Login to your account

The Quest (Story)

In a world that is ruled by an evil demon one group will fight to end his reign.......

Tags: approval, boss battles, linear, tactical

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: shockingzelda

Created: 01-23-2012, 07:43 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
  1. Characters in this post:
    Kiylo nodded, still a bit concerned for the man who was coughing up blood. But something caught her attention.

"Oh... That smells good...." she mumbled. "Like... Chocolate and... its a bit sharper then strawberries... Must be cherries." A smile creeped onto her lips, practically able to taste the sweetness of the dessert on her tongue. This one smelled even better then the last one, and she couldn't wait to actually taste it.

She leaned forward and took a quick bite of it, not able to resist. There was something about sweets and pastries that Kiylo couldn't say no to. She felt a little guilty when she just did what she did, but she was extremely delighted in the deliciousness.

"I, she laugh some, putting a hand up to her mouth so she could talk. "I'm sorry." The grin danced across her face, as if she forgot about all that happened in the past day.

The plans sounded good, so she nodded in reply, still savoring the taste of the petit four. But she stopped suddenly, turning her face- mostly out of habit.

"I can repay you for the clothing." she said, remembering that she left her little bag at the house. It had a few coins in it, probably barely enough to repay.

2. Characters in this post:
    Tink patted Kiylo's arm on his shoulder with his free hand, trying to comfort her. "I think he is. I hope he also gets some help to keep the woman who did that to him away from him. Quite unhealthy that sort of relationship." Tink shrugged returning his attention to the cherry and chocolate petit four. "This place is quite strange. Quite the hustle and bustle."

He looked at the treat in his hand. "Alright, next one. Tell me what flavor you think this one is." He lifted the treat to Kiylo's mouth, letting her smell the chocolate cherry concoction. "After this one, I will give you something a bit more substantial I think. Or at least something that resembles healthy."

"Then maybe we can meander through town and see about getting you some more clothes. Then we can go to that tournament." Tink smiled, looking in the bag at some of the other treats. He was saving the strawberry one for last. It wasn't really more substantial, but he thought she would like it best.

3. Characters in this post:
    Kiylo was about to agree to the plans made and take the confection, but instead ended up grabbing and an arm (she was sure it was Tink's) when a loud scream and a crashing sound came nearby. Very near-by actually.

"Coughing up blood...?" she asked quietly, more to herself then anyone else. She then heard the voice say something gurgled before it faded away with uneven steps.

"Hopefully he won't die." she bit down on her lip and had her eyebrows knit together. It was out of concern and not being upset, but it looked as it could be either. "Is he going towards the hospital? Is there one near here?" She disliked the fact that he might not be getting the medical attention he needed.

Her stomach was still growling at her, begging for the petit four. Anything strawberry, the rumbling organ would absolutely love. Except if it had carrots in it too, then it absolutely hate it instead.

4. Characters in this post:
    He took the hankie nicely and proceeded to clean himself up. "Do you think I haven't tried to leave her before?" he asked the man,"Last time I tried it she came after me with an axe. I do not want to do that again. But, I will go to the doctor to get myself looked at. Thanks for the hankie," He walked away toward a hospital that just happened to be across the street.

5. Characters in this post:
    Tink pulled back the petit four as a man came flying out of no where toward the pair. he moved himself between the flying man and Kiylo protectively. The man landed and promptly started speaking and coughing up blood. Tink frowned, pulling a white, linen kerchief from his breast pocket and offering it to him.

"You know, you really shouldn't allow yourself to be in such an abusive relationship. I think she may have done some real damage to you...coughing up blood is a sign that your internals have gone quite wrong. Punctured lung or bleeding stomach most likely. Very unhealthy for you. You really ought to go and see a doctor." Tink fluffed the kerchief slightly in the man's direction as he spoke, hoping he would take it and his bleeding self away from their food.

6. Characters in this post:
    "AHHHHHHH!" he said as he went flying through the air. He landed just a bit past Tink and Kiylo's Table. "Why did I ever date a woman who can throw me? Sorry about that you guys, I pissed off my wife and yeah," he coughed up a bit more blood. "Can I borrow a napkin or something to clean myself up with please?" He hoped these two would be kind enough to give him something to help him.

7. Characters in this post:
    "Try it, it's a hazelnut creme cake with thin slices of strawberry as garnish. We have several different flavors here for you to try. I have always been fond of petit fours. A couple of bites and you can try all sort of flavors and eat the same amount as a regular slice of cake. Did you know, originally, petit fours were made at the end of the day when the wood had run out in the fire? It was so the bakers could get one last thing done with the heat of their ovens. They found that smaller things cooked evenly and small things like these were popular at tea or with coffee." He fished another small box out of the bag opening it as he waited for Kiylo to try the other treat.

"Cake in general used to be very different from what it is today because they didn't have refined sugar. In fact, cakes used to be more like breads. They would be very dense and filled with nuts and fruits and maybe sweetened with honey. I guess the closest modern equivalent is the fruit cake." Tink grinned, looking at the next box he had chosen. A traditional cherry bomb: chocolate mouse on top of a cherry jelee and coated in chocolate ganache.

"I was thinking after we have stuffed ourselves with sugar and cream, we can go to the clothing shop and then to the tournament. Maybe...stop by a ah...clockworks shop if they have one and we have time."

8. Characters in this post:
    "I was talking to the boss," he said to the girl, "I was getting a tour of the place so I know my way around," He went into the changing room and changed into a Black Button-Up, Black Overcoat, Black Top Hat, Black Mask, Black Dress Pants, and Pink Dress Shoes.

9. Characters in this post:
    Amy had already changed into her costume, it was just a pair of black shorts with a white tank top along with a black leather glove on one hand and a pair of sunglasses that rested on her head.

When she played, she didn't want to people to know it was her. She wanted to be know for her skills, not her dad's money and power

Not being able to locate where her partner was, she decided to go and find someone to talk to. Slipping her sunglasses in front of her eyes, she walked around that interested her. Finding nobody to talk to, she plopped onto a bench and let out a sigh.

She was now extremely bored, and it wouldn't be their turn for quite some time. 'There's no point being here, doing nothing," she thought. Getting on her feet, she just jumped on top of the bench and then proceeded to jump from locker to locker.

On her perch, Amy saw Kotori walking away from the boss. When he had stopped in front of a locker, she hopped down and landed silently on her feet. "Where were you?" she whined, pouncing him. "I was sooo bored"

10. Characters in this post:
    "I smell cream, lots of it... Some cinnamon, but I think hazelnut is overpowering it, so I doubt it's cinnamon, unless its nutmeg." she took in a deep sigh as a large smile broke out across her face.

"Some strawberry... Is it a filling or a topping? I've only had petit fours once... a long time ago. I never could make them right, but my aunt could." The smile started to fade a little bit, but she made it come back as she took in another deep breath of the delicious pastry.

"It also has deliciousness in it. I can tell." she said, that melodic laugh dancing in her voice again. She was truly in a good mood right now. Never had she thought that she would be in Slorth, with someone that was as nice as Tink, being quizzed on spices and pastries. And blind, nevertheless. And she was already having a blast.

11. Characters in this post:
    Tink grinned and led Kiylo into the shop. He paused by the doorway as a woman dragged a bleeding man from the shop. He went up to the counter with Kiylo and looked at the shopkeep. "I would like one of each one of the petit fours. And one of each one of those pastys there." He waited for the young woman to fetch them and bag them up before paying and leading Kiylo to a place to sit on the market street.

he eventually found a nice corner by a fountain in a small square where people seemed to gather to sit and eat and show off their wares they had just bought with friends. "Alright, we'll play a game. I'll bet you can tell what each one of these little treats is by the taste and even some of the ingredients."

He pulled one of the small boxes with the first confection from the bag of petit fours, leaving the bag of breads for later. he opened the box and pulled out the treat, holding the two bite morsel up to Kiylo's nose so she could smell the rich creamy sweetness of the treat.

