Login to your account

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gemini (Sure and Mikimouse)

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.

Gemini (Sure and Mikimouse)

A 1x1 about Shane and Flynn from Faster Than a Kiss.

In the deepest depths of my mind. Do not disturb.
    O: it's gonna be sexy lol

so are we sticking with that idea from the long paragraph?
    Last edited by mikimouse; 03-23-2012 at 02:49 AM.
    insert awkward failing~

Yup.

Flynn

Flynn leaned back against the tall wall, holding two ice cream cones in each of his hands. He was waiting for Shane to come out, but he was taking too much time. He sighed and watched as the ice cream started to melt, making trails to lead to his hands. The cold liquid made beads as they touched his skin, and he lifted it up to his face to lick it off.

"Hey! Shane! Come on out here, will ya'? Your ice cream's melting." he called, pushing himself off of the wall. He stood for a moment and then started to walk towards Shane's house, before breaking out into a run. He came to the gate and leaned over it, as if the closer the got, the louder he would be.

"ShAAAAAaaaane!" he screamed, getting very impatient. He swung himself on the gate, going back and forth wildly, the rustic squealing of the metal louder then his own voice.

Shane

Shane groaned as he heard Flynn screaming his name from outside and flinched when he heard the gate. The boy was extremely loud when he wanted to be. He let out an exasperated sigh as he popped his head out of the front door. "Flynn!" Would you stop that noise? My baby cousin happens to be here on a visit, and she's taking her nap." he shouted out the door.

He slowly strolled towards the other boy and pulled him from the gate. "Goodness, Flynn, learn some patience." he said to the smaller boy.

Taking his melted ice cream from Flynn and looked at the boy's hands. They seemed to be rather sticky. Throwing the ice cream in a nearby trashcan, he took Flynn's hand and guided him towards his home. "Let's wash our hands before we make a mess." he said with a a hint of a chuckle in his voice.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

wait.. how old are they right now?
    insert awkward failing~

They're like... maybe 5 or 6.

Flynn
    Flynn pouted as he was pulled down from the gate and was scolded by the other boy. "I'm sorry, I just got too excited." he said quietly. He looked down, away from the gaze of the taller boy before his hands were relieved of the ice creams. He looked up and his eyes went wide when he saw that they were being tossed into the trash can.

"Hey! My mom got those for us." he cried out, his lips going out even more then they were before. He had crossed his arms across his chest, but his hand was stolen from their comfort spot. His whole expression lit up when Shane mentioned a mess.

"Are we going to play in the sandbox again? With water, like last time? My mom got so mad though..." he said, his words almost jumbling up together into one large word as he spoke very quickly.

Shane

"Sorry about the ice cream." Shane said with an apologetic look. "I'm don't like melted ice cream that much. It seems so weird. If you want, I can buy you ice cream next time to make up for it."

It was true that Shane wasn't a fan of melted ice cream. He once ate a whole gallon of ice cream a couple years back. After that, he got rather ill. He said that it was because the ice cream had melted, and refused to believe that the ice cream itself had caused his illness.

Shane smiled at Flynn's excitement about the sandbox. "We can go if you want to." he responded with a childish giggle. "Though if your mom is gonna get mad..... we could just do something else.." he sighed. They had quite a mess of themselves last time, when they came in the house completely covered in sand. Let's say that certain parents weren't thrilled to see their children like that.

Soon they arrived in the kitchen of his home where they proceeded to wash the sticky substance off their hands. Shane then sat down at the kitchen table. "What do you want to do.... that won't make our mommies yell at us?" he asked Flynn with a curious look.
    insert awkward failing~

Flynn
    "What about chalk? 'member how we covered the whole," he did a movement with his arms that seemed to signify a huge quantity. "driveway in drawings? That was so much fun." he ran his hands under the water of the faucet with the help of a step stool to be able to turn the water off. He dried his hands on his pants before jumping into a chair next to Shane, sitting on his knees and his hands on the table.

"Or!" he sat back down in his seat the right way when Shane's mother walked in. "We can go watch some cartoons... Or play with the trucks like we usually do! Or maybe we can go play with Shay and Lucy down the street..." he seemed to go on and on about all the different things they could do, and honestly, he was okay with any of that.

Shane smiled at the boy sitting next to him, listening to him go on and on with idea that they could be doing. "Let's go play with Shay and Lucy." he said after a few moments of thinking. "It's been a while since we talked to them." he let out a small grin.

