Login to your account

Thread: I hate to say that I'm rusty

Humble Farmer With a Sword undomesticated equines's Avatar

I hate to say that I'm rusty

Though that's what I typically am now. I haven't roleplayed, or written seriously in about a year. It was a mix of growing out of the younger population on Gaia, and just not feeling motivated enough. Now I'm motivated enough, and in need of a more mature and trustworthy group of people. I hate to say it, though typically most people in the general roleplaying community make me cringe. I know it's probably people just starting out, and heck I was them too. (honestly what I'm referring to is terms people use from like anime and things like that. Don't get me wrong, I used to really love anime but it's just so unrealistic to me now.)

I enjoy one on one roleplays the most, because in a way it's more personal. I also don't have time to go with the way a group is fast paced sometimes.

Haha, I can sympathize (a little) with the Gaia population. It's harder to find older/more mature role-players and, when you do, they often bring with them their entire fucking posse, which, more often than not, is very irritating. lol.

But welcome to WTF! Haha, this is my first time welcoming someone to the forum and it's kind of epically exciting... Not really, but I'm going to pretend it is...

Anyway, there's a lot of one/one search threads here and people are, from what I've seen thus far, really friendly. (:

Welcome. I think you will like it here. I think, in general, we have an older population here. With the separation of the games into general and adult, you should be able to find more mature people to roleplay with (and hopefully less annoying...though I can't speak to that).

I hope you find what you are looking for here. I don't participate in one on one games myself (I prefer GM led, plotted out games), I know there is an active community of people who are one on one players- both in thread games and in the full feature games.

W00tz. Another new person to the wonderful WTFRPG. As the others have stated, I'm sure you'll find people to roleplay with. Just look around, mingle with people, and have fun. I'm sure I'll be seeing you around.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Thank you all :]

Welcome to WTFRPG! xD I love your username. Like, for serious. xD

We do have a group of regulars here that are, by and large, college-age, give or take a few years. And a good number of them either prefer 1x1 games or are perfectly happy to play in them while they also handle their group rps. :3 I can't speak for your threshold of what "annoying" is, but I'd like to think our regulars are largely entertaining rather than tiresome or weird to be "kewlsies/kawaii". xD;

I hope you have the chance to look around and find something you're interested in. :3 There ought to be a lot, provided you're willing to put in the effort. xD As the site grows, it should be easier to find more like-minded people. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Haha, thanks. My username was inspired by the amazing Teal'c

I'm still trying to figure out the site and attempt to nestle my way into things, haha. It's been a long time since I've had to completely start from scratch
    don't blink

message me if you'd like to do a one x one.
    I like the gay stuff.

Shenko ftw.

Indeed, hooray for Teal'c.

Welcome! I hope you'll have fun here!
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

A lot of people have said that upon entering this site, and then merely a few weeks later are right back on track or even better than they used to be... so I wouldn't sweat it. ^_^

WTF does have a lot more to offer than Gaia did, aside from the advantage of that website having more numbers, we make up for it with widespread quality. Although I do like looking back at how I used to role play in the past,

"*She wandered in biting her lips while whispering to herself* Where should I sit? *sits down in empty corner of room with magic cat*"

Hahaha. I for one love how I thought you could whisper while biting your lips at the same time. It is a strangely difficult task for me... xD And I also enjoyed how I was very eager to meet others but constantly hid somewhere... with some kind of animal. ><; I'm happy to say I have grown a lot since then!

Well, anyway... we have a vast amount of one on one pages that have great ideas, pairings and members inside. I'm sure you will be able to find something of your taste right away! Please enjoy your time here and if you ever need anyone to shoot the metaphorical shit with I am online often~.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.