Login to your account

Thread: Dream/Goal/Wish Thread~!

Dream/Goal/Wish Thread~!

It really may just be the mood I'm in right now, but I would really like to make a neat little thread where we can all post about the following...

Dreams and Wishes

We all have them, sure some of them may be over the top but hey who knows, according to almost every kids movie, "anything is possible"! I want to hear what dreams you have, they can be something as small as what you would wish the outcome of your day to be or where you would like to be by this time next year!

Some questions to get you started...

• Do you have a dream job?
    • Is there a place you've always wished to live or visit?
    • If you could meet anyone in the world, who would you meet?
    • Is there some kind of alternative universe you think would be far more ideal than our own?
    • If you could make one wish, and it can't be for more wishes, what would it be?

Goals

It's always nice to have them. I believe just making a goal is taking a big step in the right direction, and sometimes just saying them in our heads isn't enough. So how about we write them here and maybe even talk about how we could reach them.

I've always thought it's better to set smaller goals to slowly reach for a larger one, so if you have a really big goal that you think may be "unrealistic" try writing out a few smaller ones that could bring you toward that goal.

Some questions to get you started...

• Do you have a family goal?
    • Do you have any goals in love?
    • Do you have any goals in friendship?
    • Any work/educational goals?
    • Have your goals changed over time? And for good or worse?
    • Have you ever failed to reach a goal due to your own procrastination or lack of faith in yourself?
    • Is the world goal beginning to look funny to you? (Because it is to me.)

Anyway, feel free to be silly or serious in here. I just think this will be a fun and motivational place to visit now and then. ^_^
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Humble Farmer With a Sword Petrichora's Avatar
    Do you have a dream job?
    Is there a place you've always wished to live or visit?
    If you could meet anyone in the world, who would you meet?
    Is there some kind of alternative universe you think would be far more ideal than our own?
    If you could make one wish, and it can't be for more wishes, what would it be?

Do you have a family goal?
    Do you have any goals in love?
    Do you have any goals in friendship?
    Any work/educational goals?
    Have your goals changed over time? And for good or worse?
    Have you ever failed to reach a goal due to your own procrastination or lack of faith in yourself?
    Is the world goal beginning to look funny to you? (Because it is to me.)
    I want to be an FBI Agent, SBI Agent, or Homicide Detective. I also want to work in a community theater (I'm not good enough to go pro, so I'll get a different job and just keep it as a hobby). I want to visit Norway, Italy, and Greece. I would love to meet Michael Buble and Eric Whitacre. I wish everything would work out according to plan. I also wish I had a plan.

I want to meet a nice boy, fall in love, get married, and have kids. By "have kids," I mean that I want to adopt one and maybe, possibly, perhaps, actually give birth to one. I'd like one girl and one boy. I've been thinking about the names Susan or Audrey for a girl, and Theodore or Tobias for a boy. Oh, at the wedding, I'd love for Pachelbel's Canon in D to be played for the walking down the aisle bit, and maybe a Michael Buble/Frank Sinatra jazz tune for our first dance.

My only goal for education is to get through college safely. Major in criminal justice/law (I'm not entirely sure the difference yet). Minor in music, maybe.

I used to want to major in musical theater and minor in music. But, after having gone to a theater major meeting, it kinda got a bit overwhelming. I guess it's for the best, since there's probably not much money in theater unless you're really really good at it and make it big.

I have stopped myself from reaching a goal. In a way, I was the reason for not following my dreams and becoming a theater major. I also meant to finish writing a book, but I stopped working on it years ago. Maybe I'll pick it up again when I find the time.
    While I was waiting. . . I ate your lunch.

Michael Buble is a nice guy. Met him a few years back on New Years when he was playing at the Venetian in Vegas. Really approachable and friendly.

I love the name Tobias, that's a greta pick!

As for me, I have a lot of hopes, dreams and wishes. But I tend to fail in reaching them since I drop current goals and reach for brand new ones. And with years of doing that, I feel a lot like a quitter... like I can't ever finish things I begin. The only accomplishment I ever made since graduation of high school was graduating beauty school, but I hated it so much by the time I finished I don't want to peruse it as a career ever.

I really would just love to figure out what exactly I'd like to dive into career wise. I love illustration, and would simply die of happiness if I could write/draw comic books for a living... but it seems like one of those impossible dreams that would end up being a waste of time since who knows if it would even be good? But so many people get published... it makes me think why can't I?

