Login to your account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2 : A Fan Thread

Guild Wars 2 : A Fan Thread

Greetings, and welcome to the Guild Wars 2 Fan Thread~! I created this not only to be a place where we can chit chat about this wonderful game, but also where we can post about what our characters are up to! Feel free to post screenshots, videos, journals, snippets in or out of character... or just general blabber about the game. I noticed that the game has begun to become a popular topic amongst our forums and conversations so why not bring it here!

Guild Wars 2 WTFRPG Group
    [X]
    Guild Wars 2 RP [X]

Here I will compile a list of everyone's characters! Don't see your character on the list? Submit the desired information and I'll add them as soon as I can!

Name Race Class Craft Craft Server Guild
    Astrid Drakebane Norn Ranger Huntsman Leatherworker Sorrow's Furnace Glasswork
    Moot Moose Asura Elementalist X X Sorrow's Furnace Glasswork
    Joonism Sylvari Theif X X Sorrow's Furnace Glasswork
    Daelam Sylvari Theif Leatherworking Weaponsmith Yak's Bend X
    Enyo Abernathy Human Engineer X X Ehmry Bay X
    Silarial Varasdais Sylvari Theif Chef Weaponsmith Sorrow's Furnace Glasswork
    Drasil Sorrowsong Sylvari Necromancer Jeweler Tailor Sorrow's Furnace Glasswork
    Last edited by Schizophrenic; 09-27-2012 at 01:33 PM.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

I took this screenshot the other day... Norn don't look so aggressive when they're sleeping! Haha~

Last night, Astrid Drakebane - my ranger, joined The Order of Whispers. It just seemed the most logical choice for my character. Seeing as she's not one who worries about the protection of books and lore, and despite being someone who loves a good fight... The Vigil just seemed too rash. All their decision making is based on brute force and revenge.

"Like you can fight those dragons head on, pah!"

The Order of Whispers fit just right, and after looking up some history on them - it's a pretty neat group.

Alright, I'm going to start inviting people to partake in this little thread. >:D

HOLA. /waves

Um, my character:

Name: Joonism
    Race: Sylvari (SP??)
    Server: um, idk. can't remember. something like henri... or something, LOL.
    Class: Thief
    Profession: .... im a bum. i don't have one. )));
    Guild: FUCK YOUR COUCH.... jk. glasswork.

BUT. omg... so my plan today was to make it to level 30... but i can't do this. i don't want to sit at the computer all day power leveling through. i did, however make it to 26, almost 27.... lol// but now.. it's time to eat my first meal of the day... yayyy. at 7pm.... loollll....

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Legendary Adventurer NomDePlume's Avatar
    Nom's Character!
    prepared to be not impressed!

Server: Ehmry's Bay
    Character Name: Enyo Abernathy
    Character Race: Human
    Character Class: Engineer
    Current Level: 8
    My Screen Name: ElysiumParadox

I haven't been on in a bit and won't be on during my vaca. But I will remain active otherwise. c: I don't belong to a guild beyond Strude's and no one has participated in any quests with me.

*sad face*

Hope you guys are enjoying GW2!

Haha, I'm almost 29 now. ^^; But I am rushing to level a little... Haha... Although, I could be at 30-33 now if I hadn't taken a bunch of breaks in between to... whine about not leveling, lol. /pathetic

To be honest, I haven't really taken time to explore the more minor nuances of the game (such as crafting, etc). I've just viewed it as an extension of how D3 ran--you won't really need to perfect it until you're a much higher level, lol....

And, NOM! Haha, I've basically been playing solo as well, lol....

TUMBLR.

Alright. I'm at level 31.... hahaha. Finally.

I'll probably resume power leveling after the weekend. Or, well, definitely won't be playing for most of Friday, all of Saturday or Sunday. Or, maybe, very little on Sunday, lolol...

In any case, yay! I also joined the Order of the Whispers. I am liking the giant... tiger... bear thing, lol..

TUMBLR.

Oh damn, Jing. You've caught up to me in no time at all. x__x; Woo! Order of Whispers!

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NomDePlume View Post
    I haven't been on in a bit and won't be on during my vaca. But I will remain active otherwise. c: I don't belong to a guild beyond Strude's and no one has participated in any quests with me.

*sad face*
    If we can somehow go into the same overflow I will totally quest with you when you get back from vacation! We could even do the awful / painful jumping caves that Strude showed me.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ISOS_Duke View Post
    Geez, look at you go!

