Login to your account

Thread: [RP Resume] - Prompts to flex your RP muscles!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[RP Resume] - Prompts to flex your RP muscles!

Note: This is a "port" of a thread I made on Menewsha in 2007. You can read the original thread to see how people have used it in the past, if you like!

Welcome to the Role-Playing Resume Thread!

Purpose
    In this thread, you can read the "prompts" below and write your own scenes based on the prompts. Please feel free to participate in this thread as often as you like!

- This will allow you to "role-play" without committing to a game yet.
    - This will let you test out new character ideas/flex your writing skills without, again, committing to a game or character.
    - This can be used as a way to show "GMs" (Game Masters), thread hosts, or prospective 1x1 partners role-playing samples - which is very useful if you haven't had much role-play experience yet!
    - This can even be used to test out situations you might never usually put your original characters (OCs) into, without having to mess them up in your regular role-playing timeline.

For an extra challenge, try rolling dice to let the dice choose which characteristics you use!

I suggest (but do not require) that you use the form below when posting your samples!

[b][u]USER:[/u][/b]
    [U][B]SEEKING?[/B][/U]
    [U][B]CRITIQUE ME HERE:[/B][/U]
    [U][B]PROMPT-CODE:[/B][/U]
    [B][U]SAMPLE:[/U][/B]

USER: - Your username, just for clarity.

SEEKING? - Are you seeking role-play and willing to be contacted? Make note if you would be open to being contacted by PM or thread (leave a url!) by interested role-players or GMs!

CRITIQUE ME HERE - If you're looking for feedback on your prompt, why not make a thread in the Mentoring forum with your sample? If you do so - leave the URL here!

PROMPT-CODE: Which Prompts did you use? ex: A-4-c. This allows GMs/others to read your exact prompt so they can judge how you did.
    If you used an original character (OC), please feel free to link to more information!

SAMPLE IS AS FOLLOWS: Your writing sample. Please feel free to write as much as you like!
    Last edited by Knerd; 02-13-2013 at 12:11 AM.
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin