Login to your account

Thread: Can someone help?I'm lost D:

Can someone help?I'm lost D:

I'm not quite sure how forum roleplays work...sooo..I don't know what to do here or how to start...I'm really lost..*sweatdrops* so if someone could help me it be much appreciated!Because i need it..;-;

There are two formats of RPing you can do:

1. Regular thread based (and I assume you came from a site like Gaia, Menewsha, Ernya, or any other board) and you've done thread based RPing. Regulard thread based RPs are the same as any of those sites, takes place in a thread with the forums.

2. The Full Feature Tab Roleplay system, the one you see when you click "Roleplay" at the top of the sites page. This system is basically like it's own self contained forum, with the locations within the RP being threads. The games themselves can be setup differently depending on the host, but how it works is:

>> Go to the roleplay tab.
    >> Click "New Roleplay".
    >> Fill in the boxes.

I would suggest taking a look at some of the established games, just to see how some people setup their games.

With the Full Feature Tab RPs, you'll notice it's a self contained game and inside there are individual tabs that take you to different places within the game.

>> Overview, being the entire overview of the game. All the information you need to know as a player. The overview, given the RP, is often updated and added to and expanded by the host and co-host (if there is one).

>> Characters, takes you to see all the accepted characters in the RP. You also go to this tab and click "New Character" at the top of the page to join the game; this will being up a built in character template and you just fill in the boxes. It is important to check over the character section of the RP's overview to know what the host of the game wants.

Same game hosts have their games set so that new characters must be approved. Some games do not (like the WTF Multiverse" a good place to start and get your barrings, even if you don't actually do anything RP, it helps to get used tot he system.)

>> Game World, takes you to the games world (a bunch of threads) where you do all your posting. Some games setup their worlds differently than others.

Some hosts build location by location (planet to country to city to building) (universe to planet to country to province to city) or (school with different classrooms, locations around the campus) and as characters move through the world they move to each of the locations made and play our the story until they move again to another location. [example 1] [example 2] [example 3]

Some hosts do chapter based games (acts or parts), each "location" being a new chapter or act or part of the story/game [example 1] [example 2] [example 3].

Some hosts do mission based games, every "location" being a new mission the players play out [example].

>> Game Log, is a log of all the posts made in the game from post one onward. It's organized by post date, not by location, in a ascending order.

>> Recent Posts, shows you the most recent post made in the game in descending order.

>> Journals, takes you to all the character journals made by players. Some games also use the journal section to create journals that expand on the information in the games overview (like MAPS! which has a "Planets & Peoples", "Widgets, Gadgets, Stuff and Things", and "Maps & Floor Designs" journals that expand on the world).

>> OOC, takes you to all the OOC threads made for that particular game. Some games have more than one used for different things. Some hosts like to create an OOC for plotting and discuss and one for chatting.

You can subscribe to Full Feature Games like threads and they will appear in your subscribe threads (jumping to the top of the list whenever there is a new post.)

>> Most people use the regular threads for one on one roleplay, and the full feature system for group roleplaying. You can do either or.

Hopefully this helps you a little bit. If you have more questions just ask.
    Last edited by Strude; 05-26-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Thank you so much!I actually understand more now. ^^

You're very welcome, if you need anymore help just drop me a visitor message or PM (I love random visitor messages either way! >D)

Strude, handling things like a CHAMP.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

It's in my nature . . . gotta get the first and last word . . . ALWAYS! >D