Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Somewhere To Rest Your Head

Imma go with...
    Vasty-pie or Dukey-pookie
    <.< Maybe I'll just stick with Wifey B|

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Though, I'm not gonna lie, those two names did make me laugh XD

You should leave website nicknames to me. I'm the bestest at making them up. #truefact

OH, and Hawkeye is not a fan of them. T_T He dun like "Sir Poops-a-lot" or "Hawkderp" I cannot figure out why. D:

- hangouts -

LMAO! That's too precious XD

True fact!

- hangouts -

That just encourages me using that so much more XD

Hawkeye shared it with me. He's a goober when it comes to stuff like that. :3

- hangouts -

I finally got my boyfriend to play Civ 5.

He has not left the computer since coming back from work...

I don't know how I feel about this. Haha.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

THIS WAS TO AWESOME TO KEEP TO THE THINGS THAT ARE AWESOME THREAD!

@jing: that reminds me of this image I saw on a friend's Facebook that made me laugh.

http://thefunnyplanet.com/pictures/9777.jpg

Phone won't let me paste the URL to just post it as an image...

Yes! Look at me guys! I'm a regular ol' member now!!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Vastani View Post
    @jing: that reminds me of this image I saw on a friend's Facebook that made me laugh.

http://thefunnyplanet.com/pictures/9777.jpg

Phone won't let me paste the URL to just post it as an image...

Ugh, that is stupid and sexist and so fucking tiresome. Bloody hate "get me a sandwich" bullshit. It never was funny and never will be.

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schizophrenic View Post
    Yes! Look at me guys! I'm a regular ol' member now!!
    Grats welcome to the ranks of no longer having to give a fuck.

-burps-

Oh, sweet sweet freedom. I been holdin' that in for months.

It kinda sucked at first because you miss your tools and you go to do shit and you can't. QQ's but you get past it.

FREEDOM DAY GAVE FREEDOM TO SCHIZ AND THAT IS WHAT MATTERS.

Meh, I just find the sexism that men seem to hold so dear to be humorous, but that's just me.

Welcome back to normal-hood Schiz XD

Kind of sad that you're content to let them treat you like that, and laugh along side them. Doesn't make you equal just because you laugh too. I don't let the guys I play with talk like that, my brother and friend get it the worst, those boys know better than to mistreat the girls they play games with. I make sure they know how much of a douch-bag jokes like that make them, and more importantly the broader effect of those jokes.

I think it's important not to engage in behavior I am against. I know it can be funny, don't get me wrong I've heard some pretty funny and extremely sexist jokes. If I can avoid making them myself and find humor elsewhere I try . . . sandwich thing is a bit of an annoyance for me, it happened so often gaming that I just want to take that sandwich and shove it up the ass of the dink who made the joke (good old CoD memories, put a few fella's in their place!)

SRSCOVERSATION ASIDE! >D

Speaking of sandwich jokes makes me think of the role reversal video collage humor did. Basically it's a video of females behaving the way you sometimes find males behaving on Xbox, except it's one guy verses an entire team of girls. I posted it to the "Things That Are Awesome" thread (I believe) just about peed myself.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Also happy freedom day AMERICANS!
    Last edited by Strude; 07-05-2013 at 01:19 AM.

I gave up on wearing clothes. Because it is indeed America Day. And I'm hot.

Free titties are the best titties!

Ah, what a nice little quiet night tonight. (:

Goodnight everyone. <3

[Muffles Rap Music In The Background]

UGH! NEW EPISODE OF TEEN WOLF ISN'T UP YET. UGH. NEED TO DL AND WATCH NOW. TUMBLR IS EXPLODING WITH GIFS.

[Farts]

[Quality Whining]

No one really cares, but fuck it I found something that explains me! >D

I wish to share with you all a wondrous story of Duke's (or Vastani) grace.

So, I like to come off more poised and held with confidence than anything. I like to have fun and joke around with people as well, which partly shows my klutzy nature. Those closest to me and those that live with me really know just how much of a klutz I really am. The story I'm about to share comes in two parts, so let's being, shall we?

