Login to your account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OOC: Magic for Hire

OOC: Magic for Hire

OOC: Magic for Hire
    Private 1x1 with Utopia & NomDePlume

A place to come up with plot points, ideas, town locations and other details for the Game Magic for Hire.

Legendary Adventurer NomDePlume's Avatar
    Gorgeous RP design darling. I am under the thought that everyone is a better editor than I.

Anyway- that sounds like an awesome idea. I can visualize their dwarf secretary being called Stella and having the awesome eyerolling power at their laziness. Funny that neither of them are really not organized planners- but on opposite sides of planning. Cassius will be along the lines of: "filing- why file? I have all these files organized by- eh- system- that is special to male witches."

I actually see Cassius hauling around a giant tome around of his spells- he can scry, protect people from ghosts, make curses, and make fireballs- you just have to give him an hour on that. Alright- kay?

So how shall our RP begin? Do you want me to start?

- - -

Also- Carmel by the Sea, California is PERFECT. Sort of felt like booking a resort for me and my hubby. Anyway. Yes the architecture and the loveliness is perfect. And a sort of sea-side city is wonderful. :3
    Last edited by NomDePlume; 04-01-2012 at 05:13 AM.

Wow! I also thought she could be called Stella or Stell. (My second thought was Rita when I kept getting Marlon Brando's voice stuck in my head.) Weird mind thingy there. I like the idea of Cassius carrying around his spell book and actually taking time to cast spells. Maybe he has a method for storing a spell or two in advance about his person.

You seem to have a much better idea about your guy than I have about mine.

I suppose I should put together a brief profile or something.

Great minds think alike? Though that is rather interesting that it was the exact same name. I'm going to chalk it up to maybe that is just what you think of when you think of a maternal dwarf character. Of course.

Yes he'll have a couple of spells on standby but for the most part he'll have to rely to a plethora of old witch's tricks to get any sort of magic done. They'll of course be quite handy when he does finish them. But they'll take a bit otherwise.

Eh- this is sort of a new/old character I've had in my head so it is easier to get a grasp on him. And I suppose we could make skeletons on them. Just brief things- would you want to post them here- or just keep them for our own personal use? I suppose they would know a few things about each other if they have been working together so far- though that may be just made up during the flow of the RP than anything.

Hm- anything else?

I was going to post a brief character skeleton here. As you said, since the two guys know each other and have been working together for a while, I would guess they know some basics about each other. Also, making a character skeleton always helps me focus on my character. I was thinking in terms of bullet points rather than long descriptive paragraphs though.

We probably ought to have an idea for the starting case and maybe a couple of periphery characters/NPCs they work with or see a lot aside from Stella.

Case #1 Ideas

Random Title thoughts: Faeries Stole My Baby!, Never Look for the Maltese Falcon, Not All Cephalopods are Related Chthulhu, Magic Wands are for Weenies...

Those are in the realm of silly.

On a more serious note, I was thinking the first case could involve a disgruntled faerie that is making off with various items that the rich powerfuls value above even their family. For some reason the faerie would see that it is owed these things (maybe the people traded a 'wish' or magic for a promise to the faerie). But obviously our guys don't know anything of the nature of the promise, they have just been hired to find the item stolen and soon multiple items that don't seem to have any connection to each other and people who don't seem to have a connection.

Alright- I shall start working on mine as well. My tablet's keyboard is acting funny so it might take a bit. Yeah no need to go out and explain everything in excrutiating detail. XD But I agree with you- it does help organize thoughts when you do that.

Of course- extra NPCs. Lets see- what about naming the familes that control the city and at least giving them a Head of the Family for reference purposes. Plausibly a detective or officer that they know on the police force. I'm figuring Cassius probably has an ex-wife (hooray?) and at least one sibling.

Those ideas made me laugh.
    XD Especially the Chthulhu one.

