Login to your account

Thread: Ball-jointed dolls, pullips and so on

Ball-jointed dolls, pullips and so on

Well, I'm a big fan of Ball Jointed dolls, I was wondering if anyone else here was? Have any?

I like Hujoos and Pullips too, Blythes not so much, but if you like them do state it too.

Dolls?! DOLLS?! I'll show you a doll.

Edit: It's very odd for me to have posted in this thread. I'm going back to my cave...
    Last edited by APBCole; 06-19-2011 at 01:44 PM.

I am a huge fan of them but due to lacking money and issues there in own few if any any all. There is a company, I can not currently recall the name, where you can build your own doll down to the color of the eyes hair and skin, the heights and body shape, etc. Of course, they are hundreds to thousands of dollars so I will never own one, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by APBCole View Post
    Dolls?! DOLLS?! I'll show you a doll.

Edit: It's very odd for me to have posted in this thread. I'm going back to my cave...
    lol Clown dolls are worse, at least with Chucky you know he'll kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerion View Post
    I am a huge fan of them but due to lacking money and issues there in own few if any any all. There is a company, I can not currently recall the name, where you can build your own doll down to the color of the eyes hair and skin, the heights and body shape, etc. Of course, they are hundreds to thousands of dollars so I will never own one, lol.
    Really? I know of a company that somewhat custom-makes them, but not down to the body shape. And don't think it's the case, I'm in a tight monetary situation myself (and actually currently won't be able to get any for a long long while... ), but saving up, even a little tiny bit, does wonders for this hobby.

I thought I would never be able to own even a single one, then I thought I would only have the one if I ever managed that much, and now I own like 10+
    That's the power of saving (and sacrifices, I sold a lot of stuff I wasn't as interested in anymore to be able to afford them!). Sure, half of them are of the "cheap" side (on the hundreds), but I love them all the same.

I sacrifice a lot of other hobbies/interests in order to collect mine. xD; I pinch pennies a lot and always kick myself for spending on something that doesn't last long. xD; I have a small collection right now (small in comparison to many, anyway).

- Zaoll Luv (boy)
    - Dollmore Kid Sona (boy)
    - Soom Little Gem Tuff (boy)
    - Hybrid with a Ringdoll Pan head + DBDoll body (boy)

I also have a Leekeworld Wein head and a Ringdoll teen body, but the head is waiting for me to stop using the Zaoll Luv body (I heard enough about an official "Boy Zaoll" body that I'm going to wait to do that) so I can unite head and body and make a girl doll and I'm half-heartedly trying to sell the Ringdoll teen body. As much as I love my Ringdoll Pan head, I'll probably eventually sell that too once I can get a Souldoll head for the hybrid. :3

My interests in the SD+ sized dolls is fading, so I probably won't get any more and may sell off my hybrid eventually. >3< I want to get two more MSDs (Unoa Lusis and Dollmore Kid Vian - another boy) and then start collecting animal tinies. x33 So cute. >3<

Hybrid boy:

Hybrid girl:

Dollmore kid:

Zaoll Luv:

I don't have many photos of my Tuff yet because I've only just got him half an outfit of his own. xD; I should have plenty when I return from my trip to Australia, though. xD
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Gaining a Reputation Michael Cra's Avatar
    Haha I had a Feeling BJD's would pop up here eventually No i do no have them but a good friend of mine who a better portion of my adult years were spent trying to get with. Loves them she has i think about 8 7G, 1B. I don't know the name for the sizes so 2 big 4 Medium and 2 small. I almost got a large one but after looking at the price and then things fading between us i decided against it lol, But i think they are cuter than Porcelain dolls.

Neko your dolls are so cute!! And kind of familiar, too. lol (Maybe we've crossed paths on DoA or DA or something? XDDD)

My current headcount:

Luts: Bory, El, Dreaming Shiwoo (hybrid fdoll), Cian (hybrid but right now just rolling around lol)
    Kawaiinino/Ninodoll: Bada (not pictured, hybrid B&G)
    Sinyland: Bless (not pictured, shares fdoll body)
    Bobobie/Resinsoul: Sprite, Song, Bei (twins)
    Oriendoll: Ui Vampire
    Custom House: LJ Meoloo
    Cherishdoll: Chuby demon
    And Pullip: Taeyang Tantus (not pictured)
    ... oh, and a Dollfamily head that I'm waiting on still!

I love the Zaoll Luv, really want one! (And some soom tinies too lol)

(ooc)

Saving up is hard, but sooo worth it when you get your doll. You should post a pic of the head! :P

Aww, cute!

(ooc)

That's a nice photo of the head. xD Has a face-up and everything. :3 Did you buy it with a face-up or did you do it yourself?
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

My Chaos (the hybrid doll) has a face-up I did myself. The girl hybrid (Nixie) would also have a face-up by me, once I've got a boy Zaoll body for Jin (the Zaoll Luv) and can move him onto a boy body and Nixie's head onto the girl's body.... but I may be something of an artist, but face-ups are sadly not my forte. So I prefer getting them done by the company when I can. xD
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

As long as you seal it properly, it can be taken off and fixed up again. (I use watercolor pencils, so it's a little less scary to me.) But I've even seen where crazy and uninformed people with sharpies have damaged a doll head and a really experienced and patient restorer has fixed it (though it involved heavy modifications in most cases). Heck, I've seen someone repair a doll that had been drilled into. @_@;

After seeing those, I became less wary about messing my doll up and could instead focus on, "oh god, he looks lopsided/like a girl. D:"
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Lol, the sharpies thing is scary. Some my dolls have face ups I've made. (The Sprite, Cian, Bless, Bada and Ui), then the Bei twins, Shiwoo Bory and Song have face ups I commissioned a dear friend for, and the El, Chubby, Meoloo have factory default... so I really have a mix. lol

(ooc)