12. Characters in this post:
    Kiylo smiled broadly, before shrugging her shoulders lightly to the answer to Tink's rhetorical question.

"Why do you sound upset? I like the name. It's fun to say." she leaned against him as they started to walk into the market, loud voices and a whole bunch of moving bodies started to make her feel a bit uneasy. Her grip on his arm getting a bit tight. She bit down on the inside of her lip, a bit nervous with all the people around.

But suddenly, a delicious smell passed her nose. She savored the smell and smiled again, all the nervousness fading away from her. "Oh, that smells just amazing." her stomach growled, but she ignored it. "No. Its fine... Unless there are strawberry fillings..." she said quietly.

13. Characters in this post:
    "You too eh?" Tink said mocking hurt at the use of his full name. Well, at least he didn't have it as bad as some of his brothers. I mean- Minty Fresh was a pretty horrible name and Wurthers not much better. And Ashley and Marion had threatened his sensitive bits should he use their full name in public. He swore to himself that should he ever have children he would give them normal names, like George, Jonathan and maybe go so far as Albert. Yes, that was a perfectly lovely, normal name.

"To the market then. Goodness it is quite a kerfuffle here. All the Autos and people." He led Kiylo through the streets, trying to keep away from the main traffic until they got to the market street. Once there, there wasn't much he could do. People everywhere.

"Ooo...smell that?" he asked as they passed by a shop selling freshly baked bread and pastries. "Want a pasty? I hear they have little buns stuffed with curried lamb that are simply glorious."

14. Characters in this post:
    At the market Bonnie had found Clyde. While hitting him upside the head she said to him,"WHY DID YOU LEAVE? HUH? I TOLD YOU THIS WAS GOING TO BE A BIG ONE AND YOU BLEW IT YOU KNUCKLE HEAD! ALL BECAUSE YOU WERE HUNGRY! I SWEAR TO DEVILICULITUS THAT IF YOU CAN'T FIX THAT SMALL STOMACHE OF YOURS I'M GOING RIP IT OUTTA YAH!"

"I am sorry," he said to his wife while bleeding floods worth of blood out his nose. "I didn't mean to anger you my wife. I just wanted some food is all can't a guy have some food when he wants it?" He coughed up a lot of blood.

She dragged him away mubling,"I swear you are the worst partner I have ever met in the history of-" her voice trailed off a little as she walked further away.

15. Characters in this post:
    Kiylo's steps were unsteady at first as she tried to get used to walking on uneven ground. She leaned against Tink gently, just enough to balance herself right for each step, until they were stopped by a deep voice that called something like... Tinklington? She smiled, her lips curling up into a small grin.

He started to lead her away from the house, telling her about their surroundings. She took in a deep breath of the good smelling air, a wave of calmness going over her. Her grin faded into a little smile, just barely there as she did as told walking through the forest.

Soon they made into town, and she didn't need him to tell her so. It was loud and smelly, voices of screaming people, machines and other things the girl couldn't recognize. She held onto Tink a bit tighter then she was before, a bit nervous about the crowd.

The young man that served as her guide stopped, and seemed to become interested in something called a Poke-Dem Tournament. She tilted her head lightly and shrugged.

"I guess we could. I've never been to one," her grin returned. "Tinklington." She couldn't help but remember what his brother (or maybe it was his father? She couldn't tell) had called him earlier. Of course she had said this in a playful voice, the name just rolling off of her tongue like some kind of song.

16. Characters in this post:
    Tink looked up and down the main street of the city upon arriving. By the flow of the foot traffic (and other traffic), it was easy enough to tell what direction the market was in. Standing on the outside of the sidewalk so as to protect Kiylo from any of the car smoke or muck flung up by the tires, Tink led her down the street.

He stopped after a while and looked at one of the posters on the side of a pub. "It seems there is a big Poke-Dem Tournament today. Maybe after a trip to the market we can go and mock the poor luck and bad draws of the competitors?"