That sounds good- one leads to another, leads to another, etc etc. And maybe the faery's ability to get in and out everywhere it wants to go and retrieve what it wants is influenced by an outside source- the one that will inevitably throw the familes off balance. So if/when they finally do catch the faery they are pointed to the 'mastermind' of the thefts- but are plausibly derailed by another case. Should probably start with a somewhat-silly item though. Like a cat's collar- but a cat of one the Head of Family's children or something of that sort so it is OMG IMPORTANT, but not really.

Cassius Abernathy

Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Height: 6'1"
    Body Type: Pudgy
    Hair Color/Eye Color: Brown/Green
    Defining Marks: It is apparent his nose has been broken at least once- and quite possibly more than that
    Description: While he is not an imposing man given his nature- his stature speaks before he does and usually says otherwise. For a male witch he has a rather large frame that sometimes swallows doorways, and because of that is not a lithe man and can't speak for any form agility. For the most part Cassius dresses rather similarly each day- taking a fondness to three piece suits, ties, and some rather nice dress shoes. On occasion he'll sport a fedora but usually takes it off due to someone making vague remarks about how 'retro' it is. His hair is cut rather short on the sides longer on the top and usually 'fixed'- which means some odd sort of disheveled that actually looks good on him. Sometimes he styles his facial hair but usually leaves it in a swath of stubble- for fear if it got too long there would be too much red and blonde in it and he would resemble a calico cat. He used to be somewhat fit until he seperated from his wife and honestly lost the will to be overly groomed and emasculated. Now he sports an obvious paunch and an all over thickness- though considering his bone structure he holds it well. Yet Beyond that it seems as if his hands are a bit rough but that may have something to do with years of hands-on work that is called upon for being a witch.

Personality:
    Laid back, casual, and humorous are three good qualities that describe him. One could even go as far to say that he is unorganized, a bit unmotivated, and lacks a good degree of culture in social situations. Everyone is his friend and he is a friend to everyone- unless otherwise proven. Yet that almost means he lacks the ability to root out suspicious behavior unless it is just plain evident- and for some criminals it is. While he can work well individually if paired with someone else- he makes a very valuable team member.

Being a Witch: This does not mean he has powers over ever little aspect of being a magical creature- but he can usually find ways to control most situations. Unfortunately he has to rely heavily on the family grimoire to get anything really done. There are very few powers that come to him naturally- but he can see and converse with ghosts, if he has the object of the person he is looking for he can scry, and has random (almost controlled) bursts post cognition. Everything else involves ingredients and/or incantations, and that requires time. Fortunately his grimoire is one of the oldest around- passed down through his family and given to him when he exhibited a talent for it. It is also has not been worn down with time and seems almost indestructible (though Cassius does not test this).

Reputation: Cassius comes from a middle class in a society where only high class gets noticed. Still his powers turned a few heads when at an early age when he accidentally resurrected his childhood pet who had just been hit by a car. He has never been able to repeat this process, and seems the only 'resurrecting' abilities he owns is seeing and conversing with ghosts along with his post cognition.
    From there but Cassius and his sister were funded by the Head of the Guildcrests and worked for them for some time. It is hard to say what he did for them exactly- as even he doesn't seem to wish to reminisce on it but it managed to pay extraordinarly well. Somewhere in all of that he managed to get his official liscensure as a witch- which oddly enough hold quite a bit of clout. He ended up marrying the daughter to a prominent figure in the family and had one son from the failed marriage. Right- he found out a few years after his son's birth later she pretty much had a harem of adulterating males she called upon on a regular basis. The divorce was a swift thing and left him pretty much right where he started- though he does get to see Tristian on some weekends.

Cassius left that family and went to a detective agency- his powers had always been useful and finding people or things- and from there he remains to this day. He joined up with Solly shortly afterwards and managed to swing a detective liscence sometime around then- though one should be concerned whether it is real or not. He owns a rather spacious loft in a building of warehouse turned apartments, and his childhood pet is still quite alive to this day (he is beginning to think that it might be something of a zombie and has then changed the black cat's name to Lazzy- short for Lazarus- instead of its original name Blacky. Oddly enough it seems to like it better- though that shouldn't be surprising).

