Login to your account

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multitaskers, unite!

Question Multitaskers, unite!

What are you doing right now besides wandering around WTF RPG?

Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Right now, I'm roleplaying off-site with my best friend and sitting on a recumbent bike getting my daily fitness in.

29 minutes, 25 seconds (26, etc).

I'm making myself get a minimum of 30 minutes in a day, but since you guys kept me so busy yesterday, I didn't work out at all, so I'm gunning for a minimum of 60 minutes today. :B

Oop. And now chatting with my best friend's best friend. xD

I should mention at this point (because I'm rambling, so why not?) that in July I'll be going to Australia. This is partly because I'll be at an anime convention. I'll be cosplaying Mai from King of Fighters and Morrigan from Darkstalkers. (Thus the workout.)

My bf's bf is cosplaying Lilith and I forget (if I ever knew) who else. But she's asking me now about costuming plans.

And that is enough rambling from me because my friend will probably be replying to rp in a moment. xD

What are you doing again? >o<
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

XD nice. Bonus points for Darkstalkers cosplay!
    I'm watching an Okami letsplay, keeping track of three seperate plans to get a wii and said Okami game, reading all my mail, keeping my offline friends at bay, and above all, wandering around the house at random! *Takes a deeeep breath!* Thaaat was too many words too fast! XD
    {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!} Plotting in progress! {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!}

Gaining a Reputation Michael Cra's Avatar
    Well other than Making up a thread where i will post what Croc O' Dile eats each day, I am Looking for some stuff my friend is looking for, for our groups cos-play for anime Expo in LA in what 16 days now lol. its either not gonna get done or we will all be Miss-matched because of the late planing of something we've talked about since Last AX >.> lol

Also Mai and Morrigan???? you must be Hot XD

Would it be shameful to admit I've never played Darkstalkers? I do enjoy drawing the characters, though. >3< I've always loved their designs.

Sketches I've done for the convention the last few days:

I likewise adore the character designs for Okami, but though I have a Wii I don't currently have plans to buy the game. It's the sort of game I'd love to watch but be terrible at playing. xD; My friend has it, so I'll make her play it for me and try it myself to see if I'll pick it up. :B

Anime Expo, eh? I have a friend who is almost certainly going to be there. That may be why I haven't been able to find her online at the same time I am. She cosplays Hetalia and makes her own costumes and her work and sleep schedule is utterly different from mine. >_< What do you guys cosplay?

Dunno about hot or not. :B I know since it's winter I'm going to freeze to death, though. D:

The convention's theme is "retro" so the Aussies said, "I'm going to be this and this! What about Cammie from Street Fighter?" and I said, "hayulls no, yo!" so it became, "What about Mai?" and I said, "oh all right then. "

PS: 78 minutes and counting now, though I've slowed down the resistance because it was making it too difficult to concentrate on what I was reading/typing. :P ::is weak::
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

78 Mins?? I'm confused?
    Also I've never played darkstalkers either but i've heard about my friends have talked about it forever.

Also last year i joked about going as guys From "Cromartie High School" it's an Anime but since there are 5 or 6 of us going together they decided on going as Delinquents (which is just what the cromartie high school guys are, but meh XD) every year we talk about doing something but it almost always falls apart XD

Also Awesome Sketches do you sell them or something?
    Last edited by Michael Cra; 06-18-2011 at 07:36 AM.

XD Nah, not shameful at all. I don't cosplay, I don't actually go places much! XD Waaait... Australia... Don't die! XD Sorry, I haaaad to say it!

xD 78 minutes was in reference to how many minutes I'd been plugging away at the bike. xD I made it to 86 minutes and had to stop because my leg was starting to hurt from the semi-twisted position I was in. :B

I've seen that! Or part of it, anyway. The friend I mentioned had me watch it (or at least part of the live action... I think I saw a bit of the anime, but not as much) when we went to Anime Expo together several years ago. xD I think I'd appreciate it a little better now than I did then. I've read and watched more manga/anime and probably would understand some of the humor better.

