Login to your account

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Multitaskers, unite!

Gaining a Reputation Michael Cra's Avatar
    Yes yes, but you see it would have been funny because of the timing and you just don't get moments like that everyday now do you. Well maybe you do being a female but as a man those just don't come up on regular days.

::snrk::

/totally lame post
    (Mine, I mean.)
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    I knew someone was going to try to do something like that! DX

Ugh, I am editing some reports that just hit mt desk. Two surveillance and a fire investigation. I'm also pulling video stills trying to find out if we are watching the right guy. And I'm playing Words w/ friends... TOO MUCH!
    "I know we'll imprint Whiskey with the Tenth Doctor!"
    "And then my brain will implode."
    "Yes, but we will have saved the world."

Scriblette Kinda sounds like you're either a Lead security for a company, or an investigator/detective for some law enforcement Agency.

Hehehe, that would be waaay more glamorous. I'm actually just an editor for a private investigation company.

What am I doing? Listening to music, checking my own site, reading webcomics, checking my fanfics for updates, and scketching.
    Yeah, ADD is a wonderful thing, ain't it?
    "You're not exactly the safest person to be around." "The person driving got a medal for worst driver ever." "...C***." -Paradox and Av'

Maybe you should read Girl Genius and Megatokyo ^w^

I do read GG. It's epic, and hilarious. XD
    "You're not exactly the safest person to be around." "The person driving got a medal for worst driver ever." "...C***." -Paradox and Av'

Lol, awesome. I need to read the last two weeks worth of GG. ._.

should of just said your right that's exactly what i do Scriblette, but thats still not a horrible job i hate writing up stuff but at least you got a decent job.

I am still waking up. Even though it's been an hour and a half. :B

I've made my way past, "Wow, I am groggy and thinking about going back to bed. I may be sick." and up to, "I cbf to care about anything right now... Yes/no, I don't care. :B" to, "Oh, I actually am human today and I'm not sure that I am sick at all."

I generally leave my decisions about whether or not my body hates me to something like a half hour after I've eaten. :B So I have another half hour until that decision is made. xD
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Lol. That's the way I am, but you have to wait about 3 hours until I'm actually awake and my brain functioning right. Seriously. Like I can't talk or anything. I'll just growl at my sister when she makes me breakfast. So I just read Megatokyo to pass that time before I start typing.
    But now, my eyes are telling me, "DAMN YOU. You've been awake since 3 this morning! Let us rest!"
    I'll obay.

Night, people.

I have various waking times, it just depends on the day. >3< Some days are harder to wake up than others and grumpiness depends on how well I slept and how I'm being provoked. xD

Today just overall seems to have been a, "I feel meh" sort of day. xD But I'll survive until bedtime.

Eeesh - been awake since 3am? Bad mojo - I agree with your eyes! Go to sleep!
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Just got to work (@ 6:30 a.m., grrrh), so I'm poring through my ridiculously full inbox and trying to outline a plan for the day. Also, I'm trying to mellow and enjoy my tea... not really working.

Brrr. Work starting at 6:30am. I'd die. There are very few nights lately that I sleep before then. And I like it that way. :x
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

I wish I could get on here at work ;_; I worked from 6:0 this morning until 7 pm v.v. I guess the fact that i am needed is good, but it sure is tiring lol.

Jeebly creebly, that is a long day. >_<; Hopefully not in food service. When I worked food service, a ten hour shift sent me home cranky and hating people. xD;
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

nuu, i couldn't survive in food service u.u. He he I work in manufacturing, build MRI add on's ^.^! It's fun, kind of like model building or arts and crafts, but I gotta build the way they tell me too xp.

That sounds interesting, even if you can't really freeform how you build. xD It's great you can have fun and you're needed, though. :3
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Right now I'm roaming the forums and trying to avoid having a responsible number of sleep hours before work starts!
    (Though just reading your guy's posts about being in the food service industry has made me tired, I am never doing that again! D: )

I'd do it again, but hopefully at a place that paid more than minimum wage. Where I worked had so few employees it didn't even have to pay the state's mandated minimum wage. It was close, but we only really made minimum wage if people tipped (which people mostly didn't). ^^;

And I would hope I wouldn't get yelled at because we were out of a flavor of ice cream that wasn't even a standard. (I could understand people getting upset over not having chocolate, vanilla or strawberry. And we were known for having sugar-free and non-dairy, so I could understand us not having any sugar-free or dairy-free options... but we couldn't carry all of our flavors all the time and sometimes the machines had to be cleaned and doing so after hours would mean paying us for more hours, which our employer wasn't prepared to do except for long holidays when the machines all needed to be emptied and cleaned....)
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Ugh, people are horrible like that, and at minimum wage? You must be a saint for lasting as long as you did. The worst thing about mine was that when the chefs were backed up, and I was busting their chops to get my orders out and the customers acted like it was my personal vendetta against them that caused their burgers to come out late. I mean, I can understand if I just left their table and never came back, they would obviously think I abandoned them- but I was very active in checking drink amounts and updating them. D:

Though, it wasn't all bad- business really sped up when I realized that my busboy would clear my tables faster if you give them just a little of your tips. That, and the ancient, finely-tuned method of pressuring people to leave by asking if they would like dessert.

Haha i knew it, every time they asked if i wanted dessert that was really just them saying hey spend more money or leave XD, Never worked in food had a friend who did and we'd go bother him and get like 50 refills, but i drink a lot when i eat so if i don't wanna torture the person serving me i just say hey im gonna drink more than a pitcher so just leave it.

Haha i knew it, every time they asked if i wanted dessert that was really just them saying hey spend more money or leave XD
    This is exactly what they are saying. XD
    Though it's mostly just to make enough money on your tables. If you don't make a certain quota average per table then you'll get in trouble with your boss. That, and every group is one tip group so you want to get as many people in and out as possible. More people = more tips. Because let's face it: waiters don't exactly get payed big money.
    STA

unless they are very sexy women and flirt a lot XD ((i have a friend who was good at that >.>))

but yeah i understand that, must suck when you see college students cause you know they are either gonna leave a crappy tip or none at all. But how do you get in trouble if you don't make enough on each table??
    Last edited by Michael Cra; 06-23-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Well, being a young girl (as long as the uniform is attractive) certainly doesn't hurt. But bad service is bad service, there's only so much the bend-and-snap can do to restore your tip amount. XD

That or high school students. Augh. They usually leave just short of nothing. And if you don't make enough, your boss will scold you. It's just a little talk, and they usually just offer ways you can bring it up. (Mostly this equates to appetizers and liquor.) I, thankfully, have never had to suffer dire consequences- but I'm pretty sure if you can't bring it up they probably fire you.
    STA

Man servers must hate me then i normally just get what i want and leave unless i just got payed and I'm with a big group of friends who i wanna take care of cause they are poor college students haha, but yeah if the waiter/waitress refills my drink often i wanna give her better than 10%, but when we are in the big groups we normally leave a decent tip because they throw all their change on the table and then i normally leave a tip too XD

Once you work as a waiter, you always treat them differently. Now I make it a habit to totally calculate my bill before ordering to make sure I have enough to pay for it + tip. That, and you gain a tendency to pre-bus tables, that seems to peeve my friends, hehehe.
    STA

I don't think I've ever had that problem, if i don't know if i have enough money to eat out i just don't eat out XD. Besides restaurants that have waiters isn't something i do unless i was planing to spend more than 30 dallors, well other than Denny's.
    Last edited by Michael Cra; 06-23-2011 at 07:12 PM.