The girls were nice, and he enjoyed talking to them, though they can really get on his nerves. They smothered him, it was really annoying at times. After some more thinking, he gave a small shudder. "Never mind." he muttered.

"Let's just watch some cartoons." he said and pulled Flynn to the living room where the T.V was located. It was a nice day. It seems like a good one to just relax.
    Last edited by mikimouse; 03-25-2012 at 07:30 PM.
    insert awkward failing~

"Okay!" Flynn had started to get out of his seat and go to the front door, but Shane grabbed his hand and told him to watch some cartoons. The little light hair boy was just fine with that and walked with Shane to the couch. He plopped down onto the huge cushion-y pillows and realized that he had sat down on top of the remote, making the TV turn on. He pulled it out from under his butt and handed it to Shane, a huge grin plastered across his face.

He leaned against the armrest and pressed his cheek into the soft pillow. With a smile, he sighed and closed his eyes for a moment.

Shane took the remote from Flynn and smiled back at the boy. He began flipping through the channels trying to see if there is anything good on. After a while he settled for a show and leaned back on the couch. Some minutes later, he grew bored and looked over at his friend who seemed to be resting his eyes. He smiled at the boy's relaxed face.

He steadily got up from the couch, trying not to disturb the other. He then tiptoe to his room to work on his 'project'.

There birthday was coming up soon, and he had already begin to prepare Flynn's gift. They boy was an amazing artist, so he had asked his mom to take him to the art store for his gift. He had bought many items, from pencils to sketchbooks to new paints. Now all he needed was to wrap it all up. That was what he had been trying to do, until the boy had started to scream his name from outside.

In a couple of minutes he had finished putting everything together and wrapping it. It didn't look that bad considering it was the work of a six year old. He then stuffed the gigantic present in his closet and did his best to conceal it with a sheet and some clothes. He then walked back out and plopped back onto the couch and let out a big sigh. He was finally finished.
    insert awkward failing~

Flynn opened his eyes to see Shane climb onto the couch. He yawned quietly before clambering over to the little boy and wrapping his little arms around him. The boy was warm, and there wasn't a blanket on the couch to use. He yawned again, but louder this time, and pretended to snore like a pig. A slight smile twitched at his lips, seeing as how he couldn't really act well.

Shane gave a small smirk as Flynn wrapped his arm around him. He also moved his arms to go around the boy's body, pulling him closer and rubbing circles around his back. "You know Flynn." he started "You are a horrible actor he said," the smirk still planted on his face. It made him look much older than he was.

Shane was smarter than most boys his age. Smart enough to know his preferences. Yes, he did like guys, especially Flynn, but he knew better than to admit that. At this age, his parents would probably just say that it was a phase. If he continued to keep his ground, he would no longer have a home.

He just gave a sigh and pulled Flynn closer. "If you're not really asleep, let's go do something." he said looking down at the smaller boy with a big grin.
    insert awkward failing~

Flynn continued the act for a while longer before sitting up and shivering. Whenever the boy drew circles on his back, he always grew tired and a strange feeling in his stomach built up and made him shiver like mad. A soft sigh escaped his lips before he closed his eyes, shaking his head.

"I kinda wanna go out and draw on the driveway, but now I really want to sleep." he said quietly. Flynn opened his eyes and smiled at Shane, a weak smile that made him look unbelievably vulnerable. But then again, all kids had a slight vulnerability to them, but whenever this boy was tired, he didn't care what happened to him.

Shane gave him a gentle smile. "Then go to sleep Flynn." he said with a soothing voice. He slightly turned away from the boy as he looked up at him. He looked too vulnerable. Shane was so tempted to kiss the boy's soft lips. He gave a sigh and looked around, somewhat giving into his temptation. Leaning down, he gave him a kiss on the forehead, "We can play when you wake up."
    insert awkward failing~

(Timeskip to about... 3 years? They're 9 or 10)

Flynn opened his eyes and looked up at Shane with tears sliding down his cheeks. He didn't dare to look back at the case behind him- it was just far too much to bear. His own mother killed herself, and the letter she left made it sound like it was his fault. More like his asshole-ofva-father's fault, but Flynn took it to heart.

"She... why would she...?" The boy didn't know about her death until he walked in. His mother's parents had taken over the payment of the funeral, and didn't tell him about it while he stayed at Shane's house. It as just moments ago when the elderly couple brought the two in and handed Flynn the note.

Rage, pain, loss and a whole bunch of terrible emotions tore at the inside of Flynn, and he didn't know what to do. Everything just seemed to be placed on his shoulders and he was so heavy that he couldn't move, and speaking was a hassle.

Shane pulled the smaller boy closer to him and tried his best to wipe away the flowing tears. "It's okay, Flynn." he whispered to the boy, trying his best to comfort him. "You're not alone in this. You can always stay with me. It's not your fault."

He gave a sigh as he pulled Flynn into a tight hug and started to rub circled on the boy's back. The boy was trembling and Shane found it difficult to see him so depressed. He, himself, was shocked. He didn't think that this of all things would happen.

The taller boy was at a lost, he wasn't sure what to do to comfort Flynn because he hadn't been through this, he didn't know what Flynn was going through. He gave a sigh and pulled the other somewhere else, Flynn seemed like he needed to be away from everything that was happening.
    insert awkward failing~

Flynn sobbed when they were pulled outside behind the building. Away from prying eyes and looks of pity. He cried for a long time, holding on tightly to the young man in front of him. He was angry, upset and scared all at once, but Shane murmured soft words of kindness that helped calm him down.

After what felt like an hour, Flynn stopped crying, but long trails of a soft shine went down his cheeks as he pressed his forehead into his chest. He was very glad he was here right now, because if he weren't, he would be in a state of insanity. He wouldn't know what to do with the sadness that was building up in the pit of his stomach.

"Shane...?" he whispered, sounding very distant and afraid.

Shane rested his eyes on Flynn when the boy whispered his name. He noticed that the boy had calmed down a considerable amount and had snuggled further into his chest. "Yes?" he asked as he pulled the boy almost impossibly closer to him and wiped away the remaining trails of tears.

Shane noticed how distant and scared Flynn's voice sounded and wasn't sure if the boy had even heard his reply. He sat down, pulling the other onto his lap. They had been standing for quite a while, and they both needed to rest their aching limbs. He knew well that Flynn must be going through so much at the moment, and it frustrated him that he could not do much to help.

Noticing that the boy had not answered, he once again asked, "What is it, Flynn?"
    insert awkward failing~

"What..." he closed his eyes and shook his head lightly, not sure how to word his next question. He pulled his face from Shane's chest and looked up at him. "What am I going to do now?" he whispered. He opened his eyes and stared up at the older boy, his eyes brightly colored and filled with an emptiness that was frightening. He was lost. So very lost.

With a weak arm, he lifted his hand to Shane's neck, where a necklace hung from his neck, and a scar was at. He traced his fingers over the scar before wrapping them around the charm of the necklace. It was a small shark's tooth, one that he had gotten for the young man when they were both younger- on their birthdays.

The scar, though, was from the same day. They were playing outside when his mother brought home fireworks. They got too out of hand when... He took in a sigh, trying to keep his eyes from watering again at the memory. When she aimed a roman candle at Flynn. Shane jumped in the way, keeping Flynn out of harm, but...

A tear fell down his cheek.

Shane had always been there for him. Always.

Shane looked into Flynn's eyes. He was speechless when he saw how empty they were, it was as if all the hope had fled the younger boy.

He gave a small shiver as he felt Flynn's fingers trace his scar. He could tell by the look on the boy's face that he was thinking back on that day. "It's okay Flynn," he said trying to reassure him. "You can always stay with me and my parents. They love you like a second son, they won't mind you living with us at all. You practically do now anyways." he tried to joke, not sure how well it might work, but hey, he tried.

Shane clutched Flynn's hand which was still attached on the charm. 'It's now or never' he thought to himself. He wasn't sure how the other would react, but he would at least give it a try. He wiped the tear that was making its way down the other's cheek.

He bent down and captured Flynn's lips with his own.
    insert awkward failing~

Flynn closed his eyes slowly as he heard what Shane had to say. He could hear his feeble attempt to make him smile, but his expression never changed. He just sat there as the young man gently wiped the lone tear from his cheek and bent down to press his lips to Flynn's. It was a surprise to him, but he didn't move. At least, his mind didn't do it, it was all just unconscious.

Flynn's other hand was lifted up to Shane's cheek, and he leaned forward to get closer. He just wanted to be near him, no matter what the consequence was. He opened his eyes again and then they fluttered shut, pulling away.

"You... Why..." he mumbled, pressing his forehead to Shane's as tears started to roll down his cheeks again. now he was even more confused than he was just a moment ago. What was that for? Was that a pity kiss? there was no way that could have been a pity kiss- it had too much feeling behind it.

