Login to your account

Thread: Traditional RPG (the pen and paper sort)

Lightbulb Traditional RPG (the pen and paper sort)

I want to run a traditional rpg.

This means I want to run something with stats, dice and a system. I was thinking DnD 3.5 or Palladium. I could also run RIFTs, GURPs, Shadowrun, BESM, or a number of other systems. Needless to say, I want something with rules and form.

I am old school. I have the books and the desire to put together a game. I am also willing to teach people how to play and build a character. So, anyone interested?

HA! I have 3.5 Monster Manual and DM Guide! >D

NEVER used them though, had a friend who convinced me to buy them . . . I'm a D&D scrub, total fail here. Not sure if I'm interested or not, might be. All depends. Only benefit for me is having the books so I don't COMPLETELY noob out! >D

Yay monster manual! I have the 1st edition Monster Manual still and it makes me giggle every time I open it.

I've always wanted a group of players to lock a beholder in the bathroom only to realize it was the only bathroom in the fortress and be stuck going out a window or something.

I have been interested in testing D&D irl. I even went to a place where you could play it. It wasn't a game that day though and I haven't been there again...

Anyway, I'm just saying that I'm interested. As I haven't played that game I don't know the rules nor have any dices. Thanfhully there's a dice on here and a place called random.org
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

I would likely use the dice roller on here for things. I can help people learn how to play as well. I am leaning toward ADnD (or second edition D&D) simply because I hate the idea of having to create so many maps for the game...but I will if people prefer the 3/3.5 version of Dnd. I refuse to play 4th edition because the whole system fills me with frothy rage.

I can also run a number of other gaming systems. BESM (Big Eyes, Small Mouth) lends itself well to forum/online games because the stats are pretty easy and you just need a couple of d6. Also, I have the basic rules for it typed up already.