans. Mouldybeans, meet iNarcissistic.” Grin on her face, the ginger turned her head toward the canyon that crawled with creatures of untold power and strength. A scream echoed from the walls of the canyon, indicating that some poor sap fell victim to the monsters of the abyss-like area.

Tugging at a pistol, her eyes were fixed straight ahead. She enjoyed his scene too much. Dashing in like the heroine straight out of an action film, she was the Indiana Jones of NMO.

The defender, who now stood behind Moudlybeans, shook his head before taking a few steps after his counterpart. “Forgive her. She’s an imbecile. She never thinks. She just does.” Eyeballing the scout, the patched-player nodded that he could run ahead and do his bow and arrow thing.

Narci, although a defender by choice, was easily able to hold his own. It made sense too; he did have six weapons. Granted, six weapons made for one hell of a block. What was even more impressive was the fact that he could wield all six at one time and slash his way out of danger. He rarely had to flee. He was just one of those OPed (overpowered) guys. Well, at least he came across that way, but he did plan his character to be strong in a unique way. It probably helped that he was ten levels higher than the average person doing most missions. He purposely trained so he would always have a 10-level advantage over others. Why? Well, it was a hell of a way to earn in-game coin. Most people would charge in recklessly (much like Rhy) and find themselves in a world of trouble. Narci would then appear out of nowhere and “rescue” via shielding the poor fools. They would be so thankful for his defending that most would dump coin on him. It was an easy life to live. Narci literally got paid to save ass, and boy oh boy did he like that. *It only inflated his already cocky attitude.

Following the pair toward the mouth of the canyon, he unsheathed just one of the six swords. “Scout, since you’re the leader, you call the shots.” *Rhymal smirked and charged ahead on her own. It was expected though; she was a rogue through and through. Rolling his eyes, Narci looked to Mouldybeans. “I’m more than capable of handling two of you,” he said in a haughty voice, which only played into that username he so proudly showed off.

25. Characters in this post:
    This lady was pretty excitable and it made Dmitri smile in relief. It was nice to have a person who knew the area join them. And she was a pretty character, reminding him of his cat, Mitzy.

With a light laugh, he spoke to her. “We would love to have you join us. I've never been anywhere other than here so any help is appreciated.”

His humble nature was enhanced by that sincere voice of his. He was so polite and so kind it was almost hard to imagine him as a man in real life. And yet, on the other side of the up-link there lied a very handsome beau. It probably helped that Dmitri was raised in an area with so few people. He was also grounded in tradition. “Do unto others as you want other to do unto you,” was a rule he grew up with. He was given a bar of soap when he spoke ill and he was belted whenever he was out of line. The pale blonde was raised to be the perfect gentleman. Had things gone as planned, he would have been wed by now. But sometimes the world splits you from the one you’re destined to be with and you must figure out a way to reunite.

“Is it okay if we walk there?” He couldn't help but notice her level, which meant she could easily teleport (warp) from one location to another. “I want to ‘discover’ this place on my map so I can visit whenever I want. Not sure I’ll be hitting level 25 just yet,” he said with a lighthearted laugh.

It was going to be a fun day! He could just tell. And somewhere, deep in the back of his mind, he felt that this was just the right thing to do, like it would somehow help him get closer to the woman he loved. He wasn't sure how but having another person on his side as a new friend might just help introduce him to his long-lost friend.

26. Characters in this post:
    She was right. There were issues with the game and there was talk about demoting Aelki. One of the reasons they didn't was because he was one of a few that could actually remove the spammers and he was an iconic figure in the game. His character was so popular that they now sold Aelki plush toys at the NMO online store for people to purchase. There were even Aelki keychains and shirts. His fanbase was growing so much so that people even cosplayed as him. Pulling him from the game would surely destroy the NMO fanbase. He was, essentially, the Loki Stark (a Tony Loki Stark combination due to obvious reasons) of the game. He had the best moves, the best lines and the largest fan base. The fanbase went even so far as to demand a movie about him. A petition circled the web and had over 17,000 signers. The newest expansion pack (not yet released) even started Aelki on the front cover. But it made sense. The expansion was called, “Heroes Collide,” which would unlock three new worlds, two huge villains, and a ton of fun costumes and weapons.

A smirk tugged at his face. “If I take my role more seriously, will you calm down a bit. I would hate to see you scare off potentials. You never know, maybe Edge’s best friend is your Dmitri and you don’t want Edge telling him not to join because of the anti-fun mod.”

Placing a hand on his shoulder, the male rubbed his forehead against hers. “Lighten up doll and have fun. We’ll find your Dmitri. We’ll keep the game safe. And we’ll work on fixing those bugs. I’ve been given a strip of code to work on after I get off my in-game shift. The bossman wants me to weave some codes between the code. He’s hoping that’ll block some of the spammers. I’ve also been given a few of the glitches. I could actually use your help on one of those, but we can discuss that tonight.” His eyes lit up. “Speaking of tonight, I’m in your neighborhood, as you know. We should grab lunch. I would love to see what you look like outside of this fantasy realm.”

27. Characters in this post:
    Aelki's initial response made Ally chuckle a bit, though the forced sound was clear as day. "Maybe I would relax a bit, but if that happened, you never know, I may become more popular than you," she said as she watched as players began grouping together to head out and begin adventuring. The white haired woman knew the truth, even when she was calm, granted she truly did attract more people that way, but they tended to not stick around. She was far too much a tomboy, against her parent's wishes of course, for most people to stick around for too long. That's what made leaving the U.S. so hard; she had one lifelong friend, a boy whom she cherished and cherished her, he never ran away even when she was the one taking the blows when the poor pale haired boy was being bullied by kids from their school. That's why Ally was made, to show people that the girl beyond the game did have a good heart and could be nice, though it seemed like she was still failing at proving anything with users being terrified of her.