'why did you do that...?" he asked.

He grinned into the kiss when he felt Flynn press back to him. It gave him more confidence. The fact that Flynn was pressing back means that he, at least, had some amount of feelings for him.

When they broke apart, Flynn had teared up once again. He looked confused. When the other asked him the question he gave him a small smile. "Silly," he said "I kissed you because I love you. Why else would I kiss you?"

Seeing the boy was still confused he started to explain further. "Well, Flynn, I've had feelings for you for a while now. I wasn't sure how you would react or what would happen if I said anything, so I didn't. But seeing you in such pain really does break my heart and I want you to know that I'm still here for you." with all that said, he gave him a smile and kissed Flynn's cheek.
    insert awkward failing~

"Out of pity..." he whispered, bowing his head slightly. He was still a bit confused, but Shane went on talking anyway, telling him that it wasn't out of pity, but out of love. More tears split from his eyes, and he started to sob again, not exactly sure why.

Because he' always here for me. He'll always be here for me... he took his hands from the necklace and wrapped them tightly around Shane. He held onto the dark haired boy, not letting go at all. When he stopped the tears from falling, he kissed Shane again, this time a bit more controlled.

"Shane! Flynn? Where are you?" a voice called from the front. Flynn didn't move for a moment, but pulled away slowly, not moving from Shane. He closed his eyes and dug his face into the other's t-shirt, taking in a deep breath.

Footsteps came by and Flynn was already asleep. "This must've been too much on him... Shane? Can you help up get him to the car? We're going to bring him home." Flynn's grandfather requested. They knew nothing of what just happened, and saw the way of how they were sitting as just a moment of comfort. They knew Flynn felt terrible, and he had his ways of letting it out.

As the footsteps came closer, Shane noticed that the boy had already fallen into a deep slumber. When they came to a stop Shane glanced up to see Flynn's grandparents. "What home?" he hissed. "His mom is no longer there, that place is no longer his 'home'." Shane knew better than to talk like that, but he was worn out and upset over seeing his love so depressed. He just wasn't in the mood to be polite.

Looking up at their shocked faces, he clutched Flynn tighter, afraid that would be taken from him.

After some convincing from Flynn's grandparents, Shane reluctantly got up and carried the smaller boy to the car. They had talked it out and the old couple had reassured him that he and Flynn wouldn't be separated. It wasn't too promising but for now it seemed good enough. Everybody was worn out and he wanted to get Flynn into a more comfortable place so he could rest.

During the car ride Shane still had Flynn on his lap. It was a silent car ride, well maybe it wasn't. He could hear the other two talking, but he zoned them out. He just sat and starred out the window and ran his fingers through the other's hair.

They soon arrived at his house. They parked in the driveway and got out. Taking Flynn with him, he just walked into his room, ignoring everyone else and set the boy on his bed. Giving him a kiss on the cheek, Shane also collapsed onto the bed and pulled Flynn close to him.
    insert awkward failing~

The warmth of a body next to his pulled him from his world of dreams. He leaned into the body, pulling the person closer to him. When it sunk in, his eyes flew open and he searched for the identity of the young man in front of him. The grogginess started to fade, and he recognized who it was. A soft sigh left his lips, making him calm down some. It was Shane.

He pulled one of his arms from around Shane and placed it on the dark haired young man's cheek. He could barely recall yesterday's events, but the one thing he did remember was Shane... And what he had said.

Of course, Flynn did have feelings for the other boy. He loved him a lot, and would hate for anything to happen to him. It just took him a long time to realize that he loved Shane. All up until last night, he didn't even have a name for the emotion he felt toward the boy.

His fingers traced the features of Shane's face, his gentle fingertips barely touching the soft skin.

The feeling of movement next to him pulled him from his slumber. His eyes fluttered open when he completely out of sleep's hold. Turning to face the source of warmth Shane saw Flynn look at him with a soft look in his eyes.

Shane gently removed Flynn's hand from his face and took it into one of his hands. Bringing them to his lips, he kissed them. "Hello, love," he whispered. "When did you wake up?"

Looking out the window, he noticed that it was sometime around the evening. The sun was setting. Shane sat up on the bed and looked down at Flynn. "It's almost dinner." he said softly with a gentle smile. "You haven't eaten anything all day, so we have to get some food in you."
    insert awkward failing~

A little blush made its way across his cheeks when Shane took his hand and kissed his fingers.