Family and Acquaintances:
    Father: Julius Abernathy (60) (Retired Druid- though there are still reports of a giant bear roaming about the suburbs.)
    Mother: Pearl Abernathy-Saints (53) (Cassius's predecessor witch- now retried- still on occasion makes potions and salves for the neighborhood Garden Club.)
    Sister: Cassandra Abernathy (28) (Has very powerful precognition- in adverse to Cassius's post- and has fashioned herself somewhat as a fortune teller. Was denied witch status due to Cassius beating her to it.)

Ex-Wife: Gretchen Summerbaume (29) (While her skills mostly lie in her ability to manage sums and stocks- she is a pyromancer as well- and very scarily good at it too.)
    Son: Tristian Summerbaume-Abernathy (7) (It is debatable if Tristian is truly Cassius's son, but it doesn't stop the man from treating the boy so. Either way Tristian usually stays with Gretchen unless she has 'business' (Cassius is unsure what that truly means). He has exhibited no signs of magical talent yet- which is odd given his vast heritage (or supposed vast heritage).)

Childhood Friend:
    Jack Austin (30) (Cassius's oldest friend and confidant when anything everything goes wrong. He is purely human without any talent for the supernatural, but that doesn't make him any less respected. Currently a captain for the Police- he sometimes contracts outside his own detectives and sees Cassius and Solly.)

((Well this turned out to be not-so-brief. But it isn't too juicy on his past and what not- still have room to fill in gaps and holes. c: ))
    Last edited by NomDePlume; 04-04-2012 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Added more to the description, fleshed out the reputation a bit, and gave Cassius a couple more acquaintances.

Solomon "Solly" Hirschfield

Birthday: July 6, 1978
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Height: 5'9''
    Body Type: Weedy
    Hair Color/Eye Color: Brown
    Defining Marks: A glorious, untamable Jewfro
    Description: Solly is not an imposing figure. He is actually pretty small and unassuming all things considered. He is thin, short and almost effeminate. He has a large aquiline nose and a full mouth. He isn't overly bad looking, but no one would call him handsome either. His brown hair is by far his most prominent feature. It not only adds several inches to his height, but also is completely unruly and untamable falling about his head in wild curls. He looks like he has been electrocuted- all the time. He has friendly brown eyes. Despite being short, he tends to hunch his shoulders a bit and carry himself as if he expects someone to walk out of nowhere and slug him in the nose. His clothing tends to be of good quality and fine style, but they tend to be wrinkled or lazily arranged about his person. He tends to sweaters or simple button up shirts and jeans or dockers and a pair of Chuck Taylors in a variety of colors. He usually can be found with his tweed "professor" jacket, complete with suede elbows.

Personality: Solly is a bit of a wimp. He is scared of spiders, dogs, lightning, guns, rats, mice, wasps, bees, driving in the rain, heights, needles and jelly beans. However, he isn't overly paranoid about these things showing up or being around, he is simply scared of them. He tends to be overly pessimistic and self pitying. Because of this, his humor tends to be rather dark and self-deprecating. He is easily intimidated by people larger or older than him. While he can stand up for himself, he tends not to, instead just letting those around him boss him around. Solly is unorganized, unkempt and generally disheveled. Solly is also an insomniac. In general, he needs very little sleep, maybe an hour a night, but he can go without. He enjoys reading, white wine, and impressionist jazz music.

