Login to your account

Thread: At the Edge of the World: a 1x1 Fantasy RP Hunt

Legendary Adventurer NomDePlume's Avatar

At the Edge of the World: a 1x1 Fantasy RP Hunt

Far beyond our reality encapsulated in a land formed from might, magic, and old gods- rests the Edge of the World where the heroes of the past are immortalized in stone. Magic here is thick, tangible and almost has a taste in its abundance- and betwixt its’ mighty tendrils exists a stories that have yet to be told. Fates intertwined in a harmonious balance of light and dark, good and evil, and all the varying roads in-between. So the question waits- poised and ready for an answer- what story will be written about you?

Once again it is your friendly Nom in search of a RP. I've managed to get a couple of 1x1s up and running, but I still have room for a couple of more. I'm also down for meeting new people on this site and forming something wonderful with them.

So- you ask- how many RPs do you want here?
    One maybe- two, or a small group if we manage to find multiple likeminded people.; though honestly I would be quite content for a 1x1.

What sort of worlds would you like to play in?
    Fantasy: (Dark, Heroic, High, Eastern, and Humorous)
    Contemporary Supernatural: It might take a bit of work to create an original idea but I have nothing against forming a modern storyline as long as it is supernatural, fantasy, or otherwise.
    Science Fiction: more so looking for the space opera or science fantasy version of this- not so much a futuristic dystopian city, or a cyberpunk like story.

What sort of characters do you play?
    I enjoy playing both male and female characters- male more than female due to the fact that there has always been a high demand for male characters and I enjoy playing them more than female. That being said I won’t mind play a woman in the game- just as long as things are kept reasonable and not sexist.
    I also have a love for playing characters that are not strictly either light or dark but a good mixture of both. I like to play personalities that are hard to get along with (at first) or create physical deformities that separate them from the other gazillion gorgeous people in the RP universe.
    Honestly I am down for anything- as long as you don’t try to force me to play a character that is perfect for your character- omg I hate that.

How about your pairings?
    I do mxm, mxf (with me being either), and on a vague occasion fxf. I also don’t mind RPs where the lead two characters are just friendly as opposed to plausibly having any sort of romantic notions. Personally I am open to anything.

What content do you allow?
    I'm fairly open with content. We can either have a very PG game, or one that is substantially more mature. I enjoy gore, intense situations, fucked-up bad guys, cursing, and a bit of heavy petting. I won't be getting into smut on here though- but I also won't cut you off if our characters decide to lean that direction. It can be handled with a nice 'fade to black' (after a certain level of gratification c: ).

How do I request to join?
    Just slap on here what you would like to play- maybe a character, or a world concept, or maybe a style you’ve been wanting to play. What I don’t want is an entire world that you have made up that doesn’t allow for me to be flexible- the world we make shall be designed by the both of us- more fun eh? I also don’t want just a ‘I want to play’ either- give me some meat so I have something to ruminate on.

What level of RPer do I need to be?
    While I don’t want to alienate anyone- I really need an RPer that it used to building worlds, playing in them, and has the dedication to stick to the end. I also want someone that can play multiple characters and multiple story lines at a time and it isn’t afraid of getting their hands dirty. But that doesn't mean I need mini-novels for each post either. Just someone that won't go: 'whatever you want' or 'I don't know' to every question I have. Have some input!

Thank you- and I do hope to hear from you guys on WTF. c:

-Nom
    Last edited by NomDePlume; 12-15-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Humble Farmer With a Sword MarineViolet's Avatar
    Land of Rocks and Dust (the midwest United States)
    Okay so. On Are you okay with having any of these RP's not romance-centered in any way, at most characters are good friends? 'Cause, I'm not a big fan of romance. If so, then super-awesome. Also, since I'm not old enough to play Adult-themed games, General it is.

First, characters. Big fan of numbah 2, 4, and 10. Any RP with these characters or one or some concept of these would be great. I'm getting either a shape-shifter/deep relationship with animals/animal spirits/animal defining personality/person being bonded with an animal, whether they like it or not vibe from these pictures. Since you want a science fantasy/fantasy, which I would LOVE, me like . Those were ideas, I'm just throwing them out for consideration.

Okay, now places. Honestly, the ones I'm really a big fan of are 2, 4, and 6. Place two, a really magical sort of place with dangers around every corner, probably more of several wandering tribes was what I was thinking, and animals are more than just pets, they are weapons, sources of food, safety, and affection, or maybe every child born, depending on the tribe, is born with a specific spirit animal that guides them in some way, different tribes are different kinds of animals, like the Reptilian tribe, Mammalian tribe, so on.

Place 4, a jungle kingdom where it's people are very quiet and peaceful , and the reason they heave their land is because the struck a deal with the animals, a treaty, protecting us from them, and them from us. Every year, the animals ask some sort of payment., whether it be a child, or whatever. Maybe have every king/queen has a special deal, one that bonds them with an animal, granting them powers of some sort relating to the animal.

Place 6, no ideas that seem great to me right now, it just seems very interesting place, and I liked it.

So, yeah.
    Last edited by MarineViolet; 08-19-2012 at 05:01 AM.
    *is a filthy homestuck*
    Find me here!

PMed you- and this is STILL OPEN FOR RP!

... seriously alleviate my boredom.
    Last edited by NomDePlume; 08-19-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Character 1, 6 and 9
    Place 5
    Both Scenes

I was thinking about a dark fantasy where they are mercenaries that live in a remote fortress working for sorcerers and harvesting various ingredients and parts from dangerous places and creatures and are in charge of defending the tower when they are between hits.

It will be gory and gritty as slaying monsters is not really a pretty life and we can throw in romance there and there if you want though I must say I've not really done the romance genre before.

What do you say? This is the summary of it for now, but I expect we'll fill it much more later.

I just PMed you about a plot!
    Last edited by NomDePlume; 09-07-2012 at 12:25 AM.

THIS IS STILL OPEN. c:

Apologies for bumping, but this is still quite open- and I'm still interested.

Clumsy Apprentice A Simple Sigh's Avatar
    I would be interested in doing a fantasy 1x1 with you with, if possible, a steampunk feel to it. I have a slight idea, but it isn't all too developed yet. ^w^;

Hello,
    I’d be interested in a 1x1 RP if you are still interested. Little bit about me…My name is Samantha and I’m 23. I’ve been RPing for about nine years and I really enjoy it. I love to read and write and always have. I do have Skype if you’d be more interested/comfortable RPing over that. I tend to save all of my RPs that I’m in to my PC if you would like some examples of my type of writing. I’m good with playing male or female characters, though lately I seem to prefer female. I’m great with side characters, multi story lines, multi RPs, etc. I’ve done all that =3 I’ve had three RPs all converge at one point. Was interesting! I am okay with mxm fxm and like you I have sometimes done fxf. I’m fine with adult content too, I’ve had RPs that ended up going that way. I do like some form of romantic bond to form between the main characters given time.

If you would like to RP I would prefer a fantasy slightly med evil. Don’t really like guns and what not to be common place, though I’ve had some pop up in a couple of the RPs I was in from time to time. I like worlds that are supernatural. People with abilities, vampires, Changelings, Shifters, Elves, etc.

I would be up for almost any starting storyline. Darker characters, goodxevil, common goal, running into each other and having to work together and go from there, one character kidnapped or nearly murdered by the other and grow to like each other (playing into goodxevil), whatever is good with me really.

I have a pretty open schedule. My roommate works 4 days on 4 days off, the days he works I pretty much am on all day bored. The other days sometimes we hang out sometimes we don’t, regardless I could still post a few times a day if you’re a really active player. Pretty much down for whatever!