Login to your account

Thread: Who are you?

Who are you?

This thread was inspired by another that was created quite some time ago - and for the sake of being able to change the original post and what not I decided to make my own where I could ask various questions every week to get a little more insight on you people!

Yes, all of you! Not just the few who frequent this part of the community, I want to hear what all of you have to say! I see some of you online every day, yet we've never really had a conversation. I'm interested, so interested I will bombard you with all the questions I can think of, and please - feel free to ask questions as well!!

So I ask, "Who are you, and why are you here?"

Too broad of a question to ask? Why don't we start off simple.

"Tell us your favorite color, but not just that - tell us why it is your favorite color? Does your favorite color change frequently? Does this color trigger memories or happy thoughts? Are you aware certain colors supposedly make you feel a certain way or are associated with certain emotions?"

A little extra information I found...

Black Symbol of menace or evil, popular as an indicator of power. Associated with death and mourning, unhappiness, sexuality, formality, and sophistication.

White Purity or innocence. Cold, bland, and sterile.

Red Evokes strong emotions, associated with love, warmth, and comfort. Still considered an intense and angry color that creates feelings of excitement, intensity, sexuality.

Blue A favorite color for many people and the color most preferred by men. Gives the feelings of calmness or serenity. Described as peaceful, tranquil, secure, and orderly.

Green Symbolizes nature and the natural world. Represents tranquility, good luck, health, and jealousy. Symbol of fertility, has a calming effect and relieves stress.

Yellow Cheery and warm, but can also create feelings of frustration and anger. Most fatiguing to the eye (that’s why you’ll rarely see a bright yellow website or a room painted with yellow with the exception of playrooms for kids) yet most attention-getting color (so great color for important details or calls to action- remember the yellow stop/caution color).

Purple Royalty and wealth, wisdom and spirituality, sex and relationships, exotic and special.

Brown Natural color that evokes a sense of strength and reliability, warmth, comfort, and security.

Orange Blatant and vulgar color, makes you feel excitement, enthusiasm, and warmth. As a combination of red and yellow it’s often used to draw attention.

Pink Associated with love, romance, youth, freshness and may have a calming effect. Pink affects depends on the type of pink (strong, light, deep etc).

Another question;

Let's say all your laundry is done, and all your clothes are laid out and easy to find. What outfit would you put together and why? Or maybe... do you have a specific accessory or article of clothing you love the most? Why do you love it so much?

Last edited by Schizophrenic; 12-08-2012 at 04:55 AM.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Orange Blatant and vulgar color, makes you feel excitement, enthusiasm, and warmth. As a combination of red and yellow it’s often used to draw attention.
    Vulgar? I don't think so.

Anyway, my favorite color, orange, hasn't changed since I was able to pick a color (so a long freaking time ago). I've always loved orange and always will. It's quirky, bright, and spunky. It also just so happens to be the color of my favorite holiday - Halloween. Orange always makes me smile and I own a ton of orange shirts as they always pick up my mood and make me happy.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Quote Originally Posted by ISOS_Duke View Post
    Unlike Xavi, I can't stand orange; for whatever reason it confuses me O.o
    We can't be friends anymore. I'm making it Facebook official. XP

- hangouts -

Quote Originally Posted by ISOS_Duke View Post
    But I told you Braden's poop story! You're the only one that knows it!
    Forever friends as we're united over poop. <3

- hangouts -

hmm... i don't have a favorite color. i just... don't have that sort of attachment to colors. ):

but, once upon a time, i really liked a particular shade of blue (deep navy shades). i also like gray. well, i guess, if i had to pick a color, turquoise. or teal. or both, cyan, in some cases too. hahaha. essentially, almost all shades/variants of blue. with splashes of green and white? haha. idk.

also, weird comment, but it should be read as: Pink AFFECTS depending on etc etc etc... idk.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

I will never haphazardly take a list from some psycho babble website again! xD

For me... my favorite color is currently green. "Electric Lizard Green" to be precise. It is the color that is going in my hair pretty soon and I'm very excited. I don't know... red was my favorite color for so long... I guess I got bored with it. Is it possible to get bored of colors? Haha~

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    I love a sunset orange. Beautiful light, but deep and meaningful. Its absolutely lovely to me and I have to agree with the color description. It easily attracts my attention and reminds me of the calm after the storm (It became my favorite color after a hurricane passed and I went to the marina to find myself looking across a sunset. It was amazing. Absolutely amazing.) and occasionally does, in some strange way, energizes me.