Powers of the Mind: Solly is a technomancer- that is to say that he is a psychic with electrokinetic skills and an intuitive understanding of technology, machinery and electronics. He can control electrical currents and thus has control over computers and various electronics. While he can't necessarily build things with his mind, he can repurpose them if he tries. He an amp up the power of a tazer, get free cable and phone service, power lights and other electronics, recharge batteries and given enough wire or conductive material create magnetic fields. He can repair electronics and knows when and where they are broken. He can get information off of hard drives and storage devices without plugging them in by sensing the bits within them.

His powers are limited though. For example, he can turn on security cameras, but can't see through them. Water tends to short out his power and he is often struck by lightning so people tend to avoid him during lightening storms.

Aside from his electrokenesis, he has other psychic powers. They are much weaker than his primary power. He can tell when people are lying, but can't read their minds and on occasion he can sense strong emotions. In times of great stress or fear, he can project emotions to others.

Reputation: The Hirschfield family was once one of the wealthy and powerful families in the city. They could look down on the middle class families from their place on high and judge as the other wealthy and powerful families do. That is until Abe Hirschfield went and lost their entire fortune in a series of poor business ventures and scams. While he was alive, he was able to use his powerful Mesmer talent to keep the family's place of power by getting the rich and powerful to look the other way. However, once he died, it became obvious that the Hirschfield's had fallen from grace. Not only were they broke, but they also lost a good many of their powerful friends when people realized they weren't part of the "old money" as Abe had led everyone to believe. People still come out of the woodwork trying to get money (and revenge) out of the Hirschfield family that their father stole or scammed from them.

Everything that Solly had grown up knowing about his family was a lie. Because of this, he hasn't spoken to his mother in over 15 years when his elder sister Rebekah took him and his younger brother Isaac away and raised them using her skill in fashion and aesthetics to support them with her design business. She single handedly ensured that Solly and Isaac had food, shelter, clothes and even some extras. She also kept their mother at bay when she came around begging for money or trying to use her sons for her own gain. Rebekah put Solly and Isaac through college (with the help of some scholarships and loans).

Solly has dual degrees in Electrical Engineering and Supernatural Justice & Law. He got the Electrical Engineering degree to better utilize his gift and he got the Supernatural Justice & Law degree because he always had dreams of being a detective. Upon graduating, he apprenticed in a detective agency for a couple of years before striking out on his own. He struggled for some time before getting a slow, but steady clientele; mostly in corporate and private security.

Things really turned around when he met Cassius Abernathy and the pair of them started working together.

Family and Acquaintances:
    Father: Abraham (Abe) Hirschfield (deceased) was a fairly powerful Mesmer. By speaking, he could get people to believe him in just about anything.
    Mother: Deborah Cohen-Hirschfield is a psychic of various skill. She has mild telepathy, empathy and telekinetic skill, but nothing unique or overly powerful. She is vain; self indulged and is not above using people for her own gain. She was raised one of the nouveau-riche from San Francisco and moved to the city along with her husband Abe.
    Elder Sister: Rebekah Hirschfield has no psychic abilities so far as anyone can tell except for a perfect sense of fashion and impeccable taste. She is probably Solomon's favorite person in the world.
    Brother: Isaac Hirschfield is a telekinetic and telepath of considerable skill and repute. He has quite a bit of raw power, much more so that anyone else in his family. As such, he has always been a bit coddled and spoken of as the favored child.

Lina Nichols: This is Solly's housemate and best friend since college. She is a computer programmer and works on contract. She is also a lesbian. They have been sharing a house since college.
    Julie Smalls: Lina's long time girlfriend. Julie stays over at the house enough to be considered another housemate though she does have a place of her own. She is a chef at a small 3 star restaurant in town that specializes in farm to table cuisine.

Andrea Ruch: Solly's current girlfriend. They have been dating for a little less than four years. She is a couple years older and works for his sister. She has already turned down one proposal from Solly as she does not want to get married again.
    Hannah Ruch: Andrea's daughter from her first marriage. She is 9 years old and extremely opinionated. She also spends a lot of time in the office with Solly after school while her mom works. She currently wants to be a witch like Cassius.

