Login to your account

Thread: Witch's Feast: A Mystery-Horror RP in a somewhat Table-Top Like Fashion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legendary Adventurer NomDePlume's Avatar

Witch's Feast: A Mystery-Horror RP in a somewhat Table-Top Like Fashion

It was the night before everyone you knew would be swept off to college to star their lives anew. The night air is warm and sweet; light shatters out across the lake and the sound of merriment fills everyone's ears. This is the biggest party of year, so far, held when the summer is at its warmest; and everyone seems to be enjoying themselves. You are currently at a cabin on a lake; a rather large lake that's waters look black in the midnight glow. All around you is forest and you had to take a narrow gravel road to get here. And though this place is isolated out here in the woods you had to scramble for parking next to a large and grassy hill.
    Something that should have been so simple turns dark and treacherous in a moment.
    The lights immediately shut off, and this is followed by screams and shortly after intoxicated laughter. Though that only lingers in the air for a bit before deafening screeches rip from the dark folds of the cabin and the sound of scrambling is heard through the solidity of night. When the lights flicker back on- it is just you and three others left in a room that was once crowded with bodies.

There are screams further into the night- and the scrambling of bodies attempt to enter their car and drive off before they are squelched by whatever unseen force surrounds the cabin. Yet you cannot stay there- and instead have to venture out into the night. Probably the freakiest realization is when you look up into the night sky and all the stars that you were familiar with are gone, and that white glossy moon is now a pregnant red droplet that is suffocating the sky with other more dampened ones ghosting about it.
    The world has changed- the lake is black an beyond it is a massive swamp that you don’t remember being there before. There are mountains in the background, and beyond that a shimmering light that might signify a city- you might be safe if you can get there.
    Of course first you have to travel through the swamp, and whatever other environments await you- and little do you know that your appearance in this world means you have been cordially invited to the Witch’s Feast.

I’m trying to generate interest for this RP because I do not believe that it has enough content to really deserve a full-featured game- then again I could be wrong. This game will also run on a system that I haven’t seen on WTF, and honestly it may have been done before I have not witnessed it. This game will involve more exploration than horror and quite a bit of mystery. This RP is going to be like a slowly climaxing thriller with loads of supernatural and discovery elements.

So the style of the RP will be somewhat like a ‘choose your own adventure book’ where me- the GM- will not have a character but instead be that ominous voice that describes your surroundings and might give you plausible choices to pick from. I mean I still encourage RPing- or otherwise things might get bland- but the idea is that you follow the GM prompts. That being said I’ll still have NPCs that chat with you and moments where the group can talk amongst themselves and do other things instead of constantly moving. Here is an example of what I am talking about:

GM: You are in a swamp- long inlets of silt form a makeshift bridge across it. The waters are tepid and opaque and low hanging branches seem to sweep about. On the other side you see your path continue.
    Player: attempt to cross silt inlet with light steps using the branches as a handle.
    GM: A large black beast flops over the inlet half way through your journey and bares its blood coated teeth at you.
    Yes the responses will be short in some places but still put in detail and realization of your surroundings or you might die. And if you DO die there are other humans lurking about the forest- and you can pick up as one of those; hopefully though we won’t lose our lives too too frequently.

There will also be an Inventory system where you start out with your basic gear (your party clothes and whatever was on your person), and then as you go along and think of different things to look at and grab you can put them in your inventory for later use. The amount of inventory will either be fixed for all or we might play with stats and it will be based on constitution- though there won’t be that many stats in this game.

Anyway- how does this sound? I would like 3-4 players to start this and I won’t until I have people on board for the game.

Do let me know!
    -Nom
    Last edited by NomDePlume; 08-19-2012 at 11:17 PM.