I actually have many different favorite colors. Teal is that color that really does get me happy, reminds me of the ocean and just water in particular... and maybe the jacket that my girlfriend wears most of the time. Heh heh. Pale yellow, black and white are interchangible, depending on my mood. Being an artist, my mood is easily infulenced by colors and music, so every favorite color changes every once in a while, but they cycle through, again and again.

That color orange is my favorite. :3 So bright and funky, like me!

- hangouts -

I love that color green, too! I pretty much love all the bright colors, especially neon yellow-green. I think I have at least two shirts that are this color. I also have a pair of faded neon yellow shorts. XD My mom's always complaining about my bright fashion style. lol

- hangouts -

Ugh, I have to take a picture of these pants I have. My mother is the same way! She says they give her a headache. xD

Oh here's a picture of them. This isn't my pair - but they are the exact same thing.

^ what the.... lol.

i don't even... i. yeah. okay. my wardrobe is... pretty much all... normal, lawlz. dark/neutral colors with some splashes of bolder shades for like highlights/accents/etc. idk. i'm not bold. and i look really awkward in extremely bright clothes, haha.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

More people should tell me their favorite color, or favorite outfit to wear.

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    A pair of boot cut dark jeans with a design that I had done on them in Sharpie marker. The swirls start at the first belt loop on the right leg and continue down into a large octopus design and stops at my knee. There's this one sweater that I have that is dark blue in color, with sunset orange horizontal stripes of varying widths. It has a low cut, so I love to wear it with an undershirt that matches the color of the stripes on the sweater. Above all that, I have a dark gray coat that has two columns of buttons and stops about mid-thigh. I usually leave it open, but this time of year outside calls for me to wear it closed.

Of course, I love this outfit because it makes me feel smart. People tell me that I'm brilliant when they just look at my report card, but I don't feel it. If anything, I feel bored. This whole outfit, especially if I wear it with my glasses, makes me feel like what people call me.

The one specific accessory that I love the most would be my braided ring. It is a size to big, but it fits on my thumb well enough to be used for a twitching object. I like to spin it when I'm nervous or bored. There's also the fact that it is simple enough to be worn with any outfit.

When I was a child my favorite color was green. I was notorious for staking literal claim on the color and once became very angry because a woman was wearing what was believed to be my color.

I'm a lot more fond of a spectrum of colors now and often have a hard time choosing. I'm very fond of emerald greens and teals (which sometimes push into blues), orange and black. There isn't any reason behind why I like them but I go through phases periodically where I will only use one monochrome at a time. Red, orange and yellow were my last attraction but I'm finding myself drawn more and more to grey scales.
    If you were evil, then do evil.
    If you were good, did you regret it?
    Were you successful? Were you clever?
    When you wanted it, did you get it?
    Well, here's your chance, do it again. Do it through me, but it's still you sin.
    I want to taste it, no consequences.
    We'll give each other a second chance.

In case anyone was wondering, orange is still my favorite. XD

Also, I asked my boyfriend what his fav color is. He said gray. Here's what gray means:
    Positive and Negative Traits of Gray

Positive keywords include: reliable, conservative, dignified, neutral, impartial, professional, mature, intelligent, classic, solid, stable, calming, sudued, reserved, elegant, formal and dependable

Negative keywords include: indecisive, non-emotional, indifferent, boring, sad, depressed, lifeless, lonely, isolated
    Sounds like my boyfriend, if you ask me!

- hangouts -