Login to your account

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC : Is It Really Just A Game?

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    This is the first post for the thread, OOC : Is It Really Just A Game?.

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Hurry this beasty up. XD I wanna see where this goes. XP

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

I've completed it, you are still interested.

Maybe. I need to read the Background and Character sections still. ^^;

- hangouts -

^w^" I'm sorry about the length of it all. I've been working on this setting since November and its still in its middle stages... Still getting filled out here and there.

Legendary Adventurer ChiNoMizuumi's Avatar
    In the 11th dimension; because I'm cool like that 8D
    -pops in-

I think you've been doing really well, Sure :3
    I love where you're going with this!
    If you ever need help, I have spare time here and there~

I think I need to cut down on the amount of characters that i need... And maybe some more advertising... Maybe a bit more setting freedom?
    Do you have any suggestions?

I would totally be a-okay with a character cut. Ha ha. That is probably the biggest turn-off in roleplays for me. Never like joining a roleplay where I'm one of 30 characters. Makes personal connections and bonding kinda hard when there are sooooo many people to reach out to.

- hangouts -

As for the number of characters, it seems like it might be too difficult to reduce, only because in a game of chess, there are mostly pawns... And that's half of each team here. You might want to think about reducing the number of pawn to about 2 or 3 -- the rest of the pawns can be, um... like... inferred that they're there. Pawns are the least important pieces in a game anyway...

As for the setting, I dunno if there's much you can do about that. You can add a park or a gym to the game world, but I don't think you can do much else without it getting way too out of hand (one RP I was in had about 20-something places in the game world... @.@)

Erm... advertising.... I guess you can put a little thread in the Recruitment forum? I'm not too sure how else you could get more players. I can also ask my friend if he wants to, but I think he's overloaded himself with RPs...

i would to join but this seems like chest and i can't play chest and and and and yesh @.@

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

if you think the pawns are the weakest and always go first you can take them out and only have the main pieces and if someone wants to join later on you can bring the pawns in lol

Well, I kind of want to keep at least one Pawn Game Piece and Fighter in each team, because that is where the newer players to this game go. Like those who have to prove themselves to the people who have played the longest. I think I could also make the rooks and bishops NPCs, if anything.

As for places, I'm working on that. That's slowly coming along, but that is the next thing on my list.

I'll create a thread in the Recruitment forum... Right after I finish the places. ^w^ Thank you for the idea~

@Ameika: The games are controlled by a controller of the team. The fighters only fight who they are asked to fight and the Game Pieces supply the weapon and take on half of the pain. (Its kinda a combo of Shitsarukuen and Loveless. XD) Those who play as the controllers, I will give them a game to play out and they will replay the instructions in the roleplay, so no one really has to actually play chess. ^w^

ah still trying to understand ll of this @.@ i mean i really really want to join and be all yay!!! and stuff but and i love loveless lol though i haven't read it all completely lol and and so i can still have my character and they will just feel half the pain and the control will feel half the pain and and stuff?

The Controller won't feel the pain.
    There's a connection between the Game Piece and the Fighter that allows them to share the pain. It keeps the Fighter from doing something stupid just to hurt their Game Pieces if they have their moments when they don't get along. Its like the connection bewteen Fighter and Sacrifice in Loveless, only I've made it a bit more fair for a huge game like this.

wait so umm @.@ are there going to be two different characters? like your character is a game piece and mine is a fighter and stuff like that and they are connected and such?

Yup yup.

ah well then i can understand that lol i shall see what i can do lol

Cool. ^w^

okay so ummm wait....okay so those that have a game piece.....i can make a fighter for that game piece right?

Well, so far we only have one game piece, fighter and a controller, but you can make a fighter and have a Game Piece come join you later.

okay so @.@ the fighter gets into fights and the game piece just represents them right

Game Piece supplies the weapon and represents. When the simulation is run, the Fighter is able to draw a weapon from their Game Piece's chest (the weapon is part of the mind- a representation of the Game Piece's spirit).

oh!!!! i want to play a game piece then lol i will get started on that right now ah does it have to look exactly like the game piece? what are the limations of the weapons?

Weapons have to be simple in the beginning, but they can get more complicated as updates are made.

Did you know that the instructions for the Knight are actually under the OOC tab on the role play?

>.>" ummmm.......nooo?

lol anyways umm i guessed that it would be a simple one at first but i mean like limitations like no bazookas or magic stuff type deals

Oh! Magic is a no go- but since characters live in a very sciencey world, almost anything is possible.

Yeeeah... Maybe I should've said something earlier... I'm very sorry...

I think the science stuff is implied o.o
    The time period in which this RP is set can most likely be called cyberpunk, if anything. >.> Highly technological.

P.S. Yay! Second post in the RP! w00t~
    Jaran is an awesome character >w<

lol alright lol that is what i was more or less trying to get to know weapon wise lol

I love me some cyberpunk and steampunk. I wish I could create an airship role play for the general audience, but I don't really have enough time for that. -facepalm-

I'm actually writing a book based on this setting. ^w^ While I'm playing the daughter of the creator of the Knight in here, I'm writing about a girl who joins the game, but she finds out that she is a major glitch in the central computer. ^w^

Whoaaaaa that sounds so cool!
    I'm trying to write like one of those dystopia/disaster things where like... there's a crazy dominating power and a group of rebels and blahhhhh -- still outlining >.>";;

But yeah! Cyberpunk is just awesome~

Hmmm... Sounds interesting.