Login to your account

Thread: The Birthday Thread

The Birthday Thread

So... next week is my birthday. I will be 32.

Likely I will celebrate by going out to the drive in movie with my husband and my boy. (Drive ins are perfect for a newborn...feed/change babe in the privacy of your own car and no one else has to worry about fussy baby.) But, going to the drive-in is sort of a birthday tradition that my husband and I have. We stop at the gas station on the way, get ridiculously large beverages (I get tea, he gets...whatever), some hot dogs and a few snacks. Then we trundle over to the drive in and pick out the silliest double feature we can find. It usually involves zombies or super heroes.

So, my question is not, when is your birthday? But rather... what are your birthday traditions?

Well damn, that sounds like it's gonna be a great birthday! I will have to remember to spam your homepage with birthday wishes on the day of! Haha~

My birthday is the 27th of May! It usually rains on my birthday... so as a child it was usually tradition for me to plan a "super awesome fun beach party~!" and then get it rained out. xD But I usually don't go too crazy about the whole day, at most I go out to dinner at my favorite local place to eat and possibly have a cheesy movie night/dizzy drunk dance party with a very small group of friends.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Cheesy movies for birthdays are fun. Something you can kick back with friends and watch while totally mocking it and just laughing at the silliness. (Liquor usually helps in watching the cheesy movies.)

I've actually been totally swept up by a really bad horror flick when I had consumed a little too much for my own good... and my friends had a hay day with it. It involved like.. super mutated bears... and they had convinced me the bears were outside. I apparently suggested, "Let's order pizza, so they eat the pizza guy and don't want to eat us anymore..." o-o

This idea... I thought was brilliant.

One time, my friends and I had a party and collectively we were all just wasted. Being the gamers that we are, we were watching what was then the new DnD movie. It was a terrible movie and being old school DnD'er we decided that we could put together a better adventure. So we got together our adventuring supplies: a ten foot pole (a broom stick), rations (left over taco bell- drinking food of champions and college students), ten feet of rope (mardi gras beads) and assorted weaponry (mostly nerf or foam). Then they set out. I was to stay behind as the lookout in case anything went wrong. It was my job to watch the hideout...also, I was the voice of reason and thus the "healer" of the group. And that is my shameful movie drunk story... also a shameful pseudo-LARPing story.

I love every second of that story! Hahaha! I never thought of the use of mardi gras beads. I have gotten my little brother, sister and the few other kids in their neighborhood into LARPing before they even realize what it is. I set up quests, give them weapons, potions, ect...

I am the DUNGEON MASTAAHHH.

OMG this thread is too funny... go Shiz XD
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

C'mon Kytti, tell us a little bit about your birthday festivities! Join in the fun~!

dWell if you really want lol Not that it's anywhere close to as good as you guys.
    On the upside:Used to go to those restaurants all the time with the free birthday dinners when I lived someplace that had them. Sometimes would go out to see movies, or stay home. Depending on what we did for the hubby's birthday (his is 4 days before mine XD) And then, used to have little birthday get togethers with friends since my a really good friend of mine's birthday is exactly one week after mine, so we'd have some fun, drink, watch a movie or just goof off.

The downside, waiting for whatever disaster was going to happen... Don't get me wrong, I don't wait around and mope for it, but something bad happens every year on my birthday since I can remember. For example, a couple years ago, summary of the phone call from my father; 'Happy birthday. Unfortunately your great grandma died last night.'

Anyways, glad to know you guys have great birthdays^^ That's awesome lol

Oh and just cuz I haveta... woot I am not the oldest on the site! lol
    Last edited by Tigerkytti; 10-16-2011 at 12:11 AM.
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

B-day on Nov 28!

Don't really have any birthday traditions. Completely depends on what day of the week it is, being that most of my family works or goes to school.

The birthday that was before my latest b-day was pretty fun (or so my family thought), my mom decided to surprise me and invited my friends and family to our home without me knowing. She put up little flyers in the house that said happy 20-th! With my picture on it. I came down from the bathroom (IN A TOWEL) to dry my hair and didn't notice any of the flyers- actually started to blowdry my hair before my mom BURST into laugher because I hadn't notice all the people sitting a meter away from me. Or the flyers for that matter.

-_-' Thanks mom.
    Last edited by Impish; 10-16-2011 at 03:05 AM.

In High School, I had a string of horrible birthdays. My Freshman year, my parents just plain forgot about my birthday. Not in the 'heh, we're going to surprise you' way, but in the honest to goodness...holy crap, it is your birthday, isn't it. Sophomore years I was out of town on a Soccer trip and the whole tournament got canceled because it stormed so badly the city we were in flooded. Junior year was a surprise party that was a surprise failure...but not really all that bad. Senior year takes the prize for worst birthday ever. I spent all day in the emergency room (followed by a nice long hospital stay) because my appendix spontaneously ruptured at about 9am.