((I totally stole your layout for character profile. It also came out a bit longer than I was expecting.))

Oh I love Solly already! Irrational fears are fun.
    And that is perfectly fine- glad it could be of help. I was just trying to think of everything that might be pertinent to the RP without being like: plz write 10 page history- kthnxbai. Which I could easily do seeing as I left a good gap in his employment under the Family. But figure that is not something he would talk about or honestly would come up in the RP unless they had dealings with them.
    I didn't want to do too many acquaintances though until I see what you were doing. May give him a friend on the police force, and a 'son'. I put that in quotes because I think I am going to make it very debatable on whether or not it is actually Cass's.

Anyway- lets see if we need anything else for the RP. Maybe a name for the city we are in, and just the names of the families that 'rule' it. I suppose we could always make the last part up as we go. Or just assign names to main thoroughfare of the city lik: North, South, East and West with the always tangent middle. And then make up what families fall under those later on. Beyond that I do believe we have the case sorted out and what their first adventure should be- so if you wanted to get right to it and debate the other later we can do that as well.

Ramblerambleramble sipcoffee ramble

- - -

Alright I fleshed out his profile a bit more and made it seem less 'holey'. Also gave him a son and a cop-friend which should be fun to play around with.

Also- I reread Solly's profile and totally had a: omg moment. I am surprised I didn't realize this in the first place. His birthday is the same day as my fathers, and one day after mine. Odd. Stop reading my mind Utopia. O_O
    Last edited by NomDePlume; 04-04-2012 at 07:01 PM.

I like the idea of I like the idea of the powerhouse families being North, South, East, West- perhaps we could have an underworld family sort of controlling the middle?

I have been thinking about each of the families a bit. (it is what I do while I am in the lab running tests.) I jotted down some notes on my thoughts for them. I sort of like the idea of the family from the East being a family of powerful Druids who run a vineyard and maybe some other agricultural farms. In my head, I called them the Somners, but I didn't write that down and I am not married to it. They would have made their fortune many generations back being one of the largest farms supplying food to the west coast. They have since expanded and supply food for several major grocery stores. California is a huge exporter of food, so I thought it fit. They probably own the property and controlling interest in their business and are old power in the area. Because they control food and such, they also have outside influence with statewide politics and even west coast/southwest politics. They are a multi-generational family. The Head would be on the town council after having retired from the State Senate (probably around 70ish). One of his sons would be just picking up the political mantle. And I thought it would be interesting if it was his daughter who was the CEO of the family business and another one of his sons who was the head of the vineyard.

The other idea I had for a family was the East family. They would be water or weather wizards (or something like that) and have a large shipping company that runs out of San Francisco. They would come from old money and power in Europe- probably the Mediterranean (I was thinking Spanish- which would make sense as to why they were in California). Perhaps even the family was from a line of nobles and among the first Spaniards in the area. I sort of see the head of this family as currently being an old battleaxe of a matron (like Grandma in Futurama).

As for the other two, my ideas are much more vague. I was thinking a family of psychics and a family of media moguls. But I am not really sure at this point.

An underground huh-? Like who the families go to when they can't publically show their darker hand? Could work with each family and where the disruption stems from.

Ugh- I was at the microscope all week so I didn't get much time to think. >_> Both of those sounds good- though you did call both of them East- so I'm a bit perplexed as to what is left. Either way, I like the ideas. Hah- and I know exactly what you are talking about with the matron. Ah, Futurama.

