Login to your account

Thread: predatory ● instincts ● recruitment

predatory ● instincts ● recruitment

Treasure Hunting + Mecha + Ghost Slaying + Action-Adventure + Supernatural
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    Link to roleplay | Link to OOC
    | Link to Profiles

Spirits from another world have crossed over into earth and are trying to destroy the planet. Technology is super basic so the weapon's are pretty much guns and simple rifles. Nothing super crazy and certainly no lasers or weapons of mass destruction. Twenty-five years ago, something terrible happened, which rendered most technology useless. People are lucky if they can get their lights to work.

Needless to say, our weapon's aren't working. We can hurt them, but we can't kill them. Problem, I think yes. People are losing hope and the battle against the spirits continues to toy with the minds of the Americans. Truth is, if America can't win the war, no one can. The other countries across the globe are rooting for America just as America is rooting for them. But, hope continues to dwindle as the stage continues to worsen. That is until a new organization surfaced.

A top secret government agency has been monitoring the spirits for over ten years. After ten years of building super computers and an underground headquarters, the leader of this group finally decided it was time to make their grand appearance. At first, people mocked them, but upon seeing what the agency had in their pockets, they grew to respect and adore the group.

As of recent, the agency had a scientific breakthrough. If the information proves to factual, then America will finally be able to fight back and begin its trek toward victory. The agency has discovered that the spiritual beast's weakness lays in a machine more powerful than man alone. A weapon so great that it can cripple skyscrapers and flatten a forest.

With a new sense of hope in tact, the agency puts forth a challenge. They are looking for nine recruits that will become gods among broken men. Rallying up a group of misfits, the agency sends these nine agents out to find said weapons. These weapons are from a distant past - 100 years ago, in fact. They are mecha and they are scattered across America. Now, there's a catch. You can't just find a mecha and ride it. No, you need a special
    gem that can only be found in historical ruins and ancient tombs. These tombs belong to the gods worshipped before people like Columbus, meaning the gems are found outside America in places like Egypt, China, South America, etc.

To find the mechas, the agents have to find the tombs that hold these special gems. The gem's color correlates with the gem's element, which gives the mecha its strength and ability to kill spirits. Gauntlets are the only thing used to obtain gems and each gauntlet can only hold so many gems (unless they report back to HQ and request an upgrade). To start off, each gauntlet wearing agent will only be able to obtain three gems.

But don't think this will be an easy mission. It's far from easy. You see, you're up against Judgement Day, a group of humans who have devoted their soul to the spiritual beasts. Seeking immortality, these humans now serve the spirits and fight with a loyal beast. Knowing of the mecha and gems, it's a race against time to see who stumbles upon these treasures. If Judgement Day arrives before you, you can be certain to cross that mecha and gem off your list. Sadly, both gems and mecha are rare. What's even rarer if finding you, mecha and gems. That's right, you can't just harness any gem for, if you do, terrible things could happen to you. You are only compatible with a certain type.

Time is running out. The number of demonic ghosts continues to increase at an exponential rate. The world lays in the hands of the chosen agents.

Good luck and God bless America.
    Last edited by Xavirne; 07-09-2012 at 10:08 PM.

You guys should seriously check it out. its Mechs but super original and with a great plot

Also its open to anyone, so if you're new to WTF this is a great rp to start with! Xavi is a great GM.
    Looking for Rps! Message me!

Lies! I'm a horrible GM. I'm sarcastic, witty, and laugh too much. Terrible qualities to have in a GM. XD

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Sounds tempting. I know this is a dumb question, but could I port over my half giant character from another forum? He would fit well, if I can make him fit.
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

Sure thing! I'm totally willing to work with whatever you've got.

- hangouts -

Sweet. Now I just need to figure out why there are giants in modern America in order to explain away this eight foot tall man.
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

I've got a few suggestions you could probably run with.

Since this is super far in the future, science could have altered genes and DNA, allowing people to grow taller than usual. Some genetic engineering, of sorts.

Although eight foot is freakishly tall, it is quite possible that he was born that way. He would just be a 'freak' of nature, but totally possible.

Again, since science had progressed so much, he could have been a test tube baby and was genetically altered so that he would be able to survive in changing environments. He would have been one of the experiences that was given height to see if it would prove useful.

