Login to your account

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guilty Pleasures

Guilty Pleasures

I am sure everyone out there has those things that they secretly love, but are a bit ashamed of. Those things that you keep in the back of the closet of your life in the old shoebox...

I bring this up because lately, I have been indulging in something that is simply silly.

Online Doll Costuming/Makers. I sit there and just spend hours playing around with hair, clothing etc. Sometimes I try to get as close as I can to my characters. I found a great site that I have been playing with- it has so many different style doll makers. dolldivine.com

It makes me feel like such a girl playing with these.

Other guilty pleasures I indulge in include: dime novel westerns, cold leftovers, and being the first one to open a gallon of milk.

I simply love that you made this thread! Haha! And is it terrible that I can say I have done the same thing? No lie... actually sat and played with random doll makers for hours? I make ones that look like my characters to, or I use them as ideas to come up with clothing or hairstyles for characters that I may have not thought of. I've played a few on DA that are pretty fun! Thanks for the link though~ This will serve as a distraction for sure.

As for my Guilty Pleasures?

Design shows... like.. mainly relating to Home and Garden. I know I'm only 20 and I shouldn't be so concerned with tricks on how to design a small space or the proper way to clean a gutter but I can't help it! I love learning new recipes. It's hilarious because I so don't look like the average home maker lady, but I love to cook, clean and decorate. It's a secret hobby to most of my friend.

Others at the moment; sugar cookies, anime soaking in fan service and meme databases.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Utopia, you're a fan of doll-divine too?! XD

OMG! This is how I'm going to spend the rest of my day. Playing doll dress up.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

It's like a black hole of time.... stupid dress up dolls.

Curse you, link. Curse you! XD
    Attached Images Attached Images

- hangouts -

Utopia: there are also idressup.com and dressupgames.com which links to lots of games XD

The evil has been spread!

Humble Farmer With a Sword Petrichora's Avatar
    I love to watch fashion TV shows. It's strange because I despise most shows that don't have storylines to them. I really, really hate reality TV. And, I really have no interest in modeling or fashion, but I love watching What Not to Wear, America's Next Top Model, and Project Runway. And, also, I kinda. . . sorta. . . like watching Dance Moms.
    While I was waiting. . . I ate your lunch.

I don't know about you, but anime men. Total guilty pleasure. I hate to admit it, but damn, fictional characters are sexy. Looks. Personality. Charm. Wit. Ugh. So. Freaking. Hot. I'm watching this anime called Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan and hot damn, those samurai men are hotttttttttt. Why can't real men look like that? Their eyes, so dreamy. They way they act, so charming. Their hair, so freaking cool. I wish I were an anime character so I could date guys like that... in my dreams I sometimes take on an anime form... bur that's another story. Ha ha.

- hangouts -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    I don't know about you, but anime men. Total guilty pleasure.
    I can agree with you there. I specifically have a soft spot for the dark haired, spectacled "cool" guys... probably the most recognizable being Kyoya Ootori from Ouran High School Host Club. *gets chills* Do you have a favorite, Xavi?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizophrenic View Post
    I can agree with you there. I specifically have a soft spot for the dark haired, spectacled "cool" guys... probably the most recognizable being Kyoya Ootori from Ouran High School Host Club. *gets chills* Do you have a favorite, Xavi?
    Do I have to pick just one? XD

I think my all time fav, don't judge, is Itachi. My most recent crush is Hijikata. In Ouran, I was a HUGE Tamaki fan.

I have a thing for the sweethearts. The guy that acts all rough and tough, but, in the end, turns out to be a real softy. I also love the characters that have a flaw and have a tendency to be a bit silly at times. Oh, and I seem to always fall for the selfless character who puts those he loves above himself whether it be family, friends, or a loved one. It's sooooo romantic. *sigh* Why can't I find a guy like that? XD

- hangouts -

My guilty pleasure? Candy. I always buy some. I know it's not good for me. :/
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Eating fast food! It's so bad for you, but I like it so much. What's worse is that I know I can make comparable items of a significantly higher quality and yummy-ness at home!

Guilty pleasure? Reading manga when I'm not supposed to. XD or, twix. Or! Playing harvest moon when in class.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    *sigh* Why can't I find a guy like that? XD

They exist! You're pound to meet your "prince" one day. Who knows, you may already know him!

Right now- poker on my phone! And chocolate (but that's always a pleasure, guilty or not XD)

I can't play poker. x.x;

Xavi, I think that's a guilty pleasure for quite a few people. XD Anime guys are so cute. <3 If I see one in real life, I'd jump them.

One of my guilty pleasures is reading Cracked.com. That is another time hole though if you starting clicking on the 'similar' article links.

Ascadellia: I have learned lately that... neither can I XD Luckily I'm not playing for real money.
    .. also (totes butting in on the anime conversation) I'm going to go with: Asca + anime con = lots of happy nerds XD

Another guilty pleasure; DamnYouAutoCorrect. Cracks me up.

I could spend hours on that website, Impish. It's best read late at night when you are extra sleepy so everything is even more hilarious. xD I think I laughed to the point of tears because of one that was a son telling his mom he was gonna wack off when he meant to say write off...

That's all I need to say.

It is hilarous Schizo! There was one where someone was looking for her keys and couldn't find them in her bag.
    Autocorrect turned it into; Did I leave my jews in your room? I can't find them in my vag. XD

O.O oh.. my. XD

Guilty Pleasure related to gaming: the Sailor Moon Big Eyes Small Mouth game. Terrible guilty pleasure. It is so ridiculous and fun if you get a good group of people together and actually make them shout and pose while roleplaying.

Humble Farmer With a Sword Petrichora's Avatar
    Another guilty pleasure of mine: Mozart and Shakespeare. I know it makes me seem like I'm trying to sound all sophisticated and such (which is why I feel guilty), but whenever I read Shakespeare or listen to Mozart, I just kinda scream with excitement inside.
    While I was waiting. . . I ate your lunch.

You know I never thought of mentioning this but... roleplaying is actually my guilty pleasure. Not a lot of people I know actually know I do this. Or understand what I'm doing... haha. I tend to keep it a secret, just because I know some people would be confused by the concept.

It's probably my biggest guilty pleasure of all time.... >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Schizophrenic View Post
    You know I never thought of mentioning this but... roleplaying is actually my guilty pleasure. Not a lot of people I know actually know I do this. Or understand what I'm doing... haha. I tend to keep it a secret, just because I know some people would be confused by the concept.

It's probably my biggest guilty pleasure of all time.... >_>
    Same! I don't tell ANYONE about it. It's my dirty little secret. :3

- hangouts -

I am a proud gamer/roleplayer. I don't care who knows about it. *laugh* Sure, I come off like a dork, but meh. All my friends are my fellow dorks and everyone else- I don't care what they think.

Seasonal Guilty Pleasure

I am in love with Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin Latte. I am normally a tea drinker, but for some reason I love the fake pumpkin goodness of the flavoured latte at the DD.

I make a bomb pumpkin spice latte.

What kind of teas are your favorite Utopia? I'm quite fond of anything minty~

Also, a recent guilty pleasure that was brought to my attention. Bread sticks... pretty much will eat any kind. I love them. I love bread. I could just eat... bread for a meal and be totally satisfied. But I am also aware, it isn't exactly the best choice for anyone trying not to look like a glob of dough themselves.