Anyway, I suppose it is only fair that I design the other two families. I had an idea for one already. They could be from the North, and the newest of the families (though that isn't saying much seeing as how long they have had time to root themselves in). Either way they could be a group of healer, thaumaturges, apothocaries, seers and what not. They are painted all white and virtious- and give to the communties (I see them backing many of the churches for 'nonprofit'). They are over all healthcare, research labs, some beauty supplies, pharmaceuticals, most insurance, clinics, any sort of medical procedure goes on they know about it, and also they are the ones over a plausible DNA screening for those that are magical- knowing before they are old enough. While the test is voluntary- maybe they are trying to lobby it to be mandatory. It is believable that they try to harness all the healing magic into their family to force others to come to them and pay into them. Yet their weakness is always trying to have a benevolent face to the crowd so that no one realizes that they have all this in their corner. So being as such they are not as powerful as they should be. I see the Head being a father-figure in his mid-50s who is as spick, span, and clean as a door-to-door salesman and charismatic as a preacher. But is also determined and cruel enough to get things done precisely. This group is probably a melting pot considering the numbers they are attempting to mass.

Since we have covered druids, healers, and weather wizards- why not have the last family do something with necromancy and the dark arts? Their money is definately old as is most of their members- as they have a hard time reigning in old traditions for newer ones. One could say that they have a heavy hand in politics, schooling, transportation, electricity- and other fundamental essentials in the city. Yet they are methodic- so much so that they are almost predictable. Still they are feared because their reptuation suceeds them as being macabre, ruthless, and probably violent- but only to those that cross them. Otherwise they are a sort of neutral force among the others. Of course maybe this has recently changed due to the Head of the family passing earlier than expected and the mantle falling to a set of fraternal twins- neither of them knowing which one is truly in charge. Maybe there is a rift in them now that is shaking their power up- and plausibly the other families see this and are currently working on realigning their borders which givevs our unknown disrupter time to move around without being detected too much. I see this group being of just ONE race and extremely happy about it as well.

Hm. As much as the names go: Whitefield for the healers/paladins/etc, and Guildcrest for the necromancers/etc. How does that sound?

I'm interrupting your alone time to say: you both suck . . . not fair you're both so creative.

Okay done, go back to being awesome you amazing women.

Whoops...second family would be West, on the coast. *facepalm*

I was thinking the underground group could be more focused on the necromantic arts. But, then again, some straight up wizardy with bad assery spells (the typical fireball/chain lightning sort) might be the way to go with the underground. Or just a mish mash of various things pulled together to become the most powerful instead of focusing on one single thing.

Since all the powerful families seem to be focused on magic of various sorts, maybe there is a bit of a stigma against the people with psychic powers over magical powers? Or maybe each family likes to keep around a few pet psychics. Dunno.

Thoughts?

Also, hello Strude.

Nah it is cool- I figured. Just thought I would ask first before finishing up claiming directions.

Ah- well I just envisioned this sort of creepy Nosferatu vibe from one family- of course their old arts could also entail alchemy, witchery, warlocks or something of that sort. Though them dealing with the dead evenly rounds out the circle of magic amongst the leaders. I figure that ghosts and the dead are good part of the magical 'circle of life' (ignore how odd that sounds). Either way maybe the underground is filled with the other magical people that couldn't get into any of the families but still powerful in their own rights.

Like maybe the other families aren't so keen on accepting shapeshifters since they don't view it really as magic but a 'inherant disease'. And I would definately think pyschics would also fit into that because it is not magic at all- or at least they view it as such. But it is honestly some of the strongest of powers. Though they could keep around a few pyschics- just in case- but don't speak of it really. "Oh that is Tom- his magic power is um 'magic of the mind'." "Doesn't that make him a pyschic?" "Nope- totally different thing."

Eh- ignore my silliness.

And hey Strude- I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or insult.

I like the idea of the creepy necromantic/nosferatu vibe family being one of the few families that isn't out to screw everyone all the time (only some of the time). Because that would be hilarious.

"Oh that is Tom- his magic power is um 'magic of the mind'." "Doesn't that make him a pyschic?" "Nope- totally different thing."
    I picture Solly's family having once filled this nitch. Especially with his father's talent to make people believe what he says- great for making business contracts and screwing people out of things. I could see several of the powerful families wanting that sort of thing in their corner.

