Login to your account

Shadows of Grandeur

A nWoD mortals campaign set in a modern day metropolis. WARNING- I AM DOING THIS BASED ON INVITE. Applying without me knowing you is not going to work......

Tags: contemperary, dark, horror, modern, mystery, new world of darkness, urban, world of darkness

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: Clockwurke Bear

Created: 01-17-2012, 02:25 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC

Overview

Introduction

The city of Penbrooke- A thriving city in central Washington. However, despite all the normal urban lifestyle, something sinister may be happening. Most of the people living their have no idea, no time to search, and no desire to lose their comfortable lives. But others are different. You're one of them aren't you? Once you learn that a secret exists, you can't let it go without learning more. For better or worse you're tied into the fate of what happens. I only hope you don't come to regret it.

Rules

I know most of you in real life- But not all of you know all my rules. So no matter what READ THESE-

1. POST AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK IF POSSIBLE.
I cannot stress this enough. Too many posts are hard for me- Too little is impossible for me. I can't keep you in the world if you don't post. NOTE: If you post a reason for your absence in the OoCC, then you will be excused (but you should note what your character will be doing either while waiting, or for someone else to play) more than a month without posting or reasons means that your character will have something bad happen- But they might not die, so get back soon.

2. This is story NOT rules driven.
I know we're playing an RPG, and there will be dice rolls and special interactions spewing everywhere. BUT if you want to do something- Go for it! Your characters don't know all the universe's limits. They don't know how foolhardy somethings may be. And they definately don't know dot for dot their character sheet. I'm not saying they don't have vague ideas- But this is actively trying to prevent meta-gaming. Forget making your character  play perfect, and instead perfect playing your character. I'll bend the rules for good story telling- SO you should forget them from time to time.

3. I am not your friend, nor your enemy.
I'm telling this story. As such, I have a lot of control over what might hurt or help you. Unless it makes good story telling, I'm not interested in what you want. I've been to soft in the past- No more. If you get in combat you can't win, that's your character's fault isn't it? Just because I'm controlling the fighter doesn't mean I have anything against you though. I'll try and be friendly- But know that NOTHING I do is personal.

4. Stay in character.
Metagaming will be punishable. I'll confirm with you on some questionable ones, and if you don't know what to do, talk with me, and I'll help you through it.

5. Have fun.
This is a GAME. It's supposed to fun. Unnerving, gritty, and dark at times- But fun. If you aren't enjoying it, talk to me about it. But remember, don't take it too seriously. Bad things will happen, and other characters may be mean or outright cruel to you. But that's part of the game. I don't want to see you getting in fights with each other OOC.

6. I AM YOUR GOD.
I own this game. That means what I say is how it goes- You can appeal, and negotiate, or ask for things, but arguing will get you nowhere. With that in mind, I will be your guide as well. Remember that as you descend into the world of darkness.