Login to your account

Thread: [CONFESSIONS] Dumbest Things Ever

[CONFESSIONS] Dumbest Things Ever

As the name suggests, we'll be sharing the dumbest things ever. They can be things we've witnessed someone do or things we've sent/said to someone. It could even be about dumb labels or dumb movies. Everything and anything dumb goes here. Just no name calling or bashing people, 'mkay?
    I shall start with these labels. They are freaking dumb. I'll even include the caption.

Only a moron would try to wash her daughter in a washing machine...
    or shake hands with the business end of a chainsaw...
    Several manufacturers of hair dryers thought it necessary to warn users of the dangers of sleep-drying, an affliction that, apparently, befell somebody.
    Label: Do not drive with sun shield in place.OK, so what is the sun shield for? Presumably, hanging out in your car, alone, sipping a 44-ounce fountain cup of Mountain Dew, air conditioning on, sun shade firmly in place, contemplating where you'll drive when the sun finally goes down. Or you could just take the sunshade out of the window and drive in the blistering sun without it.
    Label: This product may contain eggs.Product: A carton of eggs.So that's what those are!
    Last edited by Xavirne; 11-18-2014 at 03:59 PM.

"This product may contain eggs." Oh, really?

o_o Warning labels sometimes you are so funny.
    "The bittersweet tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone."
    Harriet Beecher Stowe

Nice topic! I have seen some dumb things somewhere... doubt I'll find it though.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Oh I remember a dumb thing! I bought a CD album recently in a store. When I tried to transfer my favorite songs to my iTunes the CD didn't show up. An diagnostics later it was revealed the CD was copyright protected so iTunes couldn't connect to the CD! I wanted those songs in my iPod! The dumb thing is that you could download and buy the songs via the iTunes store! I thought that was rather dumb (or perhaps annoying is a better word?). I mean I have the a copy already, why would I buy for the songs to be able to listen to them in my iPod?
    Last edited by Brook V; 08-31-2011 at 08:06 PM.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Quote Originally Posted by Zomby View Post
    "This product may contain eggs." Oh, really?

o_o Warning labels sometimes you are so funny.
    I know, right? Dumb labels are dumb. XP

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    Nice topic! I have seen some dumb things somewhere... doubt I'll find it though.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Oh I remember a dumb thing! I bought a CD album recently in a store. When I tried to transfer my favorite songs to my iTunes the CD didn't show up. An diagnostics later it was revealed the CD was copyright protected so iTunes couldn't connect to the CD! I wanted those songs in my iPod! The dumb thing is that you could download and buy for the songs via the iTunes store! I thought that was rather dumb (or perhaps annoying is a better word?). I mean I have the a copy already, why would I buy for the songs to be able to listen to them in my iPod?
    What?! That doesn't even make any sense. That is freaking dumb. Like... ugh, I'd be pissed. Return the CD and be like iTunes was being dumb. XD

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    What?! That doesn't even make any sense. That is freaking dumb. Like... ugh, I'd be pissed. Return the CD and be like iTunes was being dumb. XD
    Yeah. But I figured out a work around. Takes some extra times though. -__-
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Haha, well I worked in an FYE store for a number of years (which sells movies, CDs, video games... etc.) and one time I had this twenty-something guy come in the store, and he doesn't even bother to look around, but walks directly up to me at the front counter and asks, "Hey. Do youse guys sell CDs here?" (It's Jersey okay?) I looked right behind him at my stock of... well 135,000 CDs and said, "Nope. But I bet they have them at Walmart?"

Heh heh, you shoulda seen the dirty look he gave me when he bothered to turn around and look himself!

Quote Originally Posted by Telemachn View Post
    Haha, well I worked in an FYE store for a number of years (which sells movies, CDs, video games... etc.) and one time I had this twenty-something guy come in the store, and he doesn't even bother to look around, but walks directly up to me at the front counter and asks, "Hey. Do youse guys sell CDs here?" (It's Jersey okay?) I looked right behind him at my stock of... well 135,000 CDs and said, "Nope. But I bet they have them at Walmart?"

Heh heh, you shoulda seen the dirty look he gave me when he bothered to turn around and look himself!
    LMAO! OMG! That is great. I love that. XD

- hangouts -

I used to work for a Canadian call centre that was outsourced for taking calls from customers of Sprint (american cell company in case you didn't know). And seriously had some of the scariest, creepiest, and dumbest calls working there. I later worked for a company that took calls for Rogers, and it seriously didn't ever even come close to working for Sprint.

Anyways, the two dumbest calls I ever took:

My husband came to work for the same place and I was already on the floor taking phone calls when he was in training, and on the first day that he came to the floor to listen in on calls, I got a woman who was panicking because her cell phone wouldn't turn back on. And of course, I being the nice unassuming person I was, I thought she might genuinely have a problem, so I asked her what exactly happened. The phone battery had ran out, and she plugged it in to charge... all normal, and then she goes to tell me how it won't turn back on. That's about when I was like............ Did you press the power button?
    Lady: No, where's that?
    Me: .... See the button that's labelled power?
    Lady: Yes.
    Me: Press and hold that for a few seconds.
    Lady: Oh! It's turning on, thank you so much!

I laughed so hard at that one, but not as hard as I did after the next one....

This second call took place when we were still not allowed to hang up on customers, even after we said the parting phrase of 'Thank you for calling Sprint' etc.

Me: Thank you for calling Sprint, (etc)
    Guy: ...............................................
    Me: ...................................
    Guy:.....................................
    Me: Uh, hello? Are you still there?
    Guy: Yeah.... I don't know how to hang up....
    Me: ....... (me trying not to laugh).... Oh, if you have a flip phone just flip it closed, or if press the Off button.
    Guy: *click*

I had to put my phone on hold while I laughed me ass off about that one! XD
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

LMAO! Oh my god, I loved the second one. Imma use that one now. >3

- hangouts -

My boyfriend's cousin shared this with me....

A lady called 911 to ask for help. She was locked in her car.

-________-

The 911 responder told her to "Calmly pull up the locking mechanism and exit the car."

- hangouts -

I HAVE A GOOD ONE!

So, as you guys probably know by now I work for LensCrafters. For those of you who don't know (for whatever reason), they sell and make glasses as well as do eye exams there. I was closing one night and had just about everything ready to go, I just had to wait until 9 to close the gate and turn the lights off. It's probably 8:45 at this point and the phone rings. Those of you who work retail probably know how irritating it is to have someone come it or call right before closing as 9 times out of 10, they end up being complicated. So the conversation plays out like this:

Me: Thank you for calling LensCrafters, this is Samantha. May I schedule you an eye exam today?
    Lady: ... ... ...
    Me: Hello?
    Lady: Yes, I was calling to confirm my sons birthday party for this Thursday.
    Me: I believe you have the wrong number.
    Lady: This isn't (whatever the place she was trying to call)?
    Me: No, this is LensCrafters.
    Lady: What?
    Me: LensCrafters.
    Lady: What's that?
    Me: We make glasses.

Eghads, Duke has a deviantART?!

Quote Originally Posted by ISOS Duke View Post
    I HAVE A GOOD ONE!

So, as you guys probably know by now I work for LensCrafters. For those of you who don't know (for whatever reason), they sell and make glasses as well as do eye exams there. I was closing one night and had just about everything ready to go, I just had to wait until 9 to close the gate and turn the lights off. It's probably 8:45 at this point and the phone rings. Those of you who work retail probably know how irritating it is to have someone come it or call right before closing as 9 times out of 10, they end up being complicated. So the conversation plays out like this:

Me: Thank you for calling LensCrafters, this is Samantha. May I schedule you an eye exam today?
    Lady: ... ... ...
    Me: Hello?
    Lady: Yes, I was calling to confirm my sons birthday party for this Thursday.
    Me: I believe you have the wrong number.
    Lady: This isn't (whatever the place she was trying to call)?
    Me: No, this is LensCrafters.
    Lady: What?
    Me: LensCrafters.
    Lady: What's that?
    Me: We make glasses.
    XD
    This just made my night. Laughing so hard right now!

- hangouts -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    XD
    This just made my night. Laughing so hard right now!
    It was so stupid! At first I was mad because the phone was ringing and then after the conversation it was a 'what the f*ck' moment before I had to tell my manager XD

The lady was convinced that she was calling some playground-like place. I couldn't entirely understand what she was saying through her accent though >.>

Eghads, Duke has a deviantART?!

Background NPC
    My wife once confused her eye drops with fingernail glue at her cousins wedding...not fun