Now though, I could see Solly having a hard time getting work initially because he isn't magical per say and the magic users disdain him. I can also see him sometimes lying about his abilities and claiming magic on them just to get jobs (at least at first). It would be Cassius who lends the Agency credibility, not Solly despite his degree in Criminal and Supernatural Law. Speaking of their Agency, What do you want to call it?

Oh, and I 100% agree with you on the shapeshifter thing.

We should probably come up with names for the 4 (5) major houses.
    Location Power/Controlling Interest Name and Head
    North healers, thaumaturges, apothocaries, and seers

Control the medical business, laboratories and have designed a way to test for magic in the DNA
    Whitefield
    South Necromancy, Ghost Talking, Mediums

Controlling interests in Utilities, Transportation and local politics
    Guildcrest
    East Druids and Earth Magic

Controlling interests in agriculture and properties, food supply chains and State politics
    Somner
    West Weather and Water Magic

Controlling interest in ports and shipping. International connections with imports/exports. Small influence in fishing. Old nobility from Spain.
    de la Cadena
    Underworld They control the illegal things in town. Prostitution, magical smuggling, murder, drugs, etc. Most are new to the area and they have a mish mash of powers- the only thing that matters is power. Holmes (though this may not be the real name of the head of the family)

Having family meetings in cloaks, with candles and haunting organ music- because it is traditional. Okay now I'm just being too silly, but there family while the oldest and probably hokey-est does have some clout. Though that should be fun to play with.

That sounds good. Yeah- when pyschics first came around the magic community may have accepted them into the fold- but with what Solly's father did doubled with the fact that they have discovered it isn't true magic have lead them into a 'fun' path of shame. Sorry if sounds like I am repeating you- I do that to affirm that I have the right idea. :3 Funny how Cassius's namesake would bolster their detective agency when he probably the least amount of work regarding cases. Or at least when it comes to his 'degree' and 'liscensure'- which people would have a hard time figuring out they were fake. Figured he worked for the Guildcrest's before this and they would have some pull in politics and what not. Hm. I would say we could just go with their last names as the agency's name: Abernathy-Hirschfield. Then again when could do something rather hokey and call them like: The Black Cat detective agency. Hur hur. Or any adjective with any noun sort of thing- just matters how we want to maneuver that. Another idea is that they are just the 'Agency' and could have a near constant debate on what to call themselves.

Well thank you- figure that all forms of shapeshifting, viral transfer of 'magical abilities', and other things similiar to that wouldn't be recognized by the magical community. Would bring some interesting bits into the plot later.

Nice table. Honestly- everyone is more awesome at this than I. But I like it- squares everything away. And I agree there should be 4-5 families underneath that handle maybe each facet of their businesses. Or maybe just families that WORK in those certain facets that they have assimilated into their folds. We can make them up now or as we go along- to suit our needs. Though on an odd note I visualize the Whitefield Patron keeping his family purely by blood relation. Not to say that he doesn't have those that aren't related to him running the show- but on far lower rungs. He plausibly has like seven children that oversee most of his corporation, some brothers that manage finances and research, cousins, nieces and nephews. Either way- they haven't fully integrated themselves into the community- and possibly breed like rabbits.

And speaking of which-
    Happy Easter!
    XD

I figure there are other powerful families that we can make up as we go, but they are all connected in some way to the main families.

Maybe we can name the place after the street it is located on instead of using their names. Likely Solly would avoid using his name given the connotation that is associated with it.

Maybe Greenbowl Way Detective Agency? Or whatever. Pretty easy going on it. While the name is important, it doesn't really matter, if that makes sense.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Also, happy Easter or Passover or Spring or whatever.

Of course- sounds good. But yeah they will be lackeys to the main family.

Yeah I thought they wouldn't want to use their names due to Solly 's stigma. That sounds like an awesome idea. Maybe thE Redarcher Avenue or Greenbowl sounds good as well. Just thought I would throw my two cents in.