But cosplaying them would be hilarious, though it's obscure enough that it'd be the size of the group that drew attention. xD I think my friend would totally fist-bump you guys if she saw you, though. Or perhaps some sort of acknowledgment that would be in keeping with the anime. xD I hope you guys do actually get it together this year. xD Photos if you do!

Thanks! They need a bit of fixing but I'm largely happy with them. After I've corrected the errors, I'm going to ink them, color them somehow and print them out as artist trading cards and possibly make a few pendants. My friends have an art table at the convention they're letting me share and I'm ordered to bring art. :B I haven't done art commissions in awhile, but apparently I might do okay at the convention, so we'll see how that goes.

Cosplay is fun, though! If you can't go to a convention, even getting a group together for hanging out or a photoshoot is fun. (Though you'd have to have a high level of confidence and friends interested in doing such things. The closest "local" friend I have that's interested at all in cosplay is two hours away.) And if you don't do anime or comic books, there's always steampunk.

I'll try not to die! xD It's my second trip and I recall the second being horrified of the size of the spiders that set up on my laundry as it was hanging up to dry in my friend's backyard. And this is coming from someone who's lived most of her life in the South. I know big bugs.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

XD Thaaats why I'm neeeever going to Australia! XD Spiders, staaay away! XD Geh, I'm typing weird, need to sleep... so... Night all, and see you in the mornings! Whenever my morning happens to be, that is!

Yes - super scary. xD But not worthy of being kept away from Australia for, in my opinion. xD People are nice there! xD

I'll probably wander off myself in the next 10 minutes or so. I think I want to play a game before bed. :3
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

lol Ok well Night Stranger ;-p have fun with what ever game you decide to play I'll hopefully find no more bugs for you while your away. XD

Also afraid of giant spiders that inflict serious pain Rubbish besides normally its the small ones that are more scary XD at least to me bcause randomly Spider on my shoulder wanted to say hi and im ripping my shirt off XD while big spider i can see and will already have a weapon about to kill it XD

I am trying to rip myself away from my computer at the moment. I don't have quite a busy schedule today as I had yesterday but I have a lot of things on my to do list!

Currently I'm working on setting up some water fun to beat this heat, which includes blowing up a decent sized inflatable pool, 50ish water balloons and filling up water guns in preparation for my younger siblings to freak out at the sight of all the fun. But before I actually get into all this good fun, I have to take a shower because at some point today I have to make an appearance at a graduation party. But somehow in all this I need to work on a few arts that I want to at least be half way done by tomorrow and finish the last bits of editing for a Fathers Day dedication movie for my Dad.

I already have three characters in separate games but I am intrigued by a game in particular and want to get started in another one but I don't want to get too over confident and take on too much because with my luck they will all kick into full force at the same time and then I wont be able to keep up!!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Oh, I know what you mean about getting over-confident and just signing up for everything that looks interesting. xD A good half of the games up already are games I'm actually interested in. There is also a game I promised my co-workers over at Menewsha I'd create, but since the site is really quite active right now and I'll be on a trip soon, I don't think it'd be fair to them to set things up and then mostly disappear on them. @_@;

Anyway, beating the heat sounds good. xD I take the easy way out and sleep through most of the heat of the day. >3< But if you have younger siblings, it's easier to find fun ways to play the day away. :3

Father's Day.......... D: I'll have to talk to my brother. Maybe we'll team up and make breakfast in bed for our parents. :x
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Nevermind me I'm reading yesterday's as today Delete this post please >.>

Aww No fair! fine fine This is what i said because i thought that was sent today.

"When they go to bed? Because today is fathers day. You could also do it tomorrow I mean breakfast in bed the day after fathers day would be surprising but your still kinda missing the mark XD"
    Last edited by Michael Cra; 06-20-2011 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Because of Neko making me feel bad.

>3< Why not edit your post to be something new, then? xD

Now I am sadface because you want me to delete a post rather than giving me something to respond to! (So I'll sulk and respond instead of just deleting it. 8D )
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Are you typing WHILE on the bike? I'm impressed... I consider myself a multitasker, but I've never attempted that. Then again, I currently use my desktop much more than my laptop, and I'd be very amused to see myself try to rig my monitor up to some stationary bike handles... *grin*

I wish I had the skills to make costumes for cosplay. I also wish I had enough friends who were into it to do it with me. xD But, admittedly, I don't keep up with a lot of anime (I believe I'm limited to Sailor Moon (seriously, I loved it when I was 11 and probably still do), Dragonball Z (ditto... >.>), Gundam Wing, and Trigun), but there's a lot of other movies and such that I think would be fun to do. I've had my eye on the Babydoll outfit from Suckerpunch since the first preview came out, but I have no idea where to even begin putting it together. *cry*

I don't want to be trying to take people away from this site but there is a site i go to that streams anime. They have a huge list of Anime to choose from the older ones don't always have current links because well video's get taken down and some anime's get licensed and funimation doesn't like people watching Anime for free unless they also get to Advertise stuff. So if someone wants to watch some more Current Anime there you go, Now i will also mention most of it is Sub'd so if you don't like Subtitles don't bother going there. ^_^

animeavenue.net

IT has a little chat box on the right side but people there can kinda be jerks at times so just a warning ^_^

okay people *shifty eyes* I HAVE an idea. It might fail horribly and it will take me few days to set things up, but this is going to be sooo much fun if it works.

Ok what is it? your shifty eyes caught my interest and the mystery has me enthralled.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie Styx View Post
    Are you typing WHILE on the bike? I'm impressed... I consider myself a multitasker, but I've never attempted that. Then again, I currently use my desktop much more than my laptop, and I'd be very amused to see myself try to rig my monitor up to some stationary bike handles... *grin*

It's a recumbent bike, so a bit easier to manage because I don't have to worry about keeping my balance too. xD I just have to angle the bike next to the computer desk with enough room for my knees and sort of twist a little to reach the (angled) keyboard and see the (angled) monitor. xD Probably waaaay more effort than most people would care to go through, since it's not especially comfortable, but I don't feel like I'm ignoring my friends (which is especially bad considering I don't always get to talk with them for long).

PS: This is totally on my desktop too. xD I don't have a laptop unless I borrow one. >_> I'm not sure I'd want to try it with a laptop unless I had some way of putting a desk-like thing over instead of resting it on my knees or something. xD

I wish I had the skills to make costumes for cosplay.
    Me too. D: I'm borrowing my friend's skills. :B

I also wish I had enough friends who were into it to do it with me. xD But, admittedly, I don't keep up with a lot of anime (I believe I'm limited to Sailor Moon (seriously, I loved it when I was 11 and probably still do), Dragonball Z (ditto... >.>), Gundam Wing, and Trigun), but there's a lot of other movies and such that I think would be fun to do. I've had my eye on the Babydoll outfit from Suckerpunch since the first preview came out, but I have no idea where to even begin putting it together. *cry*
    I still haven't seen Suckerpunch, though I want to. xD I've only seen a little bit of the animes (though more DBZ than any of them) and like what I've seen of all of them. xD

The first step to creating any costume is to get pictures of the version you want and figure out how much can be done with pre-made materials (ie: a skirt from a department store, or you happen to have a bokken that would work with so'n'so's look) and what needs to be made (if you have the abilities to make it yourself) or purchased (if you don't, or don't want to take the time/want better quality than what you can make). :B There are lots of places online you can buy premade costumes or props or commission them, but it's down to funds and abilities and time... blahblahblah. xD

(Since I have few abilities and funds because of my hobbies of bjd collecting and trips, it severely limits what I can afford to purchase. >_>; )

Finding friends to cosplay with is much easier. xD Provided you're okay with them not being necessarily local friends. :3 If you're thinking about going to a certain convention, there are usually forums for the convention where you could chat with people planning on going and try to set up a cosplay group. (Not something I've done, but I've certainly seen done before. A friend of mine actually had to make an audition video posted to YouTube to join a cosplay group and now she goes around the country doing Hetalia panels in-character for a specific Nordic country.)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cra View Post
    I don't want to be trying to take people away from this site but there is a site i go to that streams anime.
    Yeah - I have a good source for my anime. xD It's a torrenting site rather than a streaming site, and doesn't have everything, so I might check out that site you linked sometime. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Aerion View Post
    okay people *shifty eyes* I HAVE an idea. It might fail horribly and it will take me few days to set things up, but this is going to be sooo much fun if it works.
    Oh ho? :3

