Login to your account

Thread: [PICS] Food! * w*

[PICS] Food! * w*

EAT WITH YOUR EYES!

Share with the community what you eat or what you ate or what you wish you were eating! It can be something extra fancy at an extra fancy restaurant; it can be pub food, but you're favorite go-to bar. It can be something you've made; it can be something you've tried making and it kind of fell sideways... somehow.

If you have recipes for the dishes you make (and would like to share it!), there is a WTF cookbook on this forum! Just post a link to your recipe in the cookbook when you share the pictures of your success! Or, if you're not much a cook, but enjoy dining out, share a review, maybe? Make some recommendations, if you can? Or just gush about it so everyone else can envy your joy.

RULES:

• Please follow all WTFRPG board rules.
    • This is a food-related thread. Try to keep things on topic.

THREAD NOTE: I am well aware of the fact that there are similar threads floating around the forum, but those threads are made by users who are either a) no longer on this board or b) not me. I want to have a thread that can be maintained/updated and whatnot.

Last edited by joonsexual; 10-15-2014 at 03:24 AM.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

JING: FOOD ADVENTURE! #1

Spoiler Spoiler

Rice and deep-fried fish filets... no veggies, lol—so healthy! But college students must do as college students need to, haha. (Also, look at my cute veggie/fruit cup! ha!)

Spoiler Spoiler

Taiyaki! We filled it with cookie butter and other delicious things! * w* It's pretty darn delicious... despite its deformed appearance.

(We had a taiyaki-maker, herpderp).

Spoiler Spoiler

Pho! * u *

And, obligatory thai ice tea and fried shrimp cakes. Unnf. This is, by far, my favorite go-to, don't-know-what-to-eat meal. So. Delicious. So cheap.

Spoiler Spoiler

Ha, making a sandwich for my boyfriend. And, as traditional of a native Californian, I have to have avocados in it. This is whole-grain bread with two slices of pepper jack cheese (deli slices sooo good. Go get it fresh, srsly!) and honey ham.

Spoiler Spoiler

And then there are those lazy days... starbucks latte and half a foot long subway (tuna because I'm a fatty). Plus, it was Februany AND BOGOs at Starbucks. <3

Spoiler Spoiler

HOTPOT WITH ALL OF MY FAVS (You can see the taiyaki maker too! Haha). Hotpot is such a social, happy event. So much fun. We started at around 5PM and we didn't turn things off till 10PM. haha.

The food we had: lamb, beef, pork, fish-roe dumplings, fish-balls (with beef), fish-balls (with fish), fishcakes, noodles, cabbages, and beer (and obligatory fruity drinks). THERE WAS SO MUCH FOOD. Not all of it was in the picture b/c... those were in the fridge, kept cool until we needed them.

Spoiler Spoiler

Fishcakes and godsauce! (God-sauce is sesame/penut sauce). I was too lazy to cook and wanted to snack on something warm, herpderp. Just boiled the fishcakes in regular water, took it out after a few minutes and... yummy...

Spoiler Spoiler

Udon with a salted egg and some fried fish cakes. In case you guys didn't already know, I don't eat meat-meat. I can eat seafood, but I don't eat things like chicken, cow, and pork. (:

Spoiler Spoiler

Bento box for my bestest! It has a sandwich, hotdogs (fried into an octopus shape), freshly cut apples, and fresh shrimp tempure.

Spoiler Spoiler

Dinner for the boyfriend and me. Teriyaki chicken (the sauce was homemade, ha!), dashi-boiled broccoli, and scrambled eggs! Can't be eating out all the time. Would literally go broke in the soul and face.

Spoiler Spoiler

CHILI DOGS! My first time making it for the apartment. (;

And then we took the leftover chili and made chili cheese fries. Ha. Turned out pretty good. While everyone ate this, I had cup noodle. HA HA HA.... the life of someone who can't eat meat... but cooks it anyway.... lol.

Spoiler Spoiler

Late-night crepe and hot chocolate. I only drank some of the hot chocolate and ate a bit of the potatoes. The rest became leftover lunch for the next day.

Spoiler Spoiler

Cheesecake factory... oh god, the portion sizes... I forgot what it was like. @ _____ @;

Spoiler Spoiler

Special brunch / tea time with my favorite couple and the boyfriend. We had four different teas, but... the strawberry darjeeling was, oh god, heavenly. Everything at this place was so perfect and beautiful and everything. The ambience... oh man, so perfect.

Spoiler Spoiler

Homemade pesto-basil-shrimp pasta. And with a touch of parsley. Everything tastes better when it looks nice and has a glass of something in champagne glasses, hahaha... ;_____;

Spoiler Spoiler

Trying out a new Italian restaurant with some friends. Hmmm.... didn't eat very much, can't even remember if I liked the place. Was too sick to remember anything. /sob

Spoiler Spoiler

My secret valentine's day plan for the boyfriend, haha. He did breakfast in bed for me, but had school and work so he didn't get home till 10PM. So, I decided to surprise him a little. DID I DO A GOOD JOB?

(Three course meal: pasta, clam chowder, and then cake for dessert).

Spoiler Spoiler

Oh, this was the lighting for the entire meal. I had to turn on the lights to take the picture of the set up and stuff, but... the light was all mood-y. Plus, I had a sweet, jazz-y (mood?) music playing in the background. ;D

(I wanted to post this last picture on V-Day and wish everyone a happy V-Day, but... I didn't, haha.)

Last edited by joonsexual; 06-11-2013 at 07:43 PM.

TUMBLR.

It's official, I don't eat pretty or fancy enough looking food.

And did you make all these dishes? If so, you need to make YouTube tutorials for kitchen newbies such as myself. I try to be fancy but it never works out. Wifey's sent me step-by-step instructions before. I still managed to get lost, hence the video suggestion.