I feel like hormonal drugs could be smuggled on the blackmarket and, perhaps, he got ahold of them that way? The drugs could have given him a height boost.

You can pretty much use anything. It's one of the perks of being in the future. Although some things such as technology and drugs and advances in medicine are at an all time low right now doesn't mean they can't be found. You just have to know where to look or who to ask. :P

- hangouts -

The thing is, he's proportionally accurate for a built male, so he's not lanky, just huuuge. I figure he'd be a mechanic in this world, so that, should he get access to a mecha, he could hollow parts of it out so he can fit. I like the hormones idea, but I don't see him being the type to take shots, so it'd probably be an experiment to grow him at 1.5x normal or somesuch.

That works. Or, I suppose you could take a darker twist, and he could have been kidnapped. XD

But yes, I like the experiment idea and a mechanic is actually a great role to have. I can see him being the go-to guy when out on missions and such.

- hangouts -

I figure, being huge, he'd have massive strength and endurance, but low low low speed and defense (there is no way you can manage to miss him I figure, but he can take it). Perfectly average intelligence, though. He made it through high school (or whatever they have now).

Sounds good to me! I look forward to seeing him.

- hangouts -

I've started Duke's profile but until I get home that's about as much as I can do

That's fine. There's no rush. I'm still... finishing out... the finer details... of the... story. >.<;

- hangouts -

I know it's even bigger, but I feel more comfortable having him be 9'3", since he is supposed to be 1.5x bigger than normal, so expect that change to happen soon. By the way, I'm considering having him be in the process of building a mech himself (that will ultimately fail) based off of the "old legends"/something he saw one day in Arizona or something. Which is why he strips cars for fun. I mean, what mechanic can't fit or otherwise use the stuff they repair? I mean, he could use a Corvette as a skateboard or something but I think the want to have a mech of his own is enough reasoning. Your thoughts, Xav?

Princess is going to feel like a shrimp beside him. He will secretly be shooting you with lightning...from his eyes.

That's totally possible! It might not even fail. It is probably a functioning mech, but, without the gauntlet and gems, it wouldn't work. So he could just figure he failed or something when, in reality, it's totally functional and awesome!

Yes! Corvette as a skateboard. I envision him being an inventor in a sense. Sycom will probably run ideas by him, too. So expect Sycom to immediately like Duke.

- hangouts -

I feel like Bili is just going to be like "Dude, I don't care if you're four feet taller than me, you can't push me around!"
    Looking for Rps! Message me!

He's an interesting character, that's all I can really say. He's (in my opinion, since Xav is GM, it might not end up being so) elementally aligned with fire, as he's naturally antagonistic and not afraid nor unwilling to inflict pain, but he protects and watches over those he cares for (however if they can't hold their own, he will not like them). Thus: fire.

He fights with a thick 8 foot pipeshaft/gaff stick.

NOTE:
    If you're still interested in joining after this starts, please PM me and I can work something out. I'm more than willing to accommodate and accept eager members into this story.

- hangouts -

THIS JUST IN:
    Due to my unexpected hiatus, this roleplay died. Since I love the concept and feel others do too, I am looking to remaster this game. Depending on interest, it will become a Full-Feature Roleplay Game in the fall or winter. Please express your interest below. Characters can be revamped (should you want to keep your current ones) or you can start over fresh. I do believe a few people are not frequenting WTFRPG as much as they used to so they might not rejoin the game. Either way, all positions will be opened once the game is officially remade. -Xavi.

Duke's in, all 9 feet of him

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.
    This seems interesting too. . . Are newbs allowed to join?

Most certainly! New and old are welcome to join ^_^

- hangouts -

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.
    Really!? Thanks. I will certainly join this. After my job, I will most certainly make a character.

Ha ha. Well, there's no rush. I need to remake the game first. You can certainly make a character and keep it in the "Character Pool" and, when the roleplay is created this fall, I will send you a link so you can transfer your character there.

But, by all means, feel free to get a head start. For the layout, I recommend checking out any of the characters in the original game and copying that layout.

- hangouts -

Ah! That's a good idea. Thanks!

No problem! Glad I could help :3

- hangouts -

XD And I think it worked!
    Hey, we weren't fated to meet by chance
    I probably happened to be
    the last place you took refuge in

~Last Cross by Masami Mitsuoka (5th OP of KHR)