Anyway are we ready to go? And thank you. Sorry if I wasn't a broad holiday greeting. I just thought of that on the fly.
    Last edited by NomDePlume; 04-08-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Redarcher Avenue is fine by me. I sort of just looked at a random map and came up with a name. hehe.

I think we are just about ready to get started. I figure an intro post each, then the NPC will come in and give them the case. Random thing stolen..I figure a person connected to one of the main powers, but not a member of the direct family of power. Just powerful enough to swing their weight around and be mildly intimidating.

Hah-hah, I was just playing the random suggestion game- but Red Archer Ave. it is. c:

Sounds good- and either way I think it would be a high profile case for the both of them in the end. Not that I think they probably DON'T make good money now doing what they are doing. But- hey- always nice to have something that might pay a bit more. And so- who should start?

I figure they make alright money, but probably have lean times when they don't get hired enough so in the "thick times" they have to sock away the money to keep them afloat. I mean, imagine how perturbed Stella would get if her paycheck was late?

Wow- making it infront of a computer was difficult yesterday. Or at least for longer than 30 seconds- sorry about that.

Hah-hah, yeah I am sure they manage themselves quite well. Even if Cassius isn't always 'detective minded'- I figure he is at least business minded enough. Though letting him keep up with ledgers is probably not the grandest of ideas. And I'm sure Stella would have informed them very much so what she would do if they did not pay her- and I'm sure it would be unpleasant in the nicest of ways.

So- is there any other ground to cover- or shall we start?

I think we're good.

I actually have an entire post written. I wrote it at lunch on Wednesday. Not the greatest post ever, but not bad either. Of course, I left it on my USB at work. (Work where I can't actually post from anymore...) I then thought I would try and do it through my phone with some crazy email cut and paste thing...but I fail at phone.

So, I am an idiot.

You are not an idiot I have the same problem.

I can't post in the full features games at work- for some reason the 'make post' button doesn't work. So I have to save it to email, pull it off of my email on my phone and then paste it into the text box on the game via my phone and hope my finger didn't select everything. I can post in the forums on the work computer alright, but only through the quick reply box at the bottom. Still though- I cannot make it fancy looking as all those icons are missing.

So usually I just wait until I get home. >_>

Anyway- awesome- I am ready to get this RP started. c:
    Last edited by NomDePlume; 04-13-2012 at 03:47 PM.

It is exactly the same for me! I can do forums with quick reply, just no full feature games, advanced posting and nothing in any section labeled "adult" (something with the meta tags in it). I want to say it is something gone horribly wrong with IE, but i'm not certain.

But I did manage to figure out the copy and paste from my phone today. It was.... interesting.

Glad to see you came out of that copy/paste on top.

Anyway wonderful first post- then again I shouldn't be surprised. Hope my post was good as well. This should be a fun RP- at least I hope you have as much fun as I know I will. c:

Ah crap-

You know what I got who Hannah was mixed up in my mind. Next time I do that- call me out on it. I think I know how I did that- I was working on the post when WTF went down and was halfway through. So I just finished up because I was on a roll and when it came back up I failed to make sure everything was right about it.

Apologies if Cass made NO sense. >_>
    I'll not be making that mistake again.

I hate when a post fails. I have the problem from time to time when I post from work and it auto-logs me off. Then I get all pissed off and my next post is crap. That is why I have taken to writing everything in word or text pad or something.

Ugh-
    I hate that.
    I really really hate that. Especially when I write something witty and I'm like: oh I am so clever. And then something happens and I lose the post and I try to be that clever again and it fails.
    Then people just get a steaming glob of post fail and I just wallow.

Anyway I hope everything is going well in the RP and you are enjoying yourself. c:

Working on a post! I suck lately and I want to get back into this game...it just sort of falls off of my list of stuff (since it isn't right there in my list of roleplays).