I tend to take up professions as early as possibly, mostly because if you did that in WoW, you would have an easier time in leveling those as you level. Lately, it just seems like I'm going on this rampage of gathering because I don't have any tin to make weapons right now T-T
    I picked up mine about ten levels in. I originally was Huntsman and Chef, but I like the idea of supplying myself with armor as well as weaponry so I traded Chef out for Leatherworking. I'm only around like level 35 in both of them though. xD

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

ALSO! I did my first dungeon (Ascalonian Catacombs) last night. It was awesome! It was Strude, a couple of her friends, myself and a random guy Jesse had been questing with who turned out to be really funny. It wasn't as hard as I expected to be, I mean - there were some hard parts but overall nothing crazy frustrating. Even managed to get some swanky new gear out of it. And the cinematics were so cool~!

I think it definitely helped that we were all in Vent together. Otherwise (especially if I didn't have some instruction) I would have been so discombobulated.

Yes, I caught up with you! I'm actually looking to level a bit more before I go back home for the weekends... Don't level too fast while I'm away. );

LOL.

TUMBLR.

No more GW2 until Sunday evening... ; _______ ;

#no GW2 #god, what has become of my life

..... But, at least I get my new laptop AND I get to do some real work done on the games I'm involved with... lol, GW2 has effectively put a halt on my other obligations, lol... I almost cancelled on some good friends this afternoon... so I can play longer... lol... Don't judge me. You don't know me. LOLOL.

#waiting for the weekend to be over

TUMBLR.

OMG Moose looks so cool as a tribal dude! Although yeah - he totally is a faker. NGH! I must go to this purple lightning zone~

Quote Originally Posted by `JOONISM View Post

No more GW2 until Sunday evening... ; _______ ;

I'm sorry Jing, but Guild Wars crashed. I don't think the gw gods want you to play.

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

Also

Server: Sorrow's Furnace
    Characters:
    Silarial Varasdais: Thief 80, Sylvari, Cook, Weaponsmith
    Drasil Sorrowsong: Necromancer 60, Sylvari, Jeweler, Tailor
    Other characters are: 17, 14, and 1... if you want to level with me or do a dungeon anytime, Just send me a message. =D
    My Screen Name: Odin All Father.4702 (i believe)

DUKE: Aww. ): That's too bad. But, but, but, you should, in the future, get back into the game so you can play with the rest of us. (: We're all, more or less, awesome. Some, more so than others. *cough*imtheawesomest*cough* <333

ATSU: THE GW GODS ALWAYS WANTS ME TO PLAY. THEY SMILE UPON ME WITH SUNSHINE AND LOVE. AND, TOGETHER, WE HAVE PICNICS AND CAMPFIRE FUN. LOTS OF CAMPFIRE FUN!

TUMBLR.

Oh my god! Good luck~! It takes a lot of self control to keep offline but a 4.0 is a really amazing reward to give yourself.

I don't have work tomorrow so I am going to clean the hell out of the house when I get home from work, help my little bro and sis with their homework and then play Gw2 - sleep and then play again ALL DAY tomorrow. <3

Hahaha. I still love the human's dance the most. (;

TUMBLR.

Hey, just to make things easier than doing this individually - I want to know that all of you have an invitation to join the Guild Wars 2 RP. I know everyone is pretty busy, but just wanted to make sure everyone knew the offer was there for whomever wanted to hop in. (:

MAC SUPPORT, WAT?

Sweet. My life just got THAT much better. Heh.

TUMBLR.

i WANT YOUR DYES! ALL THE DIES!

And B'awww I'm only 39% into world completion - getting 100% is one of my main goals!

I'm falling in love with my Guardian. I'm falling in love with his name (LOL, SOMETHING THAT HATERS HAVE A DIFFICULT TIME APPRECIATIN' HAHA... jk. It's kind of lame, but I AM A LAME DUCK AND I LOVE ME SOME LAME... SAUCE.. I don't know).

BUT THE ABSOLUTE BEST THING ABOUT HIM IS THE SOMETIMES-AWKWARD, FUNNY, AND UNINTENTIONAL GAY MOMENTS. I may not find the human story to be very compelling, but, shit, I'm shipping my character with his gay best noble best friend (or w/e). LOL.

I'm an idiot. HI.

TUMBLR.

Dude, ship 'em hard!

