Login to your account

Saareda - Winter Falls

The Winter never ends for those in the kingdom of Saareda and now their king is dead (some say murdered). The old man's heir has disappeared and the kingdom faces threats from the queen, the king's illegitimate daughter and a strange man from the sea with ambitions for Saareda. The kingdom must find a ruler or it will shatter like ice.......

Tags: adventure, battles, diplomacy, epic, fantasy, magic, religion, strategy

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: Scriblette

Created: 06-17-2011, 01:03 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC

Overview

Introduction

Saareda has never known summer. It is a kingdom so far north that the spring never climbs the steep slopes to warm the villages and castle. The king is finally dead. The old man hung so tenaciously to his life that his subjects wondered if they would ever get to see his heir, Carraigh Duinese, ascend to the throne. The only problem is that Carraigh has disappeared. The kingdom swirls in discontent as the Queen, the king's illegitimate daughter and a usurper from the seas to the south grasp for the throne. The castle servants, the Royal guardsmen, and the courtiers all seek different rulers, so the conflict is tossing the kingdom into unrest.

A faction of religious men lead by their Abbod seeks to maintain the peace while the kingdom searches desperately for it's lost son. The order of Lomnoch Deus is respected and feared throughout the kingdom, but their reputation may not be enough to hold the tenuous peace. 

Rules

I was hoping to only have one group of foreign Usurpers, so please don't try to make this into a nation v. nation war. I'd prefer it be an internal conflict with a single outside threat.

In this reality, magic comes at a ridiculously high price. You may be able to use a defensive spell in a pinch, but it needs to have a serious effect on your character's well-being. I'd rather no one turn up as a magical “prodigy” who defrosts the windows and tidies the cottage magically at no cost.

Carraigh will probably not be returning in this run of the game. So I don't think we will need a Carraigh. Please don't fixate on playing him, since he'll likely only be an invisible force, rather than a present character.

You're all old enough to write well and have rp experience, so I ask that you use maturity and respect in your dealings. I don't want to lay down a bushel of rules, so let's start with no godmodding and only mutual agreed upon kills.