Login to your account

Thread: Calling those that want improvement.

Calling those that want improvement.

CALLING ALL PLAYERS.

Hey there! Right. I have an idea that may help the site.

Some people here need help roleplaying. Some people could use a little guidance. Maybe you are new? Maybe writing isn't something that comes to you easy?

Thing is, we are here cause we love to create stories. Alone or with others. Either way, we want to write and have fun. But some people aren't good at writing. Some people can't put feelings to words. Some people lack the confidence.

I have read some peoples posts. The writing is less than great but the ideas are gold. Some people never even post as they fear that they are too amateur to roleplay. I denounce this notion.

I think we need to grab all the noobs and anyone that is less than confident posting and give them a chance to get better.

I plan to launch a roleplay shortly. One for people WILLING to get better at roleplaying. Think of it as a tutorial. What I plan is that you are put in different situations, and have to react. We will then make notes and suggestions on it.

We have so many users and some feel isolated due to lack of skill. You SHOULD NOT fell this way!

If you are willing, you should join up. Wanting to improve is admirable and will perhaps expand your choice of roleplays. Who knows? Perhaps this will open new doors for you.

As people with a passion for roleplaying, is it not our job to make this place more fun? If we help some of the less confident players, we may have more great writers and new ideas in our games. Important note! I would like a few of the better players to help me out. In no way do I think I am awesome, so I am trying to act like mister RP badass. But yeah.

So I invite anyone to try and improve using my game. Please, I would love to help people feel better about their posts. Anyone wanting to join the game to give notes on posts, please pm me. Anyone wanting to try this, leave a comment.

I will soon post some do's and don'ts.

Thanks for your time. Hope to hear some interest.
    Last edited by Misaru; 06-01-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Checkmate.

Would you stop pointing it out every time?

I'd be willing to help . . . I figure I'm an RP beast . . . and have some notions about RPing others don't . . . >___>' So yeah . . . I'd be willing to be a "help people improve / stop obsessing over shit that does'n't need obsessing over".

So far, (I KNOW I ONLY JUST LAUNCHED THIS) but I seem to have three people willing to help already! So that is awesome. But let's hope some users want to get better!

Checkmate.

Same here! I'd be willing to help... even though I'm in an awkward lurch at the moment...

I mean, if nothing else, I can still mold and help shape the basics, lol. (:

P.S. I'd also LIKE some help, but...it's more for refinement than for... grappling with building blocks and the likes. Or maybe I need that too. Idk. lol.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Jing. Your posts are rather insightful and fun to read. If I can say from personal experiance, all you need to do is have a little more faith in your writing. You seem to lose a little faith in yourself and your characters. From Antebellum you are doing awesome! I mean, you are discriptive and a joy to read. Somethings are unclear, but that is fun! That gives it open for discussion. You let players define parts of the game. That is why I love playing Alrira. I feel like I can define what I need for myself without getting yelled at.

Checkmate.

IWANNAHELPTOO!
    But you already know this.
    Last edited by Xavirne; 06-01-2012 at 06:48 PM.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Like I said jing, be an overconfident butthole like me . . . I know I fail in some places, but this is a blood game . . . treat it like one, and don't get down on yourself when things aren't looking as spiffy as you want them to . . . it's how I do it . . .

Haha, it's not that I don't believe I am a capable writer. I'm fairly confident in that respect.

Rather, I'm simply seeking improvement to areas I know I'm lacking in. I want to broaden my scope and try out various things—maybe develop a style I find more suitable or enjoyable or, you know, good. (:

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

I know what you mean, totally, I just sort of do it myself . . . pick a character and go with it . . . doing it with Charles and Addison and Greg right now, well not so much that last mission with the whole forced OOC thing . . . but I plan to get back into a groove now! >D

So, Seems I have more than enough people helping! NEW PLAYERS! WHERE ARE YOU. WE NEED YOU!

Checkmate.

I don't need extensive mentoring, but if y'all would like to give me advice, I would love to hear it. I've an open mind and an open ear.
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

My curiosity is piqued, I applied to join!
    Last edited by Artsydaze; 06-04-2012 at 01:21 AM.

How lovely! I must say I am sorry, I would have gotten started already but timezones. Stupid Scotland, why does it have to be three am here? I shall be up nice and early and start posting!

Checkmate.

No worry, A few hours of waiting is not the end of the world... and sleep is important too!

Oh my! Sleep is an odd concept. Very odd. I rarely sleep. XD

Checkmate.