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cra View Post
    Ok what is it? your shifty eyes caught my interest and the mystery has me enthralled.
    Agreed. xD
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Well I posted that on the wrong thread (multi tasking fail u.u) but in involves ATTEMPTING to merge free style and dice role playing on here. I am pulling out a ton of my old books and working up a rule set, and at the same time brainstorming a campaign as we speak (so I guess it kinda fits here too, lol). It will either be awesome and a whole new way to forum role play, or it will fail horribly, so umm wish me luck?

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    On DevientArt, I am currently playing a furry who is in legal trouble and keeps getting sued by all the people who have slipped on the floor that she buttered herself. *Facepalm* I should've totally seen that coming, since there are so many people on there who are so much more creative then myself.
    Me and my friend XDSmart are roleplaying off-site about a guy who was turned into a cat due to some genetic mutation. ^w^ Best Rp ever. She's taking it and drawing it as a comic and sooner or later, I'll post it up on dA.
    And then there's my book I'm trying to write. I have a BAD writer's block, so I'm taking it out on here, by roleplaying. So whop-de-freaking-do for me!
    And then... I finally got my digital camera, so my character T.K. is coming with me everywhere, so I can get a picture of her where ever I go. The next stop is the Kroger down the street. I'm going to get a picture of her attached to the self scanner. -Shrugs- I don't know why, I'm just that poor, bored 8th grader who has nothing better to do.
    And then there's making clothes and such on my sewing machine. Its fun, but I can't find a pattern for the High School Host club's girl's uniform... There's a convention coming up and I was originally gunna go as Haruhi, but I can't find anything good enough to hold my chest in... GAWD, that sound so weird. I don't think I've ever said anything so weird in my life.
    Anything else....
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerion View Post
    Well I posted that on the wrong thread (multi tasking fail u.u) but in involves ATTEMPTING to merge free style and dice role playing on here. I am pulling out a ton of my old books and working up a rule set, and at the same time brainstorming a campaign as we speak (so I guess it kinda fits here too, lol). It will either be awesome and a whole new way to forum role play, or it will fail horribly, so umm wish me luck?
    Hahaha. xD When I saw "Xanith D20" pop up, I figured that it was a "had several tabs open and replied in the wrong one" thing. :3 I'm verrryy interested, but won't commit to the game until August or September sometime. :3 If you don't mind, I'll hang out in your OOC and contribute, but won't be able to promise to join as a character anytime soon. D:

So, good luck. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Sure2HerWord View Post
    And then there's making clothes and such on my sewing machine. Its fun, but I can't find a pattern for the High School Host club's girl's uniform... There's a convention coming up and I was originally gunna go as Haruhi, but I can't find anything good enough to hold my chest in... GAWD, that sound so weird. I don't think I've ever said anything so weird in my life.
    You sound like you're involved in a lot of things right now. xD

Have you tried cosplay.com's forums? I don't have an account there, nor do I lurk, but it seems like the obvious place to look or ask around in. :3

And no worries - there is much discussion on boob tape with me and my friends right now. xD One of my friends is taping hers down and I'm just talking about taping mine so the costume doesn't get suddenly drafty. xD
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

XD -Is currently dying of laughter-
    Awesome! I'll go check it out.

The website, not the boobs. XD
    Last edited by Omlyt; 06-20-2011 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Confusion.

:c

Sure2HerWord doesn't want to see my or my friends' boobs. ::wanders off in quiet heartbreak::

Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

DX I didn't... -is really confused-
    I don't pay attention to things like that on girl's... being one myself. ^-^"
    I'm sure someone else will look, but, I won't.

::laughs:: I'm just teasing you. You'll learn to ignore me on things like that.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

^w^;
    Okai.

Damn! *snaps my fingers at that missed chance* I missed my chance, curse me and my need to eat >.> i had the perfect Set up to go "I'm interested in seeing your boobs" sigh but maybe next time i will be here in time.

I'd have just ignored you and told you to :talk2hand: anyway.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin