Login to your account

View Poll Results: Should this "Cael" be allowed anywhere near your children?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 40.00%
  • No

3 60.00%

Thread: The lurker appears from the shadows...

The lurker appears from the shadows...

The ominous figure affixes his weary eyes upon you. Those eyes reflect the desolation of solitude, the shattered spirit of vagabond drifting through the vast, ceaseless desert of the forsaken. He is famished, parched, seeking the sustenance of worthwhile human interaction that he has found lacking in his stubborn existence for far too many suns and moons to count. This scornful deficiency spurns him on as he makes his approach, the slick sweat of desperation creeping over his brow. He is a man run out of chances, run out of choices, and only the tiniest flicker of hope still defiantly ripples through his countenance.

The hesitation of the moment breaks, and he opens his mouth to speak.

"Hey, dude, do you, like, know where the bathroom is?"

So, this introduction has been long overdue, though certainly not because I'm a person of any import. I registered a month or so ago, so simply put, it's about time.

Hello! I am Cael. I like to RP, and I would like to do more of it in a new place. I recently decided to look elsewhere from Gaia, and that brought me here.

Unfortunately, instead of doing any RP I've been spending my time lurking, and that's not good. I may even continue to lurk a little longer as I try to settle in and get a grip on my life schedule, but meanwhile I would like to actually start posting something, even if it's complete nonsense.

If it's of any consequence, I'm apparently male, I'm 23 soon to be 24, and I am currently working full time but I will be going back to finish my edumacashin in the Spring. I'm a rather avid gamer and I have a certain affinity for anime/manga.

I have been roleplaying in some form or another, mostly on forums or play-by-post, on and off for, like, ever. Or at least over 10 years. Maybe 2 years of practical experience considering how sporadic it's been, and considering how many RPs sadly never really take off. I tend to be pretty obedient to basic English and grammar and maybe I'm a tolerably decent writer sometimes. And no, I don't RP with as purple~y prose as my little mock character intro above, rest you assured.

I am interested mainly in RPs with an engaging plot with some kind of action or conflict, framed by the staples of dramedy. I absolutely love a diverse, ensemble cast of characters and the interplay of various character relationships, which I think is what attracts me so much to mainly group RPs; no one main character, and certainly no ubiquitous Mary Sues and so forth. I like stupid stuff like big fights, swords, guns, explosions, mecha/robots, dinosaurs, jets, more explosions, superpowers, monsters, and shiny things.

And from what I have seen I think I like all of you. This looks like a great community, so I look forward to meeting you.

In conclusion, I (very clearly) have a problem of not being concise and if you made it this far you deserve some kind of medal. So I'll stop now.

Well welcome then to WTF XD Or well welcome now that you've sort of stopped lurking and we know your hear, thus ripe for the pickings... I mean and we can now interact more so with you! ^^

Your intro most definitely had me laughing, that was quite unique lol Since you've been lurking about, I'm sure you know lots of stuff, or at the very least... you know who to ask to get answers soooo I'll skip over that part of the welcoming.

Anywho you sound like you will be a great fun addition to have around^^ Hope you have lots of fun too, though I'd be careful about being in the shadows too much... you never know what you might find there
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Oh, wow, I didn't think I would get such a quick response! Nice!

That's the other thing I forgot to mention, I'm a late night person. Glad to see another!

Thanks for the welcome, and the warning! I am probably a bit too clumsy to be walking around in the shadows blindly. Although if you mean there is some more sinister kind of danger I need to avoid, I can only reply that I have a dark side myself... Haha... hahaha! HA! HAHAHA! >:D

...So, yeah, nice to meet you! :D

Just happened to be lurking about the site myself, looking to see if anything interesting was going on when you posted, lucky lucky you lol XD Wootness for another night owl type. Definitely need more of those around here, because can never have enough.^^

And not a problem, just being friendly me and all that^^ Figured there might be from well... the pic and poll attached. More crazy to go around, wonderful

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerkytti View Post
    Hope you have lots of fun too, though I'd be careful about being in the shadows too much... you never know what you might find there
    Makuta lies in the shadows...

