Login to your account

Thread: I'm About to die.

Nameless NPC

I'm About to die.

I'm New Here.. And I have no Idea What To Do ! Hellpp!

Boom Da Boom Daaa!

Hello AJ! I just want to let you know that you are not alone. May of us were lost when we first arrived, too. But, never fear, help is here. Since I'm at work, I cannot view Strude's link so I apologize if I repeat everything she states. Anyway, here's my little take on the site. Hope it helps!

First things first, WTFRPG has two types of roleplaying -- the Full-Feature Forums and the General Forums. The Full-Feature Forums (FF Forums as they are abbreviated) allow the creator, the GM, the ability to keep things clean and organized. You have various tabs associated with the story, too. You automatically get an OOC thread created, which is awesome. You also have a character's tab, which makes looking up characters in the story easy. There is also a locations tab - locations can be setup a number of different ways. You could do actual locations (like Earth, Boston, Nowheresville, etc.) or you can do chapters. It's really up to you. The FF Forums also link you to character journals and recent posts.

FF allows you to post an intro, the rules, the background, and character breakdown all in one easy to access location. Just give some of them a look. These are some examples (sorry, I picked my own because they were what I was looking for). This is setup on a by chapter basis. This one is by location/place.

Now, let's say you want to make a roleplay but you're not sure you've got an interest. You can post your ads over here. You can gather people or make an advertisement to get people to join. This is also where you can find a partner for a onexone story.

Feel like you need some friends before you just start cranking out stories? Never fear, we have our general, getting to know people forums over here. Everything over here is to help you meet new people and to just hang out. This is also the spot where you can ask people questions about a specific roleplay. If you see one you like, but aren't sure about joining, you can post a message in there and, hopefully, someone will get back to you.

Now onto the characters. You have an option of making five characters for the character pool. This is pretty much a spot where you can say, "Hey, I've got these characters who are looking for a story." If someone likes one of your characters, they will get in contact with you. You can make a character here.

The other way to deal with characters is to find a story you like. Say you find one that meets the genres you're searching for (you can do a tag search here) and now you want to join. It's easy! Simply click on the roleplay and click on the character's tab (like this). You'll click the New Character button and away you go!

Well, I hope this helped. If you need anything else clarified or elaborated on, just ask. :]

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Can you only have five characters in the pool? If so, can they be switched out?
    "Ew. Did you check to see what date this raw milk expires?"
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."
    "It's the cream. The fat floats to the top."
    "Oh, I just thought it was Bridgid's backwash the first couple of times."
    "Wait, why didn't you say 'ew' when you thought that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Strude View Post
    You can keep 5 character in the character pool and the rest you can keep: Clone Warehouse. Yes I guess you could switch them out, but its a lot of work IMO.
    Thank you. I was misunderstanding. I thought you could only have five characters in total on the site, so that's why I asked about switching.
    Last edited by Kriemedean; 03-20-2013 at 11:19 AM. Reason: font
    "Ew. Did you check to see what date this raw milk expires?"
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."
    "It's the cream. The fat floats to the top."
    "Oh, I just thought it was Bridgid's backwash the first couple of times."
    "Wait, why didn't you say 'ew' when you thought that?"