17. Characters in this post:
    Tink led Kiylo through the house and out the front door, locking it despite the fact that it was basically a futile effort. Who would steal from a house that looked like (and actually had been) it had literally been tossed into its place in the middle of the woods. It was slightly askew on the ground since the ground wasn't flat, the damage to the roof tiles was still evident though the main structural damage had been fixed magically. Even through the windows you could see the general dishevelment of the house that had been ransacked the day before and then tossed about. Tink grimaced at the sight of his family home in daylight.

"They really did a number on our house. I'm going to have to find a way to lift it so I can clear and stabilize the ground so it doesn't get much more lopsided or we're going to have to eat breakfast on the walls instead of the floor." Tink expelled a huff of air as he placed his top hat atop his head. he touched his sleeve to Kiylo's hand again to get her to grab on.

From above, Wurthers shouted down. "Oye Tinklington." Tink looked up, knowing his brother only used his full name when he actually had something to say (or wanted to tease him). "Be back this afternoon, we'll need your...ah...help with some things."

"Alright." Tink shouted back.

He led Kiylo away from the house. "Smell that? Fresh pine with the morning dew just drying in the sun. You can probably also feel the needles beneath your feet, the thin pine needles feel and sound different than the soft squishy leaves of other trees." He led Kiylo through the edge of the woods occasionally telling her "up" "down" "Step high" "obstruction" in a soft voice as he carefully watched the path and to make it easier for her to know what was coming.

Soon the pair made it to town. Loud, noisy Slorth.

Tink made an extra effort to stay out of the way of any guards. He wanted no trouble today. None at all.

18. Characters in this post:
    "Okay it is time to move out. Be extremely silent," she said, "I will take out the big guys. You go in and take everything you can get. You got that?" She got out her sniper rifle and started aiming at the boys. It was using knockout ammo. She was a great shot so every shot she used hit the target. She aimed at all the boys heads and was about to pull the trigger until she noticed Clyde was absolutely nowhere to be found. "Oh my god did he leave to go get food? Great this operation is dead now. Mother of god, I am going to kill him I swear," she put up her sniper rifle and started to try and find Clyde.

19. Characters in this post:
    Kiylo felt the cane in her hands, her finger occasionally slipping over the little button. She didn't want to actidently push it, so she stopped, resting her fingers on top of the chilled metal.

A light blush went across her cheeks when he complimented her, and from the snickering coming from the two twins, she guessed that Tink was blushing as well. Kind of glad that she was not alone in feeling a bit flustered, she gained a bit of confidence.

She smiled when she heard the twins bicker for a few seconds, before Tink interfered. It was as if anything Tink said, the two would obey it- with a few complaints, but they would do it anyway. She felt a bit out of place in this atmosphere, seeing as how she was never really able to get along with her family, or those who claimed they were family.

She was lost in thought when something brushed against her arm. He took the arm, and they set out on their little adventure to the Market.

20. Characters in this post:
    "There is no need for thanks." Tink waved a hand idly. "Any gentleman would do the same." Tink finished his cup of tea quickly. "But, I have somthing for you."

He moved his chair closer to Kiylo and placed the cane against her hand. "This has a dual purpose. You can use it to feel the ground in front of you in case you do not have a companion. And feel the button here? if you press it, the tip will shoot out a numbing gas." Tink grinned, "Also, it is very stylish, smooth light maple, topped with a silver ball cap. The point is titanium so it won't wear down from use. And, it matches mine."

"If you are all ready, shall we head into town? We make quite a fine pair if I do say so myself. You look lovely in that dress." Tink blushed, once again half thankful Kiylo couldn't see him. But, when the twins started snickering, it would be fairly obvious. Tink cleared his throat and stood. "You two should tidy up the house. We need to make the best of things here. I know Minty and Wuthers are already working on some of the damages and various messes. You two should join them. I will get supplies from town while I am there. Anything you two need?"

"Lemon Zingers." "Cocoa Clusters." "Hot Tops." "Lamb chops." "Lamb chops? Really Ashley?" "I like lamb chops. Shut up."

"I'll get you guys something." Tink cut in before they could really take off into an argument.

He offered an arm to Kiylo, gently brushing his sleeve against her fingers as a cue. "Shall we M'Lady Fair?"