Login to your account

View Poll Results: How do you feel about a WTF community event?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's a great idea to bring the community together!

8 66.67%
  • I look forward to it!

4 33.33%
  • I don't think anyone would participate.

0 0%
  • This is a bad idea, (if chosing this reason, please post why.)

0 0%

Thread: WTF Event Planning // What do you think would be fun?

Question WTF Event Planning // What do you think would be fun?

So, we've been doing some talking and think it would be fun to start planning a Halloween themed event for October. This way we have plenty of time to work things out before it begins!

Because the purpose of the event is to goof off and have some fun with the community, the first step is asking you all what you'd like to see.

Some ideas in the works//

• Creating a Halloween themed RP with a basic beginner plot where all characters submitted will be approved, it would last as long as the event. (Either a week or a month)
    • Offering services like graphic making or character sketches.
    • Offering free games.
    • Art Submission Contests.

Anyone who wouldn't mind giving away some free art or graphics are welcome to send me a PM and we can work out your involvement with the event. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Please share any ideas you have, tell us what you like, what you wouldn't like... ect. Any input would be helpful!

THOSE OFFERING FREE ART
    Schizophrenic

THOSE OFFERING FREE GRAPHICS
    JOONISM

Strude is also offering prizes such as video games and other purchases~!
    Last edited by Schizophrenic; 08-25-2012 at 03:31 AM.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

A Shining Example Sweetsunnyrain's Avatar
    I think that the Group RP thing would be fun! I don't really know about the graphics and the character sketching though..where would you get people to do that?

Also, the contest seems like a fun idea, it's just that what would we get in return? Is there a prize? ; u ; //confused

Well I do know a few people who can make graphics, possibly through some random choice generator, people who post in the event could win a graphic for their signature, character or roleplay of choice.

I am willing to donate my services as far as giving away character sketches. They won't be brilliant but it's always fun to get one of your characters drawn!

And hm, the art contest was more so a concept off the top of my head. I know we have real prizes such as video games available but not everyone plays - it may end up being an award (but that's it) that may make a neat addition to an art thread. (like when people hang certificates over their desk at work. xD)

There is also a possibility of rewarding with something more site related, but that's not something we can be 100% certain of right now.

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    -raises hand- I would absolutely love to enter in an Art Submission contest (or anything Halloween art related)! ^w^ I'm not the best artist, but I've been getting pretty good-or at least I think I am- with my tablet.

Ah, I see..I'd probably just enter for the heck of it, haha. XD

Awesome! It'd be fun to showcase some of the artistic talent we have on this site!

XD Psh, I wouldn't say talent for me~ >u>;

A plot with human spontaneously turning into various obscure or non-obscure monsters and having to find out a cure for each would be fun, I think!

Haha, that sounds cool. I definitely want something scary / creepy / exciting!

I wouldn't mind helping out with graphics! And, unlike the shit I do for myself (LOL, LAZY MAN'S WORK), I'll actually take the time to make legit graphics for people. Like, graphics for their RP, their signature, idk, whatever. ;D

I WANT TO HEEELLLPPPP. lol

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

I'm so glad you offered! Because I totally was going to beg you. xD

XD I'd also be willing to do a few character arts. o v o

Here's a Halloweeny basic plot made by moi:
    The Witching Hour is real.

When a rebellious child refuse to sleep at night the Sandman appears in that hour, cursing the child to an horrible fate. The fate of a monster.

During the day, the children will still be themselves and will go about as usual until dusk where they will turn into bloodthirsty creatures of evil. The creature will change each night depending on the child's day and about how they had behaved. From the feral werewolf to the mysterious member of the Unseelie court, most children plagued by the Sandman's curse will go through the near entirety of the species of Evil, unknown to them as they will not remember anything when dawn break the sky, themselves now safely in their bed with only a strangely open window out of place.

That curse will follow them all their lives unless they either die or find a way to cure their particular affliction of the evening.

I like this idea! Another fun thing would be the characters turn into whatever they dressed up as!

Also, a cosplay contest would be fun, where each member that wanted to dress up like one of their characters could, and they we submit photos!
    Looking for Rps! Message me!

I love that idea, it's hard to decide on something just yet - I was thinking possibly having those who are interested post their Halloween ideas and then everyone can vote on which one they'd like to see and then the decision will be made!

Yeah, well we still have about two months so no hurry yet :3!

Nicole, that sounds exactly like that one Buffy the Vampire Slayer Halloween episode!

Quote Originally Posted by Schizophrenic View Post
    I'm so glad you offered! Because I totally was going to beg you. xD

Haha, of course I would help! (:

I'm also getting my new laptop so... it'll be smooth sailing, gfx time. I think. Haha.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.