Either way I would love to put myself in a creative career that involved writing in some way but I just don't know where to begin. There are so many different kinds of writers, I would love to figure out what classes I should take in order to get the education I need.

But putting a career and education aside, I have one major goal in friendship. I need to open myself up more to people... and be a little less distant when someone tries to befriend me.

Schiz, start a web comic and have a donation button for the people who become fans of your web comic. I'm seeing a lot of the web comic's I've been reading become manga/graphic novels/books that aren't just online only... Barns & Noble carries MegaTokyo & Red String which are web comics and still online and updating. Sure it might take a while but stick with it and it'll work out. If it is what you like or love doing then just keep on doing it as a side until you can work on it full time without being broke all the time.

For me, I'd love to be a pet photographer and a website designer. I love the coding and got most of the simple html down just not the other parts of if. Which I'm working on getting out there and being a pet photographer starting out with doing a few neighbors and their pets for the price of word of mouth. Plus I'm probably gonna be my sister's wedding photographer since she wants family in her wedding and there is no way they would get me into a dress to be the maid of honor or a bridesmaid.

I've always wanted to travel the world and take pictures, so there isn't any one spot but I'd love to be able to visit my friends who live in the UK, Australia, and Malaysia. Plus Japan is near the top of my list to visit and live before I settle into a Missouri farm that I own with my parents and whatever guy I happen to end up marrying.

I'd love to visit an Alternative Universe were magic is real (kindof like Harry potter only not). Plus any of the Alternative Universe's were they only use natural resources, don't have war, honest people live, were the rich doesn't rule, and the government is really for the people and aren't trying to kill of the old and disabled folks. I think that would be completely cool to visit a place like that.

"If you could make one wish, and it can't be for more wishes, what would it be?" Mine would have to be enough money to were my parents can retire and just work on their own farm and not have to worry about money and just do it because they enjoy it. Of course I'd be with them helping out on the farm living someplace on the land that they owned so I wouldn't really be living with them.

I'd love to have a family, two kids of my own and then adopt others. I pretty much set that off until I get my life straighten up and going were I can live comfortably with a good amount of spending money to support my anime, manga, book, and movie addiction. Which I doubt that'll happen anytime soon since I'm barely making enough money to raise rabbits to sell and support myself.

Overall plan for my life; get my GED, go to collage (majoring in photography and minoring in webdesign), start my own photography/webdesign business. Buy a farm with land and two houses (one for my parents and one for me... I'm stuck with my parents until death do us part), use said farm to not rely completely on stores and use it for selling the extra products which will includes rabbit, chicken, and cow meat, eggs, jersey cow milk, goat milk. Sometime between the business and farm find someone to marry.

Goal for right now, get out more and have a life and try to make friends to hang out with (and who will let me hang out at their house and use their internet).
    Want to rp? Send me a PM!

Story of Us a small town slice of fantasy life.
    Shichiyou Academy is Adult Rated School.

I just have a small little wish today. Or rather, a goal.

I want to start really finishing some of my projects. I start artwork, and then never finish it. I always give up before I even get really into it. So expect to see me posting some things. I may even make a little thread in the art section. Although that always makes me nervous, because I am terrible at handling helpful criticism. (Even though if I am going to be any good, I need to cope and work with the process)

Either way, just wanted to post this here as a reminder to myself. I can't go back. I have to do this or I won't feel productive!

Do you have a dream job?
    If I could be ANYTHING in this world, I'd love to be a screenplay writer. I don't know, or do storyboards for video games. Something creative and fun like that...

Ideally, I want to live in HK again, haha. I miss the hustle and bustle of daily life.

Lee Joon. Hands down. Must. Meet. My. One. True. Love. Even if this meeting will result in hm filing multiple restraining orders. At least I'd get to touch him... lol. I sound like such a creeper right now...

Is there some kind of alternative universe you think would be far more ideal than our own?
    Probably, haha. I mean, I think it'd be pretty cool if we lived in a fantasy setting, but with a modern back-drop.

Sounds a little cheesy/cliche, but, at this point in my life, I just want to be happy. Haha, to ensure that my happiness is long-lasting and eternal.

As for goals...

Up until recently, I've been working really hard towards being a lawyer, but... After some soul-searching, I figured that kind of profession isn't really for me. I think, for now, I'm just going to take things one step at a time. After graduating and before entering graduate school, I'm planning a two-three years hiatus where I just teach English abroad. I'll probably end up coming back to the United States to teach after grad school, haha.

I think, somewhere along the way, the money and cars and everything just kind of lost their appeal. It's a little sad, but, I think I'd rather do something rewarding with my life... Not that being a lawyer wouldn't be, but... I doubt working as a corporate lawyer is going to give me the kind of honest, good-satisfaction I'm looking for. Plus, from what I've seen, learned, and heard, being a lawyer isn't all its jazzed up to be, haha.

They change all the time.

Have you ever failed to reach a goal due to your own procrastination or lack of faith in yourself?
    Totally, lol. I wouldn't be so miserable if I didn't procrastinate myself into failure, lol.

Do you have a dream job?

Right now....my dream job is questionable.

I wish to live in Florida because it's the perfect place for me....though i'd take Kentucky anyday for the seclusion.

Ron Paul

Yes, I wonder how my life would be everyday if something in my life was different.

To be normal.

EDIT:

Yes...to become better than my siblings in every way.

Yes but they're secret.

To keep a good friendship that won't break through conflict and just keep going despite all the difficulties faced.

Get through my school year alive and with some good designs made. Some really cool designs.

Yes and no. No to the fact I may have procrastinated to an extent but have completed something in time. Like my project goals in class. And I have lost lack of faith at some point if i'm restricted and hold it off until I feel I have some starting point...

Is the world goal beginning to look funny to you?

It continues to look funny to me how animal life is more valuable than human life. That's what is both funny and sad to me.
    Last edited by APBCole; 12-12-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Just thought I'd actually mention that I have succeeded in putting some effort in since I posted this way back when. And the things I haven't completed are at least in progress, and progress itself is a big motivator for me.

Dreams and Wishes
    Do you have a dream job? Not really. I just want something that's close to home, fun, and exciting.
    Is there a place you've always wished to live or visit? Always wanted to go to Michigan to see Wifey. Also wanted to go to... Alaska, the Grand Canyon, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, and Australia.
    If you could meet anyone in the world, who would you meet? Avril Lavigne. Lame, I know. But I've always loved her music and style. Think it would be neat to see what motivates her to do what she does and how she keeps on fighting for her dreams.
    Is there some kind of alternative universe you think would be far more ideal than our own? I have quite a few places that pop up in my dreams. Would love to visit any of them... if they were real.
    If you could make one wish, and it can't be for more wishes, what would it be? I don't need a wish. I want to make my wishes come true by pursuing them myself. There isn't an easy button in life and wishing on stars gets you nowhere.

Goals
    Do you have a family goal? Would love to find a man and have three children - Nicholas, Jessica, and William.
    Do you have any goals in love? Ha. Goal. Find a guy that I don't actually hate and one that will put up with all the drama I throw at him.
    Do you have any goals in friendship? Keep my friends close and my enemies closer. Also really want to meet ISOS_Duke and attend my friend's wedding... haven't seen her in almost ten years.
    Any work/educational goals? Graduate college before RIT picks up a semester system.
    Have your goals changed over time? And for good or worse? They always change and they always will. Nothing is set in stone. And I would like to think they are for good.
    Have you ever failed to reach a goal due to your own procrastination or lack of faith in yourself? I believe in myself as much as Naruto believes in himself. I've never not done something because I had a lack of faith. My determination and sheer willpower will never waver. I have, however, failed to reach a goal because I wasn't mature enough to grasp the concepts or because I just wasn't ready - mentally, physically, or emotionally.
    Is the word goal beginning to look funny to you? (Because it is to me.) I wouldn't call it funny as it is that word that drives me to be my best. Without my goals and dreams, I wouldn't be half the woman I am today. I strive to live each day to its fullest so that I can rest peacefully each night. And what I can't complete, succeed at, or do, I try again, if I feel the end result is worthy of the extra effort.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    Wishes~

Do you have a dream job?

I want to become an artist. Maybe a professional cosplayer. I love sewing and art, and both are just fun to do. I know I can't get far on that, so I think I'll use my mathematical abilities and possibly design some buildings, toys or something fun. Well, I have a few years before I have to decide, so I'll think more on this...