Shaking her head at the dark haired male's comment she said without thinking, "Dmitri would never be caught with someone like that. Someone like that would only spell bad news for the guy." It was clear from the look in her eyes that the woman wasn't really in touch with the game at that point, but with memories of her past.

If it wasn't for the fact that the moody woman already had another man on her mind (not to mention her reputation), some would have mistaken the two mods for having a much more intimate relationship rather than one that seemed to sit on more of a 'best friend but the guy is really pushing for something more' sort of relationship. Aelki really did seem to fill the older brother role that the girl could have benefitted from as a child, that was probably why she didn't like seeing him drifting off and getting into trouble. And in a similar manner, he practically knew the woman like an open book, which made things much easier for Ally as at least she had someone on her side.

Taking a slow breath, Ally knew that she could trust that everything would be fine. There may be hiccups every now and then, but in the end the game would be patched up again. Just because it wasn't perfect right away didn't mean it was the end of the world. A pleasant smile came to her face at Aelki's suggestion and slipping into her own roleplay-persona; bowing to the male her voice was clearly softer, an obvious distinction between the woman's rule and in-game personalities. "I may be able to arrange such a thing for a price," she said, a sly tone in her voice as the woman stood to her full height once again. "However to even consider such a thing, I am in need of a strong warrior to aid me in killing a horrible beast that has been protecting a marvelous relic in Sam'vere Falls, or so legend goes."

As she spoke, the woman lifted a hand for a holographic image of a grotesque six-legged beast with three reptilian heads and five tails appeared. Being a healer, Ally could not fight the beast alone, but even a skilled warrior around the same level of the beast should stand a chance with said healer. To those that actually got to know the woman, they would know that she loved to hunt down the little treasures of the game. Even though she was a mod that could summon any in-game item, she would still go out of her way to try and collect them on her own; it was her guilty pleasure, not to mention dragging Aelki along when she couldn't do it alone.

((There you go Alex!))

28. Characters in this post:
    "Sorry, hun," Wild said "I never meant to make you seem heavy, I just wasn't expecting it. It's very nice to meet you. I'd be happy for you to come along too."
    Wild began walking towards the palace, "So I guess we should talk about ourselves a bit."

"I'm a seventeen year old who just got the game for my birthday. I've been playing for like three weeks or so, on and off. I like chess and video games and hate Chinese food and diet soda."

29. Characters in this post:
    X'zimzizi scrunched up her nose and chuckled at the male's response to her 'hurt' comment before turning her attention to the pale blonde. "I've been alllll over," she smiled, throwing her arms out to either side. "X'zimzizi won't lead you astray, don't you worry about a thing!" In reality, the feline was much more likely to get them very lost; granted, she could read and understand the maps, but that didn't mean she followed them very well.

The pink haired girl nodded her head about the walking comment. "It's much more pleasant that way and the walk is truly amazing. Besides, one can't expect to become super strong if you're always porting from place to place!" Folding her hands behind her head, she ruffled her spiked locks before her arms swung down to her side in an exaggerated manner.

Just as X'zimzizi was about to respond to the notion of getting to know one another, she noticed a rather irritation blinking light in the corner of her hud. Lifting her hand to touch it, a window opened a chat screen with a message from the male she had been introduced to not long ago. Hmmm, she pondered as she was about to forward the message along to the only guy (at least until these two) that would put up with her existence for more than a few seconds.

Her group was moving on however, a silence beginning to befall them which stopped that action. The short woman jogged to catch up and get ahead of the males a little bit before she stopped, pulling out a heavy tome and a feather quill. She quickly began drawing figures in the book that seemed like alchemy circles as a strange light started dancing around her, four glowing orbs twirling about her figure as well. After a few seconds, five to be exact, she threw her hand holding the quill forward and the air and space above it seemed to form a portal, a moment later a blue fox-looking creature with rabbit length ears and three tails popped out.

Putting her book back on her hip, her quill just seeming to disappear, X'zimzizi smiled at the Emerald Carbuncle for a moment before catching up to the pace with her traveling companions. "X'zimzizi has been here since release," she said with a smile. "Umm, let's see, I'm twenty-one years old, I guess is how you humans would say it? Food wise, I guess fruits and fish are always safe foods!" The female was very much in character, something she held onto tightly within the game, though there was probably very little difference between hyper feline and hyper woman on the other end of the game.

30. Characters in this post:
    Dmitri couldn't help but laugh at Wild. He was amazing. Seriously, this guy was so upfront and friendly. It was hard to imagine finding a better first friend. X was just as entertaining too. She was really in her character too. She played the role so perfectly, like she was from a foreign world and had some issues really saying plain English. It was going to make for a fun time.

It was then when 13lueice realized it was his turn to talk. "Nice to meet you both. I'm Dmitri, 13, Blue, or Ice, whichever you prefer. I'm a twenty-six year old free-lance artist. I've had the game for a few months and originally joined it to do art commissions. It's pretty much how I spend my time on here. I memorize characters and then I draw them when I wake up." He paused for a second to think about what the others had said. "Yeah, Chinese food is weird, at least the American-Chinese food. And fish? You should come to Alaska, we have a lot of those."

As they continued down the path, he couldn't help but adore X's creations. They were so cute. He needed to know more. "So, Ka-zim-zi-zi… can I call you Zimz or Zimzy?" Those pale eyes of his of his drifted to the cat-like woman. "I know I'll continue to butcher your name so it would be much easier to just get a nickname out there." Looking from the brunette to the pink-haired woman, he cocked a brow. "Okay, next question. How did you pick your handles? X-zim-zee-zee isn't something you see everyday. And Wild, is your's based off Uno?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 31 to 60 of 61