(Sorry for the randomness)

Hey and welcome Cael to the board! Even though you have been here for some time. A bit of funny trivia, I got a character on here named Cael!
    I hope you'll have fun here. Hope to see you around when your schedule is better.

Btw Project Armor is a mecha roleplay.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Is it just my computer or are the smileys out of place? O.o
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Sweet. I get a medal. Now does it come with a kiss? Bwah ha ha. <3

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Salutations, Cael! I enjoyed the way you went about your introduction. And the bathroom is somewhere down there, just go down those 138 creaking spiral stairs, on your left you will see a door with a red light hanging above it (you may or may not hear some screaming) but don't go in there... instead go right, down another hall where the floor has been replaced with trampolines. Right at the end is the bathroom, oh and it's both a male and female bathroom... so watch out. ^_^;

Anyway... video games, anime and manga have a good sized fan base around this site... even some groups (if you've seen those yet) dedicated to the fans. As a lurker you probably already know a lot of what the site has to offer, but it's nice to see you've taken the time to pop your head out. Also... swords, guns, explosions, mecha/robots, dinosaurs, jets, more explosions, superpowers, monsters and shiny things are not stupid!!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Hello, hello! Welcome to WTF RPG. :3 From your post, I gather that you've done a little bit of lurking to decide whether or not you're going to stick with us - so I'm glad the answer was 'yes'. :3 Don't worry about not having much time to do much more than lurk and offer a comment here or there. xD It's all I'm currently doing at the moment myself. xD; It's also a good way to look at what we have available and who you get along with and so on. :3 (Not that everyone on the site doesn't have a special something of their own - but sometimes you click more with some people than others, leading you to being more involved with a game/group, yes? :3)

Anyhoo - welcome welcome. :3 Hope to see you posting up a storm around the site!
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

@Tigerkytti: I think a little crazy is a great asset to good RP! Glad to see I'm among friends.

Now all I need to know is who else voted "No" in the poll... I am great with kids, I will have you know! Maybe not the best influence, but I don't purposely try to, like, hurt them, or anything. Not usually.

@Brook: Thank you! Cael is a great name! :D I mainly used it because it's a short form of the Latin word for sky (and I think heaven), caelus. It's also kind of in my REAL name, which I will have you know is Michael. [mi]C[h]ael. Maybe it's a bet of a stretch to say so but I think it's the best part of my name.

I will take a look at this Project Armor!

As for the smilies, that's why I'm glad this forum allows you to disable them. I'm just too used to the way text smilies look. Like my personal favorite below:

D:

@Xavirne: Well, apparently you own me now, so I guess I'm yours to do with what you would like. Just remember to feed me somewhat regularly and let me out once in a while. ;)

@Schizophrenic: Thank you for the directions! Unfortunately, I forget things easily and once I saw the door with the red light I thought, "This must be it. Bathrooms always have a handy red light to let you know where they are." So, I went in and... yeah, some things you can't unsee.

But, yes, you're absolutely right! Those things are, in fact, the exact opposite of stupid. I guess sometimes I just feel ashamed that I haven't "grown up," but most of the time I don't worry about it. Hence why I RP.

@Maneki Neko: Thank you for having me, and making such a nice place that fosters a good community. It is indeed the reason why I have chosen to take the plunge, as I have been searching for a good place for a while. As for my posting up a storm, well, careful what you wish for~

All in all, thank you everyone for the warm welcome and proving exactly why I need to get back into the groove of RP. :)

Hehe, only a little crazy? I mean... yes, a little crazy! That's it, t'is all *looks around shifty-eyed* Wow, someone voted no o.o I find the nice crazy people to be the best with kids because they're more likely to understand them. Tsk tsk to the mean person who said that.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

D: You must think I'm a terrible owner. Not only will I feed you, but I will also wash, dress, and love you. I might even let you watch TV, but only if you're good. XP

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369