England, castles in Germany, and my family castle in Ireland. I love looking at old architecture, its so beautiful. I want to be able to go to the Grand Canyon too, but I'm not particularly as interested in going there as the other places, but its one of the cheapest to go to. The plane ride would be short for me, since I live right next to it- two states over. I wanted to go to Disney World in Florida, but I'm getting the chance to go with my school for some animation classes! I love my school... I love it a lot..

Anyone in the world? I'm happy with the people around me, but if I ever get the chance to see Micheal J. Tantum or Malinda-chan, I'd jump at it in a heartbeat. Those two are just awesome! Oh... And Tori Amos, Norah Jones and maybe Coldplay... I'd be ecstatic if I could meet them, but that's only if I am offered the chance.

I like our universe. Its nice. I mean, yeah, there is some crap that we need to clean up, but with a bit more pushing we could get it cleaned up. I just think that people would treat each other better and get rid of the old instincts that we don't need anymore. Girls don't need to be twig thin, and guys don't have to be totally buffed out- All we need need to see is that we mean something to each other and it has nothing to do with outward appearance or who you love.

I wish that I could hold my girlfriend's hand without getting weird looks from the people around us. There's nothing I can do about what other people think about my sexuality, but I wish that they'd just ignore what they don't like and not get into the subject. (This is making me want to start ranting... But I'll stop here, seeing that is a very touchy matter.)

Goals~

I intend to have a family, but a small one. I'm not all too interested in having kids, because I can barely take care of a fish or a cat, and if I accidently don't feed a baby, I could get into serious trouble. I don't want to go to jail because I can't remember things...

None at the moment. I've accomplished them. ^w^

My goals in friendship are silly. I love my friends to death and I'm absolutely glad I have them. I hope to be able to invade all of their homes, eat their food and then go back to school the next day and act as if nothing happened. They do this all the time to me and it sounds more like I want to get revenge on them instead of making this a goal.
    I want to be able to fight for that one flip-flop XDSmart has stolen from me last year and give her's back. She stole it during swimming class and then wouldn't give it back to me, so I was stuck with mismatched flip-flops with her name on the side of them.
    I also need to give my best guy friend an awesome Christmas present next year, because he gave me a Rin Kagamine figurine and I felt like a jerk because I gave him some candy. (I had a low budget on Christmas gifts last year. I'm working on saving up for that...)

I want to get into the Early College High School in my district and get my associates degree by the time I get out of high school. After that, I want to attend the University of Texas for their writing program and get my Master's degree in writing. I then hope to take some classes in art- not sure where yet... Maybe Full Sail University in Florida. I always wanted to move over there...

My goals have changed for the better. They have become more realistic and developed now that I know what I am good at and what I want to be good at.

Yes. Many times. I've been wanting to write a book, but with writer's block and high school courses in middle school- its a bit tough. When i was presented with a brilliant idea to write about, I would start on it and then stop, because I get so busy with something else. Sadly that also happens with my role plays, but I work on them longer because I feel as if I have people depending on me to help create a story.

Is the world goal beginning to look funny to you?

Yes. Yes it is.

A new goal in my life:

Reduce my weekly spending, continue to save up at a speedy rate, begin house hunting after Christmas this year. It is time to take the next step! And if I have calculated correctly... it looks more than possible.

I have a few new goals that I have been working towards:

1. Be a better person: Stop and think before doing/saying things. Even if I'm angry or disappointed or frustrated or overwhelmed, other people might be feeling the same (or worse). And even if they aren't, there's no need to bring them down. Everyone hurts and bleeds.

2. Become an Iron Chef!!: I love to eat out. I spend way too much money eating out. So, I've decided that instead of spending so much money on pigging out, I'm going to learn to cook! I've already tried a bunch of different things and, well, either I'm really good at picking out excellent recipes/instructions or I'm not as terrible a cook as I first thought I was! <3

3. Be Happy: There's a lot of things in the world that is depressing and, yeah, the world isn't perfect. It isn't all sunshine and rainbows, but that doesn't mean I have to add more gray to darkness. If I change my attitude, I'll be better for it. And, lately, I've been happier even though I've been really stressed and, in some cases, still stressed.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Wifey, why did I not make your dream/goal/wish post? >.> XP

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369