I was one of the closers last night at work, myself and the lab manager. It was around 8:15 or so when a group of hooligans came in and started causing trouble. My lab manager hid in the bathroom and I grabbed a faithful screwdriver (one we use to fix glasses) to chase them off. I jumped up on one of the tables and with my screwdriver thrust out at them said, "Now you see here you hooligans! We will not be taking any of your kind here so leave now before I call security!" They didn't like that too much, you see, and pushed me from my spot on the table. As I fell my grip loosened on the screwdriver and one of the hooligans took it from me. Fear not however, I grabbed one from behind the table I now stood behind and a battle of epic proportions ensued! They slashed my arm and took off, clearly finding that they were no match for me and my skills with weapon in hand.

Most epic story, right? Well that's the story my gm will be getting it he notices the band aid on my arm today at work because the real story makes me sound like an idiot.

I was repairing a pair of glasses and needed to clean them so I was taking the screw out. This screw had a nut on it which meant I needed 3 hands to take it apart. I propped up a screwdriver in the vice to hold the screw in place while I held the glasses and used another tool to free the nut. While doing this I began to wonder if perhaps there was a reason that the nut was there seeing as the lenses were made of glass. I took the glasses and the nut tool to ask my lab manager, leaving the screwdriver point straight up in the vice. Upon finishing the glasses and returning them to their owner, I took care of a few more things up from before deciding I should clean the repair table before the night was through. Standing to one side, I reached across the table and right over the screwdriver that sliced my forearm open. See, makes me sound dumb, right?

It wasn't the worst wound I've hand. Sucker it about three to four inches long and it's decently deep, but not enough for stitches. Bandaged it up last night and it healed quite a bit over night. It was one of those instances that myself and my lab manager laughed about because if we filled out accident report forms every time that one of us got hurt that's all we would be doing seeing as our staff seems to be very good at accidentally stabbing themselves with screwdrivers during repair.

I've never hurt myself nearly as much in my job cooking pizza as I have making glasses. Well, now that I've typed a novel, perhaps I should stop >.>

Woooooooosh~!!

I'm here.

because gender discrimination is real.

personally, i really like the ads. i think it speaks volumes about the way people, around the world perceive women. and, other than that, it's very elegant in design.

TUMBLR.

Legendary Adventurer NomDePlume's Avatar
    Oh yeah. Discrimination against women.
    It still exists.

For instance:
    "The Case Against Female Self Esteem"
    The writer COULD have written something a bit more interesting, but all his valid points are masked by painful chauvinistic tropes. What worries me the most are that his commenters agree with him and attack any intelligent females that post on there (all the females that attack un-intelligently get 'censored' in a rude fashion). It is just forwarding that discrimination even harder. I loathe how even a few women agree to it as well.

Also a forewarning: there is some crass language in there. There isn't anything abundantly sexual, but it is a topic about discriminating against women- there will be a bit.

That blog post was infuriating, as well as those comments at the bottom... I just, I really don't know what to say to that. After reading it, it makes jing's pictures all the more frustrating as well. I've never considered myself a feminist, but when people just start attacking like that, any self-respecting person (that doesn't share that view point) would get mad at that!

Eghads, Duke has a deviantART?!

I can't tell if the author is being sarcastic or, well, not. : /

The post is revolting, at best. The comments... well, I've learned to not read comments.

In regards to feminism... the general principle of the movement is equality for all. Of course, the common image of feminism is usually associated with the overly radical feminist, which turns a lot of people off from the movement. In principle, feminism is not dissimilar from egalitarian. Of course, the practice of feminism is, perhaps, different from its fundamentals. Essentially, what I'm trying to say is: you don't have to be an ardent supporter of women's right to be a feminist or, at the very least, pro-feminism.

Theoretically, of course.

TUMBLR.

Base on the comments, I started to think he was being serious. One in particular said something about that guy being able to piss off all the right people, but that could be done in jest as well.

That definition truly is much more favorable than the way feminism is looked at these days.

Eghads, Duke has a deviantART?!

Well, credit where credit's due, the guy legitimately does not give a damn. Did anyone see his twitter feed? Damn troll really knows how to get fed. Those comments for the article should be taken with a hefty pile of salt btw, most of them have been edited by the author.

Anyways, HI NOM! Long time no see, what's up?