Login to your account

Thread: Hi there

Hi there

I'm Beth and really new to this sort of thing (not introductions, unfortunately you have to write them everywhere) but to roleplaying. I started three-four months ago with a few avatar sites friends and thought it was really fun, and a great way to figure out new characters for the short-stories I like to write.

I've had this site book marked for about a week and finally found the courage to join. I'm kind of shy, always had trouble making friends- though it seems easier on the net somehow. Either way, I thought I'd join, make some new friends hopefully and get better at roleplaying.

Nice to meet you guys.

Welcome to WTF.

You'll find that we have lots of friendly, helpful people here. Don't worry at all about being new to roleplaying or being shy- we are a pretty welcoming bunch all in all. (Except for me, I'm a mean old lady.) I think you'll be able to find a bunch of fun games where you can work on character development and learn more about roleplaying, if that is what you want to do.

I'm glad to see new faces around here and glad you got up the courage to join. I think you'll do well here if you are interesting in writing.

Welcome to the site!

And, hey, we all have to start somewhere, right? (;

In any case, as Utopia has already told you, the site is both welcoming and friendly—everyone is always eager to include.

I know there are some new games popping up (you should check those out) or you can look through the featured games—Palaima is a good place to start. I'm not personally involved with it, but it's an open, free-range world with strong elements of fantasy intertwined. Or, if you're more of a slice-of-life, happily-ever-after kind of gal, there's an upcoming, not-yet-started To Live Happily Ever After.

And, of course, there's plenty to chose from. You can either start browsing in the search threads or checking up on the advertisement sub-forum. Granted, the interest/brainstorming place is also a good place to check out if you're looking for a game that hasn't quite started yet.

But, if you're just looking to get some directed advice on improving as a rp'er, you could always drop by the Ready For Improvement thread. At the moment it is a bit tied up (owner of the thread is, currently, busy), but it is a good place to check out if you'd like some help with a few technical bits.

Having said all that, welcome to the site again and have a good time. (;

Last edited by joonsexual; 07-01-2012 at 11:00 PM.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Hello, hello! Welcome to WTF. :3 I'm glad you got over your shyness and signed up! We're a pretty friendly bunch (even Utopia - she's exaggerating) - so I'm sure if you put yourself out there, you'll be rping up a storm in no time. :3 Some of us are a little shy ourselves and so our form of putting ourselves out there is to start games or 1x1 request threads, so have a good look at what's out there and I'm sure you'll find something to your tastes. :3

If you have any problems or questions, please don't be afraid to ask. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Welcome to WTFRPG!
    This is a really fun site with lots of interesting RPs so I bet you'll enjoy your time in here.
    If you have any questions, even ones that feel silly, let us know!

When the world is darker than I can understand
    When nothing turns out the way I planned
    When the sky turns grey and there's no one in sight
    When I can't sleep through the lonely night

I think you'll find that making friends on here is pretty easy. For the most part, we're all laidback individuals that love roleplaying just as much as the next.

Anyway, it's nice to see a new face and I hope you enjoy your stay.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Utopia; Thank you. Can see there are some pretty friendly people here (even the mean old ladies seem really nice). I hope so

JingRAWR; Thank you. Yes, I guess we all do. So I've noticed, so many friendly people greeting me! Palaima seems really interesting, think I'm going to take a closer look at it after I've read some more about the character system.

Maneki Neko; Hi! Thank you. I noticed that. I hope so, think I might try Palaima- it seemed pretty easy going

Gess Jahd; Thank you. I'll do that

Xavirne; It sure seems like it. Everyone sure is friendly! Thank you

Haha, yeah, Palaima has a very interesting set-up.

And, I forgot to mention this in the other post, but your avatar makes me crave tea and sweets, haha.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

It looks pretty fun Haha, do love sweets and tea- really like baking (except for muffins, for some reason they always go kaboodle)

Welcome! (To both the awesome world of roleplaying and WTFRPG)

You've already seen first hand how warm and relaxed this place really is. It's easy to make this site a part of your daily routine - at least in my eyes. xD I hope to see a lot of you around here! ^__^
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Hey there!

You've already had many welcomings, but I'm going to add mine to the bunch. Please feel free to ask or come to me (or anyone) if you have questions/are confused/dont know where to start/are bored. Palaima is a good place to start (I'm in that one, I love it), but I also recommend checking out Predatory Instincts, it's a mecha rp but very supernatural and character based. A lot of interesting folks in there, and a really good structured plot line that still has lots of freedom.

Just explore, chat, ask questions, and see what you like best! Welcome and I hope you love it here.
    Looking for Rps! Message me!

Schizofrenic: Thank you Yes, I sure did- quite a nice surprise. It sure feels like it, might be even more routine when I've joined a roleplaying game (or do you just call them games here?)

a91nicole: Hi! Thanks. I will do that Haha, well then maybe I'll meet you there when I've gotten a character done? Mecha? Supernatural sounds cool, and always nice meeting interesting and friendly people

Well, if you are thinking about joining PI (Predatory Instincts) let me know and I'll work with you to get a character shaped up. I know it states that it's full but it's never really full. I figure characters will come and go as they please. Besides, there are two sides as well as a third side that's yet to be revealed.

Anyway, welcome and maybe I'll see you around.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Xavirne: I'll do that, thanks a lot