Login to your account

Thread: Borderlands 2: The Game You Should Really Be Playing

Borderlands 2: The Game You Should Really Be Playing

Description:
    Borderlands 2 builds upon the gameplay elements introduced in its predecessor. It is a first-person shooter that includes character-building elements found in role-playing games, leading Gearbox to call the game a "role-playing shooter." At the start of the game, players select one of four new characters, each with a unique special skill and with proficiencies with certain weapons. From then on, players take on quests assigned through non-player characters or from bounty boards, each typically rewarding the player with experience points, money, and sometimes a reward item. Players earn experience by killing foes and completing in-game challenges (such as getting a certain number of kills using a specific type of weapon). As they gain levels from experience growth, players can then allocate skill points into a skill tree that features three distinct specializations of the base character.

Returning gameplay features from the first game will include the 3-branch skill trees, class-mods, and four-player online cooperative modes. New features include a more expansive and customizable weapons system, reworked four-seat drift-able vehicles and vehicle physics elements, and dynamic mission systems. For example, taking too much time to save a friend in a mission may result in their death and the failure of the mission, which will affect the story as the player progresses. Technically, the game world will be all connected, rather than loadable levels for each region, allowing accurate viewing of the entire world from a given point rather than the first game's premade "Skybox."

In addition, the artifical intelligence (AI) system has been reworked for the game. Non-enemies will populate the game world more often and will travel around different locations depending on the time. According to Gearbox VP Steve Gibson, enemy AI will encourage teamwork, such as flanking, as well as taking cover when wounded, though lower level enemies like Psychos will still embrace the mentality of, "Wow that's a gun! I want my face in front of it!". Shooting enemies will stun or cripple them depending on where they are shot. For a change, enemies will be intelligent enough to climb and traverse difficult terrain to pursue the player. Enemies will also be able to interact with each other. For example, certain enemies can heal their teammates, boost their shields for defense, or use them as shields to protect themselves

Main Discussion Points:
    Do you have it?
    Have you played the first prior to 2?
    Are you enjoying the sense of humor of the game?
    Favorite character(s)?
    Favorite weapons company?

If you haven't yet played this game, you seriously have a problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've been gifted Borderlands 2 on the PC. And so far, it's a huge improvement from the first game. It feels more like an action shooter then it does a RPG game. [Which is good for a first person shooter] The different kinds of guns the game has is once again amazing. They range from small, throwable explosive weapons to machine guns with their own A.I.

I haven't quite finished the game yet, but I can tell you now that it's pretty good. Better then the first game's plot, that's for sure. The game also has a nice range of easter eggs. I'll just say one of them allows you to kill the creepers from minecraft. The only problem I have with this game so far is it's one annoying menu bug. Where the selector would not move on the screen, and you'd have to exit the weapon menu multiple times until it decides to work.

"Engaging."

I own the game(but currently don't due to my banks mistake and will own it once again once Steam retakes my money) and I quite enjoy the game. I love that combat is sort of unpredictable as enemies are always on the move and you're not always promised a kill as they'll always be trying to get into cover and screw you out of a Fight For Your Life. Which is one thing they test you on.

It definitely though is the best game in the series thus far and is well worth the praise. I love how dialogue as it always cracks me up and the story is definitely deep for a game that is really humorous and references alot of stuff like Top Gun or the TMNT and the sort. Quite honestly has to be my favorite game.

Thanks for no spoilers.
    Do I own the game? Yes indeed.
    Have I played it prior to the second one? Hells yeah I did. I played the shit out of the first one.

Unfortunately I have yet to play through it. I only go to the sanctuary and had to give it up to my brother because.. well. Let's face it, guys rage when they don't get what they want. I'm thoroughly excited to play it though and from what I can tell, the game is amazingly humourous, even more so than the first one. Which makes me damn excited.

Do you have it?
    Yes. And I'm obsessed with it. I believe I saw I put 130 hours into it. I'm currently a level 57 Zer0. I love, love, love him~ I might make another character (Siren), should my group decide we want to (I play with my boyfriend and his bro).

Have you played the first prior to 2?
    Yes! I played as Lilith the first round through. I was Mordecai the second round through. This was on an XBox, btw. I just got it on Steam this year so at some point I will play it on there (again as Lilith).

Are you enjoying the sense of humor of the game?
    Of course! I love Tiny Tina and her cookies machines.

Favorite character(s)?
    Obviously, Zer0. Claptrap and Tiny Tina are up there, too. Lilith is still a fav!

Favorite weapons company?
    I'm pretty sure I have a ton of Hyperion stuff, but I run around in the Maliwan garb for Zer0. Guess I would say Maliwan because the outfits are awesome. But I'm really not picky with my guns. So long as they are pretty and dish out a lot of damage, I'm happy. Truthfully, though, the Infinity Pistol is my fav. Yay for never running outta bullets

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Background NPC
    I kind of ruined Borderlands 2 for myself, found a rocket launcher with absurd damage that I turned into another rocket itself when it was empty. (loved the animation, to this day it's probably the most hilarious thing I have encountered with a traditional weapon) This weapon was soon dubbed the boss slayer and anytime something difficult showed up I just needed to empty one, maybe two, clips into it and the fight was done. Usually I can voluntarily not use things that make games too easy like that, but the mixture of awesome animations, the moderate difficulty of aiming it right against certain foes, and my general feelings on the game (below) I just couldn't and Borderlands soon become so simple I just lost interest entirely.

Granted it may have just sped up Borderlands fate instead of causing it, I never liked most MMO games or most dungeon crawlers, hell the only reason I bought the game is because my good friends all are fans of the above and I figured I could do what I do for most games and keep things interesting by turning it into a RP experience...which worked for a bit. Couldn't save it from just getting too repetitive after a time however.

That sounds like an epic gun. I've been using the, uh, Swordssplosion!!!. I also love to switch things up and use the Bane because who doesn't love running in slow motion? XD

- hangouts -

I know it say BL2 in the subject but... anyone playing the Pre-Sequel? If yes, what are your thoughts? I still think BL2 is the best. Not overly fond of these ceaseless fetching missions. -_-

- hangouts -

As I have yet to get someone to play BL2 with me, as I suck balls by myself, I haven't finished the BL2 game. So I haven't bothered to get the Pre-Sequel. QQ

WHY YOU NO FINISH BL2?! I would so play with you. Granted, I'm probably the worst sniper (zer0) you've ever met. I die a lot. My boyfriend was Maya, thank goodness!

- hangouts -

I never finished because it became too difficult to complete on my own . . . and since I don't have the patience to waste that much time trying to same mission over and over I stopped playing. My brother and friend got way ahead of me so they didn't want to play with me and repeat stuff they'd finished. So I sort of stopped. Then I wiped my computer and now I have to start from the beginning.

I'll get the prequel when it's like dirt cheap and comes with a DLC bundle, lol.

Basically, I'm not gonna play it until most people stop playing, but I'm cool with that since my friends all agreed to get it when it's "reasonably priced" aka Steam Sale.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Hi, if you like the game, I think you will like game pirate king online, too. game pirate king online is more easier and more cool. It's a free browser manga game.