"Just a few minutes. Not long." he murmured back as Shane sat up on the bed. Flynn adjusted himself on Shane's lap, having his face able to look up at the dark haired boy's expression. His eyes stared back at him, a sweet look in them. He smiled a little at the young man, his lips barely twitching upwards.

"I'm not hungry though." he mumbled, crossing his arms and pushing his lip out a little playfully. He wasn't hungry at all but his stomach was empty. The cause of the satisfaction of his empty stomach was because of grief, and he probably wouldn't eat for a while.

It was as if he still had no clue about his mother's death. He just seemed to have no clue about the fact that the woman who took care of him was dead and gone. ((Dead and goooooone~ Augh, had to to that. Had the song stuck in my head. XD)) The emptiness in his eyes was no longer present and a strange liveliness danced in them.

"Ohh really?" Shane asked with a smirk on his face as he started poking and tickling Flynn's stomach. After a while he got out of bed and left the room, coming back with a couple muffins and a glass of milk.

"Well whether you are hungry or not, you are gonna have to eat something." he said playfully as he stuffed a piece of the muffin in the light haired boy's mouth. "Just fill your stomach a bit, kay? I worry about you."

Looking at the other chewing the piece of muffin, he noticed that his eyes didn't seem empty anymore. He looked more.... happy. It was like he forgot everything that had happened earlier that day. After some time he got up and went to his closet. "I'm going to take a shower, you can take one once you finish your muffin." with that said, Shane gave Flynn a kiss on the temple and walked toward the bathroom.

((lol wow, I would probably do the same. ^.^ I had that song stuck in my head the other day too >.<))
    Last edited by mikimouse; 04-07-2012 at 05:00 PM.
    insert awkward failing~

Mmm... Banana Nut. he thought as the muffin was shoved into his mouth. He chewed on it, trying to get the huge amount of deliciousness down to a small enough size to swallow. This was accomplished soon, and he was able to speak again.

"Well, fine. Go ahead and shove muffins in my mouth as you rummage through my closet to grab some clothes." he said playfully. Shane came over and placed a kiss on the side of his forehead, a light smile on his own lips, trying not to come up with a silly comment that would only make the situation a bit awkward.

If I finish quickly- ah, no... no no no. That's a bit of a strange comment. His cheeks went pink at the thought, as he tried to erase the picture from his head. There was no way he would say that. If I finish quickly, I could get into he shower with him... Wow, I feel like some kind of dirty perv now. Great. He bowed his head and took a small bite of a muffin as he heard the bathroom door shut.

He stood up and raked a hand through his hair, as he started pacing his room. There felt to be something missing, but he didn't know quite what. He sighed and grabbed the pastry off of the bed and left his room, going into the living room to just have a bit of a stroll.

He found his grandparents in the living room, taking down pictures with sad looks on their faces, and suddenly it struck him.

"Wh-what are you doing?" he asked, walking over to them, grabbing a framed picture out of a box. He held it close to his chest. A pained look was on his grandmother's face, the expression making her cold demeanor only seem even colder. His own eyes iced over and he glared at the old woman.

"Packing up." his grandfather grumbled, trying to take the picture from Flynn. Flynn pulled away and took a few steps backwards, only to land on his back, a horrified look on his face.

"No."

"Yes. You can no longer live in this house and no one else wants to take you in, you ungrateful little brat." the woman hissed.

Shane got out of the shower and put on some clothes. Walking out of the bathroom, he realized that Flynn was no longer there. He didn't worry much, Flynn tends to wander when he's bored.

As he walked out of the room, he heard voices coming from the living room. 'They don't sound too happy' he thought as he inched towards the area. When he was close enough to hear the words, he stopped, trying to figure out exactly what was going on. As the three argued, Shane slowly became frustrated. No one, no one is going to take his Flynn from him.

Shane was known to be a ruthless and heartless person when it came to other things anything and everything, except Flynn. He wasn't one that would let anyone mess with him, no matter who they were, and everybody knew this well, except for Flynn, who was the only source of his affection.

Walking into the room, he gave the older women a glare full of venom. "He can live wherever he pleases." he said calmly, his voice had a warning to it. "If he can't stay here, he is more than welcome to stay at my house. But that is up to him." Shane then turned his gaze to Flynn, his eyes softening, there was no longer any hint of venom in them. "It's up to you." he said softly.
    insert awkward failing~