Oh, yeah. Idk if you guys are still updating the front page, buut:

joonism: leatherwork / jeweler
    a guard ian: armor something... lol. and the weapon one that goes with guardians, lol. hahaha

TUMBLR.

We all need to be on for this event!!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/halloween-2012
    Last edited by Schizophrenic; 10-22-2012 at 01:21 AM.

Yay! I can't wait! I am gonna try not to spend money on items... but I totally might. :B

God, I'm missing the entire event!!!! /sad

I'm still without stable internet and, even if I had it, I couldn't play anyway. I have to finish writing my paper and even though it's only 3-4 pages (LOL, ESSAY IN EASY MODE), I'm having the toughest time organizing my ideas. It might also be because I'm trying to shit rainbows and unicorns with this paper. I. NEED. THIS. TEACHER. TO FUCKING LOVE ME. ;____________;

Letter of rec, why you make me jump through hoops and do crazy things? ):

TUMBLR.

They are such an odd pair of friends. :P

All these images make my day!

I know that this is a fan-thread but since all of you seem to love it... Is this like a really good game? Worth $60 bucks?

I'm considering buying it. I just want to be sure it's what I want, y'know? So can you guys enlighten me about it?

Well if it wasn't interesting at first, it is now! How team oriented is it? Because I usually have problems with things like that. Most of time, in team games, I find illiterate people and tend to get... angry. I dunno, I'm just usually better doing my own thing :P Of course, if I did buy it, I would most likely join your server and see if I could jump in with you guys.

I do want to buy it but... Eh, I dunno. I just really want my money's worth if I do!

Well, me being someone who doesn't necessarily feel comfortable in a team setting, I do quite alright. This game brings the "fun" back to working with other people to achieve goals. No, you don't have to work with people in order to get everything done, but it sure does make it easier. And most of the time, if there is something you need more than one person to defeat... so many people around you tend to get the help without even asking.

I've heard a lot of people say this game has restored their faith in other gamers. I do have to say everyone is much nicer and considerate in this game than any other MMO I've ever played before. And the fact that you can never "blame" someone for something going bad makes it a lot easier.

I say buy it! It's totally worth the one time purchase! They are currently doing their Halloween Event and we are having a blast. This is the first one from Guild Wars 2 and I can't wait to see what they come up with next~.

I changed my mind.

I want this game and I want it now.

Yeah, I don't know how much the other two have said ('coz, let's face it, am I gonna read a wall of text? No. Please, guys--you know me better than that), but, reasons to buy GW2?

1. It's cheap in relative terms to what it offers. You pay a flat rate of $60 and you'll never have to spend money again. YOU DON'T EVEN NEED REAL MONEY TO BUY GEMS (which are used for Cash Shop items ONLY). YOU CAN LEGALLY CONVERT YOUR HARD-EARNED GOLD! It's built INTO the game.

2. The game is really easy. If you REALLY want to level to 80, you can EASILY do it in a week. Of course, power-grinding is kind of boring... so, unless you have the patience to sit and farm events for hours on end per day... you'll spend most of your time exploring the world, which, admittedly, doesn't sound like much, but is actually fairly interesting.

3. There's a dynamic personal storyline. YOUR DECISIONS IN HOW YOU BUILD YOUR CHARACTER (in the beginning) WILL AFFECT YOUR STORYLINE/HOME. Yep, I think there's like, 3-4 different main story lines per race. Also, you do get different stories dependent on which race you pick. The decisions you make later will also matter (like, you can choose which path you want to take and it'll change how things grow for you).

4. WE'RE PLAYING IT AND, BY DEFAULT, THAT SHOULD BE THE WINNING ARGUMENT.

5. There's other things to do beyond the environment. If you find yourself HATING the world environment (monsters/dungeons), you'll find that World/World is a lot different. I REALLY LOVE WvW. You'll usually go with guild mates ('coz how are you planning to take an entire location by yourself? ALL YOU REALLY THAT BALLER?) and, speaking of guild mates... YOU CAN JOIN MULTIPLE GUILDS. YEP. Your friendly/social guild isn't big enough to do WvW or PvP? No worries, join a 200+ member guild and there's no strings attached. (:

6. But, really, the game is worth it. And, if you do buy it, you'll have friends that are already playing it, which will make it that much more interesting. Since... yeah. (:

Last edited by joonsexual; 10-28-2012 at 06:22 PM.

TUMBLR.