But yeah, I would love to learn how to cook better so it's picture worthy. (Trust me, right now you wouldn't wanna picture of anything I make....) XD

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

@ XAVIRNE : Oh, no, the pictures are a mixture of eating out and homemade. (: But thank you and... there's no way I can do a cooking video, lol. I already tried something like that once before (for Schiz) and... oh, lol, it's hectic and crazy and terrible, haaa....

Half of the time, I'm just doing whatever I feel like and I also have terrible culinary habits (e.g. misusing the knife). But, really, I think... it's just a matter of practice and watching the food network... a lot.

TUMBLR.

I forgot about this thread (until it got brought up again).... ! And.... I don't know... I like sharing? Haaaa.... Plus, this is just some thing from my trip. (:

Spoiler Spoiler

Can we just, like, talk about Pizza Hut in China?! Legitimately, Pizza Hut! LOL
    I got there a little earlier than lunch service, but, omg, this PH was... it has a view.

Spoiler Spoiler

Bakery in Guangzhou! The cakes were absolutely perfect. * u *

Spoiler Spoiler

Ugh, dimsum in Gaungzhou. Look at the piggies! I miss the food. ; A ;

Spoiler Spoiler

At a really famous restaurant in Gaungzhou. Really interesting food, lolol.

TUMBLR.

Quote Originally Posted by joonsexual View Post
    But, really, I think... it's just a matter of practice and watching the food network... a lot.

O.O There's a food network? T_T I guess I don't get it... lame!

- hangouts -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    O.O There's a food network? T_T I guess I don't get it... lame!
    Yes! There is! Clicky -> here <- to see their site! It's also an amazing tv channel. It's really the only channel that I watch. ER MER GERD Sweet Genius!

Spoiler Spoiler

Celebrating my best's birthday at a cute tea-time/brunch venue. <3
    Eating the cutest of food (which was really tasty) and drinking the tastiest of tea (omg, that strawberry darjeeling...).
    Her identity has been blurred for privacy reasons, ofc.

Spoiler Spoiler

This isn't a food picture, but... Her gift! Haha, not pictured is the Godiva truffles that are hidden underneath the HK comb/polishes.

Last edited by joonsexual; 06-20-2013 at 10:08 PM.

TUMBLR.

Spoiler Spoiler

I didn't really take photos of the food during my birthday dinner, but I did snap this.
    Tuna sashimi. It was the best and came complimentary from the chef. <3

TUMBLR.

Spoiler Spoiler

I absolutely adore Moe's. It's not healthy in the slightest bit, but when you can get food that good I wanna die a little.... a happy, cheesy, death.
    Last edited by Schizophrenic; 08-11-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Dessert I ordered my first night in Germany. Omg, it was so freaking delicious!
    Attached Images Attached Images

- hangouts -

What is that orange thing that looks like a fruit version of a carrot?

Eghads, Duke has a deviantART?!

Man, this place needs some love and everything. Plus I just like to show off pictures of food or of things I am eating or envying, haha.

Spoiler Spoiler

Brick Toast! Stuffed full of sugary treats, haha.

And a half-drank cup of milk tea in the background.

Spoiler Spoiler

Surprise romantic picnic lunch with my better half, haha.

Risotto and, in the corner, white wine. This totally made my day, haha. I didn't even know that my SO could cook, lolol.

TUMBLR.

JING: FOOD ADVENTURES #2

I was cleaning out my phone and noticed all of these photos and decided, well, what the heck, lol

Spoiler Spoiler

Tried out a new brunch place; plate was literally overflowing with food. (Salmon bruschetta...supposedly, lol).

Spoiler Spoiler

Same brunch place. It may be 11 in the morning, but it's never too early for a little drinking, haha. (Pineapple/blood orange and soju).

Spoiler Spoiler

A different brunch place (b/c I like brunch). Salmon egg Benedict; I'm eating my servings of omega-3, lol. v. delicious. <3

Spoiler Spoiler

My favorites surprised me with nabe/hotpot one night (driving up a hundred miles to spend a weekend with me). Truly, I am blessed.

Spoiler Spoiler

Crepe! We all ended up getting the same thing... lol (Strawberry, nutella, and ice cream).

Spoiler Spoiler

Tempura udon + California rolls. I was back in Davis and, well, I love this restaurant, haha.

Spoiler Spoiler

Okay. Can we just talk about tastes of childhood? Yes? Yes. Korroke (Japanese Croquette) is, ugh, my aunt used to make it for me whenever we visited. /sob (Yes, I had dinner at the same restaurant, lololol...)

Spoiler Spoiler

I found a restaurant that served tamago-don! dfhdfdjdf.dfjsdk. It was delicious. ; A ; Psst, spy the korroke in the background? Also delicious, lol..

Spoiler Spoiler

Just some comfort food. Not everyone's cup of tea, but right up my alley, yum yum yum. * w *

Spoiler Spoiler

Second time at 85 Degree (first time was down in Irvine)... I just wanted to take a photo of a dessert, lol.

Spoiler Spoiler

Cupcakes! Ignore the messy room, lol. my boyfriend is not the cleanest, haha.

Spoiler Spoiler

Chinese takeout, but champagne (glasses, didn't pour yet, lol) for the extra fancy 'coz I'm a fancy cat, lololol. /sad

Spoiler Spoiler

Krush Burger... looks pretty, lol. Um, yeah, it's got nothing on In-N-Out though... I ordered the crab cake and had a side of sweet potato tots... I'm not the biggest fan of sweet potatoes so... lol.

Spoiler Spoiler

obligatory In-N-Out picture now. Old as heck; I haven't been in ages. Also, spot the meatless burger? That's mine, lolol.

TUMBLR.