Login to your account

Thread: OOC : The Chessmen

I'm sure this post will get spiffy one day, but that day is not today!

---------- Post added at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

Hokay!

The basic information is up now! Some areas are still a little sketchy and I'm completely welcoming feedback on the dice rolls scale. I want a reasonable element of risk, but I also want the game to be fun.
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Humble Farmer With a Sword MarineViolet's Avatar
    Land of Rocks and Dust (the midwest United States)
    Nevermind.

I love this idea dear, but I don't think I'm going to be able to participate. I'm not up for it. I'm incredibly sorry, but I hope this game goes very well, and I wish you the best of luck!
    Last edited by MarineViolet; 06-29-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    *is a filthy homestuck*
    Find me here!

Lurk, lurk, lurk~ :B
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

No worries, Marine Violet. :3 If you change your mind, we'll be here. xD Or I'll be here, anyway. Hahaha. xD

Halloooo Schiz. xD Hanging out or only lurking? xD
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Btw -

I've edited a few little areas in the game "Overview" section (mainly clarifying one or two places and adding what I expect for bios).

I also wrote a bio for my character to give people an idea of how to work on their own. (I'm using a sort of token icon for him right now. It doesn't matter for me if we use realistic-art, anime/comic-art, or photographs for characters. So the first one to have a preference will set the tone. I'll want them all to match at least as far as "art versus photos". xD ) Or we could all use pictures of chess pieces or chessboards and choose any photos/art that ends up in the character's bio itself. Again - it doesn't matter to me. xD

Annnnnnnnnnd... I wrote an "origin" story/post for Nathaniel. I do not remotely expect anything as long as what I wrote, but I guess I was just in the mood.

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Also - I've not decided on how I want to limit superpowers, but people could use this as a basis for now:

http://nmutantacademy.proboards.com/...splay&thread=6
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Noting that my best friend is interested in playing. Her schedule is fairly open, but as she's Australian, evening times for US are the best times. There are several days in the week where she'd be able to wake up at a time that's a bit early for her while being after dinner for the US.

Since no one has attempted to "claim" a character slot yet (well, except me. xD) - there should be enough positions free. She's unlikely to want to play the Queen and that's the only position that doesn't have two. But, of course, if you have your eye on any position in particular, you should at least let me know you're eying it. xD

I'll try to work on the powers you can choose from tonight, but as before, if there's a power you're interested in having and I've either not sorted out the powers when you get around to designing your character, or it doesn't end up on the list, just shoot me a message/post here. I'm pretty open to other powers, though I won't be listing a ton of them.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Humble Farmer With a Sword SUPERKICKS's Avatar
    A land full of wonders and over bearing elders.
    Lurking...

I think I may go ahead and create a character for a Knight position. I've always been a good knight character. xD
    Strength is my thang~.

But I'm not sure yet... But... I'm lurking...

xD Feel free to lurk away until the idea solidifies. :3 Having someone on the fence about a specific position might at least encourage me to spend some time working on the powers. xD
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Just posting a bit of an update:

My friend is unlikely to do any work on her character until after AVCon - which is at the end of this month. I mean, she might - I didn't ask the last few days since she's been sick and starting her new semester of college and working on artwork for her table at AVCon (plus she'd just finished a costume and I'm pretty sure she'll be making another costume or costumes for AVcon specifically).

Anyway, just rambling that she's a bit busy, however, when the first person who is ready and has a bio and a day of the week that's good for them, I'm perfectly willing to start. xD Whether that person is my friend Min or someone who's posted here, or someone entirely new. xD

I probably won't work on the powers thing until someone goes, "Plox so I can finish my bio?" or something like that. Mostly because I want to write a little more than just a down-the-row-list of powers you can choose from. xD;
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin